Windows 10: Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen

Discus and support Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Back in June my mouse pointer suddenly began jumping to the upper left hand corner of my Surface Pro 4 screen and flashing there in a touch bubble. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rlfilion, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Rlfilion Win User

Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen

Back in June my mouse pointer suddenly began jumping to the upper left hand corner of my Surface Pro 4 screen and flashing there in a touch bubble. I sometimes had some control over the mouse so I could move it and click on icons while the pointer was still flashing in the corner as well and sometimes I had no control over the mouse. I also had no control over touch. I tried different mouses. I couldn't get anything to work and eventually did a factory reset. That worked for about a month and the problem has returned. I've tried DISM but no component problems or integrity problems. I tried calibrating the screen, which seemed to have some effect but did not last. When I disable the touch screen, the problem disappears. I can then re-enable the touch screen and sometimes the problem comes back immediately and sometimes the problem will stay away until I use the touch screen. I thought it might be a hardware issue with something in the upper left hand corner of the screen but that doesn't explain why I did not have a problem for a month after the factory reset, or why after disabling/enabling the touch screen the problem does not always immediately reappear. Any idea as to how to fix this permanently?

:)

Rlfilion, Aug 13, 2019
  2. JonnyF007 Win User

mouse jumps to top left corner of screen

I have surface pro 4 running twin monitors.

Mouse cursor keeps jumping up to top left hand corner of screen and opening whatever file shortcut is up there.

It is rendering the computer unusable.

Something to do with trackpad sensitivity?

JonnyF007, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Jumping Bluetooth Mouse with Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

Hello

I've experienced exactly the same on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. Now I've followed all instructions as stated.

I've even changed my mouse from bluetooth to wired mouse.

It's the same experience. The mouse keeps jumping to upper left corner.

I have a Surface Dockingstation connected to my Surface Pro 4.

I have also tried to connect directly to the Surface Pro 4's USB-port, still, the same problem. The mouse keeps bounching to the upper left corner.

The type of mizes I have tried are:

- Logitech Performance MX (MR0007)

- steelseries RIVAL 100

- Logitech M510.

Could this be a matter of a firmware-upgrade?

Thanks. Help appreciated.

Supplement:

I've undocked my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Type Cover (R9Q-00046), then the bouncing mouse stops.

Kjeld Tellquist Rasmussen, Aug 13, 2019
  4. JohnHine Win User

Cursor jumping to left upper corner of screen

Sirs:

I am using a desktop PC (Asus P9 X79-E WS mother board). Ever since I started using the current build of Win 10 preview, my cursor has jumped unexpectedly to the left upper corner of my screen. Sometimes as fast as I can re-position it. (several times
    while typing this last sentence) I have tried multiple mice; Logitech, Microsoft, corded, wireless and currently a MS Bluetooth mouse. I have tried reloading drivers. I have tried registry checker apps, anti virus apps, anti malware apps. I currently have
    the "Snap To" and "Enhanced pointer precision" boxes unchecked.

I hope somebody has some suggestions, because this is driving my crazy.

JH

JohnHine, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer jumps

2. Sound Bar upper left corner, Surface Pro, Win 10,

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Bar upper left corner, Surface Pro, Win 10,: Out of nowhere, the sound volume bar appeared in the upper left corner of my desktop vertical bar, orange, black, 100, can decrease but defaults to full 100. It is immovable, unadjustable, and blocks anything behind it. I cannot seem to find a way to get rid of it. right...
  3. Sound Bar upper left corner, Surface Pro, Win 10,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Bar upper left corner, Surface Pro, Win 10,: Out of nowhere, the sound volume bar appeared in the upper left corner of my desktop vertical bar, orange, black, 100, can decrease but defaults to full 100. It is immovable, unadjustable, and blocks anything behind it. I cannot seem to find a way to get rid of it. right...
  4. Sound Bar upper left corner, Surface Pro, Win 10,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 4 - mouse jumping weird case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 4 - mouse jumping weird case: Hi,So basically the touch pad pointer with the pro 4 cover jumps around. Only, however, when plugged in to mains.To make it weirder, it STOPS jumping when I touch the BACK Aluminium casing with my hand still while plugged in. Peripheral usb mouse works.Bought returned. Only...
  6. Mouse Jumping to top left Corner of Screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Jumping to top left Corner of Screen?: So starting today and gradually getting worse as the day went randomly my pointer would jump to the top left corner of my main screen. (I have 3 connected screens) No matter what screen I was working on it would jump to the same spot on the screen. I've turned the mouse on...
  7. White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.: Hi, I recently purchased a new Dell laptop for my kid and put some Microsoft Family time limits on it. My son has kept on coming to me and showing me a white bar at the top left corner of the desktop. The bar will hide all of the apps until clicked on twice. One clicked on,...
  8. Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.: How do I find "Disable internal pointing devices when external USB" on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cursor-jumping-to-upper-left-corner/e064beb1-0ede-4e45-b512-6e381060b1d6
  9. pointer jumps to upper right corner

pointer jumps to upper right corner: My computer is a Surface Book 3 running the latest version of Windows 10. The pointer just started jumping to the upper right corner of the screen. It happens with the Arc Mouse or with the touch pad. If I disconnect the screen from the keyboard the mouse work fine, no...
  10. Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner

Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner: I have a Toshiba laptop and use external, wireless keyboard and mouse with larger monitor. Occasionally, the cursor jumps to the upper right hand corner and I'm stuck; it easily corrects by opening and closing the laptop lid -albeit a minor burr but a burr. I've recently...