Windows 10: Mouse pointer related issue.

Discus and support Mouse pointer related issue. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello So this is my first time here, I believe my problem is not that big of an issue but it bothers me. So everytime I boot up my computer, my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Poh Yan Cheng, May 28, 2019.

1. Mouse pointer related issue.

Hello

So this is my first time here, I believe my problem is not that big of an issue but it bothers me. So everytime I boot up my computer, my mouse pointer would get reverted back to original, the problem is that I had my mouse pointers set to a custom pointers, and to change it to the way I want, I had to manually open my mouse settings and apply the custom pointer scheme I made.

If anyone is wondering, I have my mouse pointer set to the old Windows 98's blue mystery pointer. (Cursor doesn't show up in my own screenshots for some unknown reason.)

I hope to receive a help soon, and a big thanks to whoever can fix this issue.

:)

Poh Yan Cheng, May 28, 2019

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, May 28, 2019
  3. Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 28, 2019
  4. Mouse pointer related issue.

Mouse pointer gone

Very concerning indeed. As a first step I would want to know how you are magnifying your mouse pointer. I assume you are going to Settings, Ease of Access, Mouse, and from there you are changing the pointer size.

I followed these steps and I was able to make my mouse pointer larger. So I know it works for some PCs. Just not yours.

Normally I suggest updated mouse drivers but in your case you already tried a different mouse so I would go in a different direction to troubleshoot your issue. First I would clean boot your PC. See if that step resolves your issue.

Clean boot your PC

How to perform a clean boot in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

The goal of this step is to see if some other software is running on your PC that conflicts with your mouse. If this step resolves the issue the goal is to try to find the software that is conflicting and disable it, remove it, or update it so it no longer
    conflicts. Don't forget to reverse the steps of the clean boot when you are done trying this step.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Mouse pointer related issue.

1. Mouse pointer related issue. - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer related

2. Mouse pointer issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer issues: So my pc mouse does this thing where when I'm using it the mouse pointer freezes and stops working and then I have to choose my PC and reopen it then it works for a while and stops again.Please help because I cant do anything cause of the mouse and I'm not using a external...
  3. Mouse pointer issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer issues: So my pc mouse does this thing where when I'm using it the mouse pointer freezes and stops working and then I have to choose my PC and reopen it then it works for a while and stops again.Please help because I cant do anything cause of the mouse and I'm not using a external...
  4. Mouse pointer accuracy issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer accuracy issue: I am playing FPS games for a long time now. And through the years of playing I ground my aim, strafes and movements. And I achieved pretty good results and I had fun in-game. However, there was a time when I needed to clear buy a new SSD drive, and eventually, I reset the...
  5. Mouse pointer accuracy issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer accuracy issue: I am playing FPS games for a long time now. And through the years of playing I ground my aim, strafes and movements. And I achieved pretty good results and I had fun in-game. However, there was a time when I needed to clear buy a new SSD drive, and eventually, I reset the...
  6. Mouse pointer accuracy issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. mouse pointer issue

mouse pointer issue: while in a game on windows 10 the mouse pointer icon stays normal instead of changing to the in game pointer icon was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this all my games are in fullscreen...
  8. Mouse pointer issue

Mouse pointer issue: I have a bizarre issue with my pointer. Most of the time, it works fine. Few times per week the following happens: Everything looks normal but when I hover over something that should trigger a cursor image change, the cursor image remains the same. Worse than this is that...
  9. mouse and or pointer issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse and or pointer issues: Hello: I just recently purchased a refurbished DELL laptop that is running Windows 10, a couple of days ago I was on line when the pointer on the screen would start to move around by itself with no help from me and its been doing this ever since. I have tried re setting the...
  10. mouse pointer issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse pointer issue: Mouse pointer is automatically moving in the laptop. I have reinstalled the OS windows 10 but still facing the same issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-issue/8e8ae4f5-58a5-4465-88ab-ce741b6f247f