Windows 10: Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

Discus and support Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Geomatrics1, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this.
    Can someone explain this to me?

:)

Geomatrics1, Jun 28, 2020

2. Mouse pointer moving on arrow keys pressed

I'm encountering a strange problem on my W10 computer, for a few days my arrow keys have been "driving" my mouse pointer. Pressing the left arrow key will move the pointer a few pixels left, etc.

The first thing that came to my mind was "oh well, I must have enabled Mouse Keys inadvertently". But Mouse Keys use the numpad and even then, it's not enabled. Rebooting doesn't help, but I've noticed it doesn't happen if the current window is ran as another user (Administrator) or if it's the Task Manager, which suggests the event filter that's catching the key press events is only active on my UID.

I've tried killing various processes but I'm running out of ideas. I'm fairly sure it's a dumb issue but it's been driving me nuts.

zdimension, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Mouse pointer moving on arrow keys pressed

Tried killing all running processes on my PC till the problem went away and I can now say for sure the culprit was...

Microsoft Paint

(classic Win32 one)

Apparently it's got a feature that allows moving the mouse pointer using arrow keys, and for some reason sometimes it doesn't stop listening when the window loses focus, so Paint was running in the background since I often use it and it was still doing its job of moving the mouse.

zdimension, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

Moving Mouse Pointer

I would like to move my mouse pointer to the top-center part of my primary display (of 3). Is there something that I can use to do that? There are various software packages that allow moving the mouse pointer to specific coordinates on the screen. But,
    what of when those are not known exactly? A logical quick calculation might be (0,
    median), where median is the approximate middle pixel (in the case of a width of 1,080 pixels, this would be between the 540th and 541st pixels.

WadsDeirder, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

1. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys? - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer moves

2. Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10: Been dealing with this for a few months now. Sometimes it'll be fine for a week or so, sometimes it'll be an all day thing, or somewhere in the middle. The best I can describe it is that it's like someone keeps pressing the right arrow key rapidly. If I single-click on an...
  3. Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10: Been dealing with this for a few months now. Sometimes it'll be fine for a week or so, sometimes it'll be an all day thing, or somewhere in the middle. The best I can describe it is that it's like someone keeps pressing the right arrow key rapidly. If I single-click on an...
  4. Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse arrow wont move

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse arrow wont move: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedditNerd360 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqmrgu/mouse_arrow_wont_move/
  6. My mouse pointer moves using arrow keys only when I am typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My mouse pointer moves using arrow keys only when I am typing: I don't know how this happened but now when I am typing in a text field and try to move my typing pointer the blinking line using arrow keys, my mouse pointer also moves along in that direction as if the accessibility controls to control mouse using arrow keys were enabled. I...
  7. the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys: the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys, yet the mouse control with the key pad is turned off. this is very inconvenient and I don't like it. how to fix it? again, the function to control the mouse with keys is turned OFF. this is awful. how do I fix it?...
  8. Mouse pointer moving erratically

Mouse pointer moving erratically: Hello: I have just installed Microsoft Precision mouse in a cleanly installed Windows 10, v 1909 with the help of a member of this forum (hsehestedt, thanks again). However, I now have a problem that I did not have in v 1803, namely, the pointer is stopping, then jumping...
  9. how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?: i don't want my mouse pointer to move with me tapping my arrow keys. it makes navigating the sites/games i usually play SUPER frustrating. i've been trying to find the option to turn it off but the only help articles i can find are about Mouse Keys, which ive never turned on...
  10. Moving Mouse Pointer

Moving Mouse Pointer: I would like to move my mouse pointer to the top-center part of my primary display (of 3). Is there something that I can use to do that? There are various software packages that allow moving the mouse pointer to specific coordinates on the screen. But, what of when those are...