Windows 10: Mouse pointer jumps on second monitor with different scaling when right-clicking

Discus and support Mouse pointer jumps on second monitor with different scaling when right-clicking in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can Microsoft confirm this is a bug and fix it? I have a laptop with a 1920x1080 screen with text scaling set to 125%. I have a second monitor plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lomacar, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Lomacar Win User

Mouse pointer jumps on second monitor with different scaling when right-clicking

Can Microsoft confirm this is a bug and fix it? I have a laptop with a 1920x1080 screen with text scaling set to 125%. I have a second monitor plugged in to extend my desktop. The monitor has a scaling of 100%. If the monitor is set up to be on the right, the mouse cursor jumps almost 300px to the right, when right clicking. (If the cursor is too close to the right edge of the screen then a context menu won't even show up.) If the monitor is configured to extend to the left then the cursor will jump to the left. Unfortunately, using the context menu button on the keyboard does is not a usable work around for most cases.

:)

Lomacar, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Lomacar Win User

Mouse pointer jumps on second monitor with different scaling when right-clicking

Can Microsoft confirm this is a bug and fix it? I have a laptop with a 1920x1080 screen with text scaling set to 125%. I have a second monitor plugged in to extend my desktop. The monitor has a scaling of 100%. If the monitor is set up to be on the right,
    the mouse cursor jumps almost 300px to the right, when right clicking. (If the cursor is too close to the right edge of the screen then a context menu won't even show up.) If the monitor is configured to extend to the left then the cursor will jump to the
    left. Unfortunately, using the context menu button on the keyboard does is not a usable work around for most cases.

Lomacar, Sep 25, 2019
  3. DanFreddy Win User
    Mouse pointer jumps and stutters after upgrade to 4k monitor.

Using Windows 10 Pro, upgraded from Win 7 Pro

Display is a Phillips BDM4065UC 4k 40" monitor.

Mouse is a Logitech G5 laser mouse.

I am at 100% scaling.

In windows, the pointer jumps and stutters and it's hard to place it where I want. Interestingly, if I use a budget optical mouse, the problem goes away. When I use a HP Voodoo mouse, the problem comes back. So I have to use the cheap mouse for now. Is there
    a solution that would allow me to use the better mice?

Thank you.

DanFreddy, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Mouse pointer jumps on second monitor with different scaling when right-clicking

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer jumps on second monitor with different scaling when right-clicking - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer jumps

2. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen: Every few days the mouse pointer on my Samsung SynchMaster S20B350H changes to what looks like an ancient scroll. I have to shut down and startup again for the pointer to revert to the Windows system default. The pointer on the laptop screen remains the same. I tried updating...
  3. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen: Every few days the mouse pointer on my Samsung SynchMaster S20B350H changes to what looks like an ancient scroll. I have to shut down and startup again for the pointer to revert to the Windows system default. The pointer on the laptop screen remains the same. I tried updating...
  4. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Mouse pointer different on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse pointer different on dual monitors: Windows 10 with dual monitors in extended mode. Working fine until recently. The mouse pointer on the left display works fine, basic arrow pointer. When you move the mouse to the display on the right, the mouse pointer changes to the "blue circle" busy pointer which makes it...
  6. Screen jumps when right-clicking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen jumps when right-clicking: Hi Does anyone know how I can fix the screen jumping when I right-click? It happens in all browsers, Excel & Outlook, but of course not all the time. See the screen recording: Screen jumping mp4 Windows 10 2004 19041.450 I've tried uninstalling & reinstall mouse...
  7. mouse pointer jumping aroung

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer jumping aroung: Hi there, I have a Surfacebook with Windows 10 professional. I have been having mouse pointer issues for a over 4 months now and have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue. Basically the issue is that when the pointer moves across the screen it jumps. When...
  8. Mouse pointer jumps to lower right of display and does not respond

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mouse pointer jumps to lower right of display and does not respond: This started about a month ago and appears to be getting worse. Mouse pointer appears to be controlled by outside entity - Malware? It will jump to lower right of display and sometimes select functions that are in that area of task bar. Have also found computer brought out...
  9. mouse pointer jumps automatically

mouse pointer jumps automatically: I recently bought new laptop from HP with Windows 10 Preinstalled. I noticed that while using touchpad, sometimes the mouse pointer jumps and goes to another place than the place earlier it was. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooted the problem,...
  10. second mouse pointer

second mouse pointer: for about 2 weeks now after some updates my Surface has been taking ages to boot. when it is finally running there is a second mouse pointer in a light circle on the display. it goes away after a while but the time varies...