Windows 10: Mouse Pointer not Working

Discus and support Mouse Pointer not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Mouse pointer isn't working in outside windows environment it is showing nor responding my commands , for example in windows defender offline scan ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PankajSahu2, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Mouse Pointer not Working

Mouse pointer isn't working in outside windows environment it is showing nor responding my commands , for example in windows defender offline scan , bitdefender rescue mode , windows reinstall through flash drive or cd , kaspersky rescue mode , ubunto ,etc .but when I boot back to windows os it starts working & responding my commands.Please help me solve this issue

:)

PankajSahu2, Aug 12, 2021

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Mouse pointer 'None' scheme not working

Hello Raptor226,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

In regards to your concern, kindly help me with following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Is it a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

Driver incompatibility is one of the possible reasons why you're having issues with your mouse. Having said that, we recommend performing the methods below:

Method 1: Uninstall the mouse drivers from device manager.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run
      window.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in the run option and click
      OK.
    • Search for the mouse drivers and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if that helps you.

Method 2: If Method 1 doesn’t resolve the issue, you can install the latest mouse drivers from the manufacturer’s website for the mouse pointer to function.

Additional Information: You may go through the suggestions provided by
    Greg Carmack - MVP dated October 5, 2018 on
    Mouse pointer not working correctly after Windows 10 update to version 1809
    and also an article about

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows 10

Disclaimer: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Mouse Pointer not Working

Mouse pointer gone

Very concerning indeed. As a first step I would want to know how you are magnifying your mouse pointer. I assume you are going to Settings, Ease of Access, Mouse, and from there you are changing the pointer size.

I followed these steps and I was able to make my mouse pointer larger. So I know it works for some PCs. Just not yours.

Normally I suggest updated mouse drivers but in your case you already tried a different mouse so I would go in a different direction to troubleshoot your issue. First I would clean boot your PC. See if that step resolves your issue.

Clean boot your PC

How to perform a clean boot in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

The goal of this step is to see if some other software is running on your PC that conflicts with your mouse. If this step resolves the issue the goal is to try to find the software that is conflicting and disable it, remove it, or update it so it no longer
    conflicts. Don't forget to reverse the steps of the clean boot when you are done trying this step.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Mouse Pointer not Working

1. Mouse Pointer not Working - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointer Working

2. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  3. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer: My mouse pointer is ok with all apps except one "poker stars". When I click on a poker stars table, the mouse pointer becomes extremely tiny.I tried everything in windows 10 home edition adjusted mouse size and color, size stays same except for poker stars.I contacted...
  4. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how to fix mouse pointer from flickering and now i have 2 pointers one is stationary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/6b82e164-fb1e-4a42-93f7-73f039ef15f2
  5. Mouse pointer not showing but but working

Mouse pointer not showing but but working: While I usually sit on my laptop and it works fine, today I decided to play a game on my PC's I don't use bigger screen, using an HDMI cable. The monitor is a bit outdated but works fine. The game I am referring to is mouseaccuracy.com. The refresh rate of the monitor is 144,...
  6. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  7. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  8. Mouse pointer

Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  9. Mouse Pointer

Mouse Pointer: How can I change my pointer so that it faces to the right instead of the left (I am left handed and it looks funny to me that way). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/36228905-7b27-49a2-9c69-1822dc34bd0d
  10. Mouse pointer not working correctly

Mouse pointer not working correctly: No matter where I am on my screen with my mouse, when I click on something to open it my pointer returns to the top of the screen. Could someone please help? This is getting very frustrating...