Windows 10: mouse pointer jumping aroung

Discus and support mouse pointer jumping aroung in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a Surfacebook with Windows 10 professional. I have been having mouse pointer issues for a over 4 months now and have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sanjr, May 11, 2019.

1. sanjr Win User

mouse pointer jumping aroung

Hi there,

I have a Surfacebook with Windows 10 professional. I have been having mouse pointer issues for a over 4 months now and have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue.

Basically the issue is that when the pointer moves across the screen it jumps. When selecting text in (such as in Word), parts of the selected text to not highlight - ie I might select 4 paragraphs and the first 2 would highlight, the third wouldn't, but the fourth one would as well. After using my laptop for about an hour or two the mouse pointer will start to click or select a couple of lines above where the actual cursor is. The only way to fix the problem is to restart the machine. The issue will then be resolved for a further hour or two - then it will start to play up again.

I have done all my windows updates, I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I have run the windows troubleshooter, I have even tried 3 different mice in my laptop (the issue happens both when using mice and using the touchpad, so does not seem to be mouse specific) - but it makes no difference. I have tried the same mice in my other computers and they work fine. It annoyed me so much that I ended up resetting my computer and also reinstalling windows - but the issue was there again immediately.

The issue exists across all programs and I cannot think of anything else. Does anyone have any advice? Am I missing something? Enhanced pointer precision is not currently selected (and makes no difference), I have also adjust the mouse scroll speed etc - everything has been played around with and nothing fixes the issue. If I recall correctly I only started having the issue after a windows update.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

:)

sanjr, May 11, 2019

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, May 11, 2019
  3. mrmike Win User
    Mouse Pointer Sticking

Every 5/10 minutes, my mouse pointer keeps sticking, for around 1 second, then jumps to where it should have been. It's almost as if the pointer isn't actually sticking but the screen isn't updating. This started happening after upgrading to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

mrmike, May 11, 2019
  4. mouse pointer jumping aroung

mouse pointer shivering and jumping all over

I have windows 10 surface pro 3 mouse pointer it just started jumping all over suddenly. It "shivers" in appearance. Maxine

maxinedoner, May 11, 2019
Thema:

mouse pointer jumping aroung

1. mouse pointer jumping aroung - Similar Threads - mouse pointer jumping

2. Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9: The problem is that when i move my mouse in Minecraft 1.8.9 it randomly moves a few more pixel and it really annoying. I know how to fix it because i saw a YouTube video in the video the said go to your Minecraft Launcher on your desktop than to properties and than to...
  3. Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9: The problem is that when i move my mouse in Minecraft 1.8.9 it randomly moves a few more pixel and it really annoying. I know how to fix it because i saw a YouTube video in the video the said go to your Minecraft Launcher on your desktop than to properties and than to...
  4. Mouse pointer jumping around while playing rust

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer jumping around while playing rust: Hey!When im trying to upgrade thing on rust,my cursor goes from far left to far right in just 1 millisecond.Is there any fix for this is so disturbing!...
  5. Windows 10 - Mouse pointer jumping.

Windows 10 - Mouse pointer jumping.: Greetings Ever since I switched my OS to Win 10, I've been experiencing problems with mouse pointer. More specifically, during any activity that demands more intense mouse usage, regardless of it being app full-screen, or something in the browser, the mouse pointer,...
  6. Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location

Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location: Mouse cursor/pointer jumps abruptly from current/last position to the position where the text insertion cursor is on the screen. At times it even jumps to some random location on screen, either at bottom or left top corner. This issue has been observed almost across all...
  7. pointer jumps

in Windows 10 Customization
    pointer jumps: The pointer on my screen jumps by itself to the upper right hand corner of the screen. This happens in between 30-60 seconds. I tried swamping out the wireless track ball and it still happens so I figured that its a problem with windows and not Logitech. Any ideas??...
  8. Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!

Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!: There are many, many threads about this issue, all of which give the wrong answers. The problem is that on Asus x401u and probably many other similar makes and models, the touchpad works properly when the laptop is running on battery power alone, but jumps wildly when plugged...
  9. Mouse pointer jumps to lower right of display and does not respond

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mouse pointer jumps to lower right of display and does not respond: This started about a month ago and appears to be getting worse. Mouse pointer appears to be controlled by outside entity - Malware? It will jump to lower right of display and sometimes select functions that are in that area of task bar. Have also found computer brought out...
  10. mouse pointer jumps automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse pointer jumps automatically: I recently bought new laptop from HP with Windows 10 Preinstalled. I noticed that while using touchpad, sometimes the mouse pointer jumps and goes to another place than the place earlier it was. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooted the problem,...