Windows 10: Mouse pointer schemes not sticking in Windows 1809

Discus and support Mouse pointer schemes not sticking in Windows 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've set my mouse scheme to standard/classic in mouse settings and have also modified the reg key to prevent theme changes (Allow or Prevent Themes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kol12, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

Mouse pointer schemes not sticking in Windows 1809

I've set my mouse scheme to standard/classic in mouse settings and have also modified the reg key to prevent theme changes (Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials) but still I'm getting the default spinning blue loading wheel instead of the classic mouse schemes hour glass. The rest of the mouse scheme seems to be working, it's just the loading wheel that's still on default. *Confused

:)

Kol12, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Kol12 Win User

Mouse pointer schemes.

I am trying to use the Windows standard mouse pointer scheme but it keeps getting reset to the Windows default scheme at random. *Huh

Mouse pointer schemes not sticking in Windows 1809 [​IMG]

Kol12, Oct 7, 2018
  3. mrmike Win User
    Mouse Pointer Sticking

Every 5/10 minutes, my mouse pointer keeps sticking, for around 1 second, then jumps to where it should have been. It's almost as if the pointer isn't actually sticking but the screen isn't updating. This started happening after upgrading to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

mrmike, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Fife Win User

Problems with mouse pointer scheme

I recently upgraded to windows 10 which went well except my pointer "hid" behind popups.
    Everything worked, if my pointer went over a selection it would highlight the selection and I could select with no problem, I just couldn't see my pointer. I was using a custom pointer scheme so I thought it might be that.
    Today I reinstalled the same pointer scheme but it didn't show the same on screen but it was infront of the popups.
    After about 30min it reverted back to looking like it used to but it reverted to hiding behind popups again.
    I installed a new pointer scheme which worked and didn't hide but after 30 min it reverted back to the old scheme and hid again.
    I know this sounds petty but it is frustrating.
    Any suggestions?

Fife, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer schemes not sticking in Windows 1809 - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer schemes

2. mouse pointer sticks to right side of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse pointer sticks to right side of screen: this is on my kid's desktop machine, running windows 10. She has tried the following: Rebooting multiple times, at least 5 Updating drivers multiple times, at least 4 tried different mouse devices, both cabled USB and wireless and in different ports unchecking the box for...
  3. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  4. Mouse pointer

Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  5. How to change Mouse pointer and cursor size, color & scheme on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Mouse pointer and cursor size, color & scheme on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The mouse pointer and cursor in Windows 10 are very important aspects of the operating system. This can be said for other operating systems as well, so in truth, they are not unique to Windows. Many users of the popular [...] This post How to change Mouse...
  6. Mouse pointer 'None' scheme not working

Mouse pointer 'None' scheme not working: I prefer the 'None' pointer scheme, but after the latest version update I can't reset it The scheme looks like this: [ATTACH] Hitting 'Apply' doesn't actually change it. My mouse is stuck with the Windows default scheme. Any other scheme like Inverse or Magnified works just...
  7. Mouse pointer schemes.

Mouse pointer schemes.: I am trying to use the Windows standard mouse pointer scheme but it keeps getting reset to the Windows default scheme at random. *Huh [img] 110011
  8. How can I change mouse pointer schemes from the command line?

How can I change mouse pointer schemes from the command line?: The default mouse pointer scheme is just to darn small in Windows 10, at least on my Dell Inspiron. So I change it via the control panel, but some games won't work when the scheme is changed, so I'd like to be able to switch back and forth from the command line and create a...
  9. Mouse Pointer Sticking

Mouse Pointer Sticking: Every 5/10 minutes, my mouse pointer keeps sticking, for around 1 second, then jumps to where it should have been. It's almost as if the pointer isn't actually sticking but the screen isn't updating. This started happening after upgrading to Windows 10. Any suggestions?...
  10. Problems with mouse pointer scheme

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with mouse pointer scheme: I recently upgraded to windows 10 which went well except my pointer "hid" behind popups. Everything worked, if my pointer went over a selection it would highlight the selection and I could select with no problem, I just couldn't see my pointer. I was using a custom pointer...