Windows 10: Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location

Discus and support Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Mouse cursor/pointer jumps abruptly from current/last position to the position where the text insertion cursor is on the screen. At times it even jumps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SameerM84, Oct 26, 2020.

1. SameerM84 Win User

Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location

Mouse cursor/pointer jumps abruptly from current/last position to the position where the text insertion cursor is on the screen. At times it even jumps to some random location on screen, either at bottom or left top corner.
    This issue has been observed almost across all applications Edge, Excel, OneNote, Firefox, Notepads and even in Feedback Hub.

Also issue occurs while using trackpad as well as external mouse.

Mouse pointer would either jump to middle of text box, in the cell last typed or top left corner Start Menu

Till now I have tried all available solution on various internet forums, including changing settings of mouse hide pointer while typing/enhance pointer precision, re-installing drivers, disable trackpad etc though issues isn't fixed.
    Can someone from your side provide some help.

:)

SameerM84, Oct 26, 2020

2. Jumping mouse cursor

Mouse cursor keeps jumping out of control. I've uninstalled it (there were 3 listed under the mouse device) and then updated the device driver. Didn't fix it. What do I do?

Charlie T65, Oct 26, 2020
  3. ZachOrent Win User
    Mouse pointer loading cursor location bug

When my mouse pointer switches to the loading cursor it no longer matches up to its correct location on the screen. Once it is done loading and returns to the non-loading cursor it is back to the correct location. What do I do to fix this and keep the loading
    cursor aligned?

The odd thing is that switching my cursors in the Mouse Settings page of the control panel seems to correct it for a few minutes before the loading cursor begins to drift again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1709

OS Build: 16299.125

Computer Model: Lenovo Edge 2-1580

System Type: 64-bit

ZachOrent, Oct 26, 2020
  4. IanDeming Win User

The Mouse in my windows 10 computer is not working. The cursor jumps in random directions.

<Original Title: Jumping mouse. Please help>

For the past few months my cursor has been jumping arround in random directions and at random times, and it does it in games too, some times lasting up to 30 mins befor jumping again, most of the time it only jumps about an inch, this problem has been getting
    worse over time too. (jumping more frequent, and at longer distances) So I thought that the mouse was going bad (it was a razer mouse) so i got a new G502 gaming mouse, and I still have the problem, and is not the mouse pad either, and I tried 4 different
    USB ports and even reinstalled logitech drivers twice, and razer shitnapse/synapse 4 times when I had that mouse. So I booted in to safe mode (it still did it in safe mode), and ran some virus scans, with AVG, malwarebytes, and CMD, and CCleaner, nothing came
    up, so i ended up finding a post in a forum http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/164708-Randomly-Jumping-Cursor were he had the same problem in windows 8.

So after reading that post I found that if I go in to Device Manager and check the mouse there are 4 mice under Mice and other pointing devices that all have the name "HID-comlpiant mouse" (and 6 keyborads to for some reason, I think it has something to
    do with the extra "G keys") so if I delete 3 of the mice, leaving the one thats says Logitech Gaming Virtual Mouse under the General tab and Location, then the cursor stops jumping arround. But after restarting the pc I have the problem again, so I have to
    go back in to Device Manager and delete the other 3 mice again for it to stop, and given that after restarting the pc, and there are 4 mice in Device Manager again, that tells me that they are suppossed to be there. so the problem has to be caused by somthing
    elts. ( I think )

I have also tried enabling/disabling Enhance pointer persison, and Hide pointer while typing, that did nothing. And all my drivers are up to date.

Please help me, I am running out of things to try, and have not found any one elts that has this problem execpt for that one forum post.

Edit: Oh and I for got to mention that sometimes when I restart the pc, the keyboard doesnt load, so I have to unplug it and plug it back in again to log in to windows, it starteddoing this about a month ago, I dont know if that has anything to do with the
    mouse jumping but, I think it does.

IanDeming, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer jumps

2. Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9: The problem is that when i move my mouse in Minecraft 1.8.9 it randomly moves a few more pixel and it really annoying. I know how to fix it because i saw a YouTube video in the video the said go to your Minecraft Launcher on your desktop than to properties and than to...
  3. Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9: The problem is that when i move my mouse in Minecraft 1.8.9 it randomly moves a few more pixel and it really annoying. I know how to fix it because i saw a YouTube video in the video the said go to your Minecraft Launcher on your desktop than to properties and than to...
  4. Mouse cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor jumping: I have a new mouse. but the problem is its cursor on the screen is erratic. What should i Do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-jumping/e00d5256-5ae7-4d78-8ef4-3ddb30b9c9a3
  5. Mouse cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor jumping: I have a new mouse. but the problem is its cursor on the screen is erratic. What should i Do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-jumping/e00d5256-5ae7-4d78-8ef4-3ddb30b9c9a3
  6. Mouse cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Jumping mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Jumping mouse cursor: Mouse cursor keeps jumping out of control. I've uninstalled it there were 3 listed under the mouse device and then updated the device driver. Didn't fix it. What do I do?...
  8. Random Cursor Jumping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Cursor Jumping: I just purchased a brand new Dell XPS 13 7390 that has Windows 10 Home. It has been a great device thus far until the cursor became sporadic. It has a mind of its own loving to jump mainly within the same line but also throughout other lines. It keeps getting worse and worse...
  9. mouse pointer jumping aroung

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer jumping aroung: Hi there, I have a Surfacebook with Windows 10 professional. I have been having mouse pointer issues for a over 4 months now and have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue. Basically the issue is that when the pointer moves across the screen it jumps. When...
  10. Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!: There are many, many threads about this issue, all of which give the wrong answers. The problem is that on Asus x401u and probably many other similar makes and models, the touchpad works properly when the laptop is running on battery power alone, but jumps wildly when plugged...