Windows 10: Mouse pointer moving/shaking on its own (/without being touched)

Discus and support Mouse pointer moving/shaking on its own (/without being touched) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since this morning my mouse keeps suddenly jittering a few pixels at a time without me touching it. Even if I disconnect my mouse and disable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bas Pannekoek, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Mouse pointer moving/shaking on its own (/without being touched)

Since this morning my mouse keeps suddenly jittering a few pixels at a time without me touching it.
    Even if I disconnect my mouse and disable the touchpad this problem still occurs.
    I'm working on a MSI laptop running windows 10.

Things I've tried:
    Installing the latest windows update - No result
    Running windows 10 in save mode - No result
    Disconnecting mousepad using third party software (Touchpad Blocker) - No result
    Running multiple different anti virus scans - No result
    Unchecked "Enhance Pointer Precision" in the control pannel - No result
    Fantasizing about throwing my laptop out of the window from 2rd floor - No result
    Running the "Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter" from the control pannel - No result

Does anyone have suggestions about what other things I could try before completely reinstalling my laptop from scratch?

Could it be some hardware related issue with my laptop?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Bas Pannekoek, Aug 22, 2018

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Aug 22, 2018
  3. mouse pointer pausing as moving it around the screen

Hi Rohnda,

For us to better assist you with your mouse pointer issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?

To determine the version and OS build number of Windows, type winver
      on the search bar of Start menu.
    • What were the troubleshooting steps you've tried?

In the meantime, you can refer to this article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows to troubleshoot
    the issue with mouse pointer.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Mouse pointer moving/shaking on its own (/without being touched)

The combination of DX11, Mouse Pointer Trails and Fullscreen Games means no mouse cursor.

Hi,

For Mouse Pointer Trails, refer the steps below.

Step 1: Click the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, enter
    mouse in the blank box and tap Mouse in the search results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Choose Pointer Options, select
    Display pointer trails
    and hit OK.

Tip: To specify the length of pointer trails, you can move the
    small scale in Visibility to left or right.

Also for the mouse issue, I suggest you to download the latest drivers for mouse from the manufacturer's website and check. Install the drivers in compatible mode and check as well.

I suggest you to run the game in Direct X12 as this is the latest in Windows 10. Check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Mouse pointer moving/shaking on its own (/without being touched)

1. Mouse pointer moving/shaking on its own (/without being touched) - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer moving

2. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse moving on its own: Hello everyone. So my mouse is moving on its own and at first i thought it was the mouse itself or my mousepad but have concluded that they aren't the problem because normally when i turn on my pc it'll be fine and the mouse works like normal but sometimes out of nowhere it...
  3. Why does mouse pointer shake on touching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does mouse pointer shake on touching?: I use the touchpad of my laptop to navigate the cursor. Suddenly since few days, the mouse pointer has been acting weirdly, the mouse pointer shakes up and down sometimes. This happens even if I just touch, and my finger is still. I need help......
  4. Why does mouse pointer shake on touching?

Why does mouse pointer shake on touching?: I use the touchpad of my laptop to navigate the cursor. Suddenly since few days, the mouse pointer has been acting weirdly, the mouse pointer shakes up and down sometimes. This happens even if I just touch, and my finger is still. I need help......
  5. Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.: Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen. Windows 10 laptop. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-moves-on-its-own-slowly-across-the/90abd622-4408-4fef-8037-e8a0ae6492ba
  6. Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.

Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.: Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen. Windows 10 laptop. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-moves-on-its-own-slowly-across-the/90abd622-4408-4fef-8037-e8a0ae6492ba
  7. Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mouse pointer moves on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moves on its own: Hello,So I've upgraded to Windows 11. Everything was fine, but recently I had an issue. When I drag any window, there is a second cursor appearing on the screen that moves slowly in random directions. I have no control over whats happening - I cannot move the mouse or type...
  9. Mouse pointer moves on its own

Mouse pointer moves on its own: Hello,So I've upgraded to Windows 11. Everything was fine, but recently I had an issue. When I drag any window, there is a second cursor appearing on the screen that moves slowly in random directions. I have no control over whats happening - I cannot move the mouse or type...
  10. Mouse pointer moving/shaking on its own *SOLVED*

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer moving/shaking on its own *SOLVED*: Since this morning my mouse keeps suddenly jittering a few pixels at a time without me touching it. Even if I disconnect my mouse and disable the touchpad this problem still occurs. I'm working on a MSI laptop running windows 10. Things I've tried: Installing the latest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse shaking without touching it

2. mouse pointer shaking not being touched

3. my mouse shakes and moves without being touches