Windows 10: Mouse pointer jumps to lower right of display and does not respond

Discus and support Mouse pointer jumps to lower right of display and does not respond in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This started about a month ago and appears to be getting worse. Mouse pointer appears to be controlled by outside entity - Malware? It will jump to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by richnavy, Apr 11, 2019.

1. richnavy Win User

Mouse pointer jumps to lower right of display and does not respond

This started about a month ago and appears to be getting worse. Mouse pointer appears to be controlled by outside entity - Malware? It will jump to

lower right of display and sometimes select functions that are in that area of task bar. Have also found computer brought out of sleep mode. Have done system restore back to Feb 2019 with no success. McAfee virus scan does not find anything and currently running Windows MSRT with nothing found yet. Running Win 10 on HP envy desktop. Have shut off all tablet settings for the display and have tried 2 blue tooth and 1 USB mouse - all act the same.

:)

richnavy, Apr 11, 2019

2. Stuttering mouse pointer and second pointer in lower right corner on HP Laptop with Windows 10

Yesterday, my HP laptop's USB mouse started 'stuttering' and another pointer appeared in the lower right corner. Unfortunately, I have not been able to resolve this issue. I tried multiple fixes including uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse and display
    adapters, starting in safe mode etc. to no avail, including a 30 minute 'chat' with Microsoft service.

Any suggestions.

laurie

laurieprophater, Apr 11, 2019
  3. mike74718 Win User
    pointer doesnt work on the entire monitor lower right wont respond

pointer wont respond in diablo3 game . lower right corner after I installed windows ten.

mike74718, Apr 11, 2019
  4. PaulMegge Win User

Mouse randomly goes to lower right corner and does a left click

My mouse is dropping to the lower right corner of my screen and doing a right click. It also will flash as I move it (I think that it is trying to go back to the corner). I have tired unplugging my mouse and just using the touch pad, disabling the touch
    pad and just using the mouse, deleting the mouse and reinstalling. I have also verified the pointer options do not have the "Hide pointer when typing", "display Pointer trails", "show location of pointer..." or "Automatically move pointer to default..." options
    checked (They are all unchecked).

This is a Toshiba Satellite laptop.

McAfee is installed and current but did not have any malware.

Does anyone have a suggestion to correct this issue?

PaulMegge, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer jumps to lower right of display and does not respond - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer jumps

2. Mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of extended display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of extended display: hi,When I have my display extended to an external screen, every couple of minutes the mouse pointer suddenly jumps to the top right corner of the desktop. This can happen even as I am in the process of clicking, so I have accidentally closed my window several times, sometimes...
  3. Mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of extended display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top right corner of extended display: hi,When I have my display extended to an external screen, every couple of minutes the mouse pointer suddenly jumps to the top right corner of the desktop. This can happen even as I am in the process of clicking, so I have accidentally closed my window several times, sometimes...
  4. Laptop not responding to mouse pointer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not responding to mouse pointer.: I use an Asus VivoBook S, and it has been having some problems with it lately. It suddenly stops responding to the mouse pointer if I click anywhere after a little while of use. I can still scroll with the touchpad, but if I click it doesn't respond to anything even though...
  5. Windows 10 - Mouse pointer jumping.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Mouse pointer jumping.: Greetings Ever since I switched my OS to Win 10, I've been experiencing problems with mouse pointer. More specifically, during any activity that demands more intense mouse usage, regardless of it being app full-screen, or something in the browser, the mouse pointer,...
  6. pointer jumps to upper right corner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pointer jumps to upper right corner: My computer is a Surface Book 3 running the latest version of Windows 10. The pointer just started jumping to the upper right corner of the screen. It happens with the Arc Mouse or with the touch pad. If I disconnect the screen from the keyboard the mouse work fine, no...
  7. icons jump in task bar lower right

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons jump in task bar lower right: The task bar icons move around in lower right hand side of task bar. sometimes they stop. never know when they will start moving again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-jump-in-task-bar-lower-right/7a191653-1cd7-4a9a-924d-36d705e48c90
  8. mouse pointer jumping aroung

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer jumping aroung: Hi there, I have a Surfacebook with Windows 10 professional. I have been having mouse pointer issues for a over 4 months now and have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue. Basically the issue is that when the pointer moves across the screen it jumps. When...
  9. mouse pointer jumps automatically

mouse pointer jumps automatically: I recently bought new laptop from HP with Windows 10 Preinstalled. I noticed that while using touchpad, sometimes the mouse pointer jumps and goes to another place than the place earlier it was. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooted the problem,...
  10. pointer doesnt work on the entire monitor lower right wont respond

pointer doesnt work on the entire monitor lower right wont respond: pointer wont respond in diablo3 game . lower right corner after I installed windows ten. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-doesnt-work-on-the-entire-monitor-lower/9e45dc68-576b-4063-ae7b-500806bf8c6f