Windows 10: Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

Discus and support Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every few days the mouse pointer on my Samsung SynchMaster S20B350H changes to what looks like an ancient scroll. I have to shut down and startup again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kp1555, May 17, 2022.

1. kp1555 Win User

Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

Every few days the mouse pointer on my Samsung SynchMaster S20B350H changes to what looks like an ancient scroll. I have to shut down and startup again for the pointer to revert to the Windows system default. The pointer on the laptop screen remains the same. I tried updating the mouse driver but the system says the latest driver is installed. Could it be an issue with the monitor itself? My laptop is a HP Probook 6475b - Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I scan my laptop regularly with Malwarebytes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

kp1555, May 17, 2022

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, May 17, 2022
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?)

Hi Amir,

Are you using an external mouse or the touch pad mouse? You can change the way how your mouse pointer looks by following these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Change your mouse settings and select the search result.
    2. On the window that would appear, click Additional mouse options.
    3. On the Pointers tab, under Scheme, click
      Windows Default (system scheme)
      on the drop-down menu.

Let me know if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, May 17, 2022
  4. ilianaoum Win User

Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

mouse pointer

Upgraded to Windows 10, from Windows7 Home. Have had no real issues except I want to change the mouse pointer. I make the changes, then apply it, the mouse pointer remains changed for a minute, then reverts to the previous mouse pointer I had when making
    the upgrade to Window 10.

Any suggestions?

ilianaoum, May 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer external

2. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  3. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen: Every few days the mouse pointer on my Samsung SynchMaster S20B350H changes to what looks like an ancient scroll. I have to shut down and startup again for the pointer to revert to the Windows system default. The pointer on the laptop screen remains the same. I tried updating...
  4. Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer on external monitor is different than the mouse pointer on the laptop screen: Every few days the mouse pointer on my Samsung SynchMaster S20B350H changes to what looks like an ancient scroll. I have to shut down and startup again for the pointer to revert to the Windows system default. The pointer on the laptop screen remains the same. I tried updating...
  5. Mouse pointer different on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse pointer different on dual monitors: Windows 10 with dual monitors in extended mode. Working fine until recently. The mouse pointer on the left display works fine, basic arrow pointer. When you move the mouse to the display on the right, the mouse pointer changes to the "blue circle" busy pointer which makes it...
  6. 2 screens - different sizes of the mouse pointer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 screens - different sizes of the mouse pointer?: I have 2 identical monitors with the same resolution connected to my laptop. Since my PC has only one HDMI output, I connected the 2nd monitor with a USB-HDMI adapter. So far, everything works fine, except that the mouse pointer is much larger on one screen. I use the...
  7. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  8. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  9. Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  10. Mouse Pointer

Mouse Pointer: How can I change my pointer so that it faces to the right instead of the left (I am left handed and it looks funny to me that way). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/36228905-7b27-49a2-9c69-1822dc34bd0d