Windows 10: Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.

Discus and support Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,I am currently experiencing an issue where when I press the CTRL key multiple times consecutively the mouse pointer is highlighted in a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ImRedHanded, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.

Hello,I am currently experiencing an issue where when I press the CTRL key multiple times consecutively the mouse pointer is highlighted in a small circle. I do not want this to happen ever. I understand that this is an option within 'Additional mouse options' that is toggled off by default. I have this option toggled off and the mouse pointer highlighting still occurs when the CTRL key is pressed consecutively. Is there a way I can fully disable this setting?Thank you!

:)

ImRedHanded, Oct 18, 2022

2. mouse pointer location reset with press of keys

whenever i press certain keys on the laptop the mouse pointer position would reset to top right. i have lenovo laptop. i then tried to disable the center red dot in the keyboard called trackpoint and it stopped resetting the pointer location. i now use
    an external mouse.

73013843-4b14-4f1b-a566-2e1f1e13eb3b, Oct 18, 2022
  3. Black spot under mouse pointer

Just a wild shot: you don't have the "Show location pointer when I press the CTRL key" enabled under mouse settings in the control panel do you? That's the only possible reason I could think of, but still unlikely.

Jimmy 2004, Oct 18, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.

mouse

Hi Ben,

If you're having difficulties locating the mouse pointer on your computer screen, you can use the Ctrl key to show the pointer location immediately. Kindly follow the steps below to enable this feature on your Windows 10:

• On the search box, type mouse and click Mouse in the list to open the
      Mouse Properties.
    • In the Mouse Properties dialog box, open Pointer Options.
    • Under Visibility, put a check mark on Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key, click
      Apply and select OK. Close the Mouse Properties and check the pointer. (Refer to the screenshot below.)

Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled. 17cd9c2b-29a6-4064-9424-46946211c166.png

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 18, 2022
Thema:

Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.

1. Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled. - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer location

2. Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key is not working anymore in Windows 10: I have three monitors so that feature is very useful to me. As I was trying to use it today, I realized it wasn't working. I checked and saw that the option was still enabled. I did disable it, apply and re-enabled it. The current options show "Display pointer trails" set to...
  3. Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.: Hello,I am currently experiencing an issue where when I press the CTRL key multiple times consecutively the mouse pointer is highlighted in a small circle. I do not want this to happen ever. I understand that this is an option within 'Additional mouse options' that is toggled...
  4. Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.

Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.: Hello,I am currently experiencing an issue where when I press the CTRL key multiple times consecutively the mouse pointer is highlighted in a small circle. I do not want this to happen ever. I understand that this is an option within 'Additional mouse options' that is toggled...
  5. Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL

Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL: I was playing a game when all of a sudden I started getting a white circle on my mouse pointer.I've searched this up and tried the solution but even when the option is turned off it stills does the same thing. I noticed when doing this a crescent moon pops at the bottom of...
  6. Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL: I was playing a game when all of a sudden I started getting a white circle on my mouse pointer.I've searched this up and tried the solution but even when the option is turned off it stills does the same thing. I noticed when doing this a crescent moon pops at the bottom of...
  7. circle around mouse pointer when i press Ctrl button. Why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    circle around mouse pointer when i press Ctrl button. Why?: When I press the control button, on windows 10, there is a circle around my mouse pointer. Why is that? Please email me at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, or at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Thanks!...
  8. Files of the "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key" location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files of the "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key" location: Where are the files for the 'show location of pointer when I press the ctrl key'? I am a tinkerer and want to change the files so it makes a different animation around the cursor, but I cannot because I don't know where the files where the information of the animation/images...
  9. mouse pointer location reset with press of keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse pointer location reset with press of keys: whenever i press certain keys on the laptop the mouse pointer position would reset to top right. i have lenovo laptop. i then tried to disable the center red dot in the keyboard called trackpoint and it stopped resetting the pointer location. i now use an external mouse....
  10. When "enable touchpad despite a mouse being present" is disabled, the touchpad disables...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When "enable touchpad despite a mouse being present" is disabled, the touchpad disables...: What the title says. It's an MSI GE65 Raider 9SF laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. I disabled this option so that a the touchpad is disabled when I have an USB mouse connected, but the thing is that it's disabled even when a mouse isn't present? I booted up my laptop today in...