Windows 10: Mouse pointer randomly moves on the screen

Discus and support Mouse pointer randomly moves on the screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse pad is making the mouse hard to hold steady. Or it randomly shoots in any direction. Also my touch screen is not working anymore?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoyceSword1, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Mouse pointer randomly moves on the screen

My mouse pad is making the mouse hard to hold steady. Or it randomly shoots in any direction.

Also my touch screen is not working anymore?

***Modified title Original: Mouse pad, touchscreen***

:)

JoyceSword1, Dec 10, 2018

2. Mouse cursor blinking randomly, moves to bottom left of screen on occasion.

I'm using Windows and suddenly my mouse pointer is blinking randomly. It also on occasion moves to the bottom left of my screen with strange circles near it and will not move at all then. The only thing I have done lately is click on and follow a message
    at the bottom right of my screen that something in Windows needs to be fixed, but that link did not ask me to make any changes and only led me to sign in to Microsoft.

EarlBradshaw, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Oulchura Win User
    Mouse pointer randomly stops

For quite awhile, I've been encountering a mouse pointer problem on my PC (Windows 10), and its driving me nuts *Mad because it never happened while I was on Windows 7.

The cursor occassionally or randomly stops moving when I move the mouse consistently.

Demonstration: https://i.imgur.com/03kbZJx.gifv

In the demonstration, I moved my mouse consistently towards right, but cursor stops moving at few instances while my mouse is still moving. To put this into what it feels like, it feels like something is pulling or stopping the cursor randomly, if cursor is stuck, it won't move if I move the mouse less than 2mm in all directions but it will move if I move the mouse greater than 2mm in all directions. Sometimes it happens more often and sometimes it happens less.

My mouse is Logitech G502, I believe my mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop (Same OS and Mouse driver) and it worked perfectly fine.

My mouse driver don't need update. (HID-compliant mouse, 10.0.10586.0)
    My GPU driver don't need update. (NVIDIA, 10.18.13.6519)
    I don't have Logitech Gaming Software installed.
    I tried different USB ports (2.0 or 3.0) and it makes no difference.
    The problem still happens in safe mode.
    Reinstalling Windows shall be my last resort.

Any suggestions?

Oulchura, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Mouse pointer randomly moves on the screen

mouse pointer pausing as moving it around the screen

Hi Rohnda,

For us to better assist you with your mouse pointer issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?

To determine the version and OS build number of Windows, type winver
      on the search bar of Start menu.
    • What were the troubleshooting steps you've tried?

In the meantime, you can refer to this article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows to troubleshoot
    the issue with mouse pointer.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Mouse pointer randomly moves on the screen

1. Mouse pointer randomly moves on the screen - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer randomly

2. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  3. Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.: Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen. Windows 10 laptop. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-moves-on-its-own-slowly-across-the/90abd622-4408-4fef-8037-e8a0ae6492ba
  4. Mouse pointer moves on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moves on its own: Hello,So I've upgraded to Windows 11. Everything was fine, but recently I had an issue. When I drag any window, there is a second cursor appearing on the screen that moves slowly in random directions. I have no control over whats happening - I cannot move the mouse or type...
  5. Mouse pointer moves on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer moves on its own: Hello,So I've upgraded to Windows 11. Everything was fine, but recently I had an issue. When I drag any window, there is a second cursor appearing on the screen that moves slowly in random directions. I have no control over whats happening - I cannot move the mouse or type...
  6. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  7. Mouse pointer moving erratically

Mouse pointer moving erratically: Hello: I have just installed Microsoft Precision mouse in a cleanly installed Windows 10, v 1909 with the help of a member of this forum (hsehestedt, thanks again). However, I now have a problem that I did not have in v 1803, namely, the pointer is stopping, then jumping...
  8. Mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen

Mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen: My mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen. Restarting the computer does not help. Even when the mouse is unplugged the pointer still moves. It moves to the left slowly but up quickly, almost instantly. I am on a desktop PC with no touchscreen...
  9. Moving Mouse Pointer

Moving Mouse Pointer: I would like to move my mouse pointer to the top-center part of my primary display (of 3). Is there something that I can use to do that? There are various software packages that allow moving the mouse pointer to specific coordinates on the screen. But, what of when those are...
  10. Mouse pointer randomly stops

Mouse pointer randomly stops: For quite awhile, I've been encountering a mouse pointer problem on my PC (Windows 10), and its driving me nuts *Mad because it never happened while I was on Windows 7. The cursor occassionally or randomly stops moving when I move the mouse consistently. Demonstration:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how mouse pointer moves on the computer screen