Windows 10: Mouse pointer shows in fullscreen gaming when it shouldn't

Discus and support Mouse pointer shows in fullscreen gaming when it shouldn't in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I launch a game (any game) my mouse works fine just as its supposed to. It changes to the games default mouse and everything runs fine until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IceBlast410, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Mouse pointer shows in fullscreen gaming when it shouldn't

Whenever I launch a game (any game) my mouse works fine just as its supposed to. It changes to the games default mouse and everything runs fine until I move it into the middle-rightmost area of the screen. When it goes there it changes from the games mouse to the default Windows mouse. I really need it fixed because it prevents me from clicking in-game buttons on that specific area of the screen, which is very annoying.

I've also tested it on multiple mouses, and I'm pretty sure its a fullscreen issue rather than a mouse problem.

(Windows 10)

:)

IceBlast410, Dec 26, 2018

2. The combination of DX11, Mouse Pointer Trails and Fullscreen Games means no mouse cursor.

Hi,

For Mouse Pointer Trails, refer the steps below.

Step 1: Click the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, enter
    mouse in the blank box and tap Mouse in the search results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Choose Pointer Options, select
    Display pointer trails
    and hit OK.

Tip: To specify the length of pointer trails, you can move the
    small scale in Visibility to left or right.

Also for the mouse issue, I suggest you to download the latest drivers for mouse from the manufacturer's website and check. Install the drivers in compatible mode and check as well.

I suggest you to run the game in Direct X12 as this is the latest in Windows 10. Check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 26, 2018
  3. GUYS, MOUSE POINTER/CURSOR NOT SHOWING UP IN FULL SCREEN GAMES, TRIED UNCHECKING POINTER TRAILS AND ENHANCE POINTER PRECISION NONE WORK!!

As the subject suggests, I have problems with all kinds of full screen games... my cursor/pointer won't show up even when I already followed the solutions such as unchecking pointer trails or the uncheck enhance mouse pointer precision thing. STILL NO cursor/pointer
    showing up. BUT when I play DOTA 2 and League of Legends, THE POINTER SHOWS UP AND I PLAY THESE 2 IN FULLSCREEN TOO. Tried reinstalling the other games cause I thought it's installation problem thingy, not solved, tried restoring my pc to FACTORY SETTING and
    it's still NOT SOLVED!!!! IS THIS A POSSIBLE BUG FROM WINDOWS 10? PLS HELP ME!!

WilliamGunawan, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Mouse pointer shows in fullscreen gaming when it shouldn't

Mouse not showing in fullscreen games

I've tried these

Method 1:

I would suggest you to disable it and check for the results. Follow the steps to do so:

• Press Windows and X keys together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Mouse.
    • Navigate to pointer options tab.
    • Under Visibility, uncheck the box which says “display pointer trails”.
    • Click on OK to close the window.
    Check if you find the same issue. If yes, move to the next method.

Method 2:

Follow the steps below to change the display text size to 100 % and check if it resolves the issue:

• Right Click on the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click on Display.
    • Check the box that says “let me choose one scaling level for all my display”. Choose Smaller (100%)-default.
    • Click on Apply. Restart the game and check if the point becomes invisible again.
    Please let us know the status of this issue.

but none of them work

i dont want to reset my pc

any help?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

minerguy6gray, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Mouse pointer shows in fullscreen gaming when it shouldn't

1. Mouse pointer shows in fullscreen gaming when it shouldn't - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer shows

2. Mouse Pointer Disappearing When I Start a Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Disappearing When I Start a Game: I got 2 monitors and when i started WWE 2K19, my mouse pointer disappeared. I moved my mouse towards free the monitor but it wasn't appearing. Please help....
  3. Mouse Pointer Disappearing When I Start a Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer Disappearing When I Start a Game: I got 2 monitors and when i started WWE 2K19, my mouse pointer disappeared. I moved my mouse towards free the monitor but it wasn't appearing. Please help....
  4. Mouse pointer appears in middle of screen when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer appears in middle of screen when gaming.: When I start Escape From Tarkov it works as expected. But at a random time, some times after 10 minutes and sometimes after 4h of gaming, the Windows mouse cursor appears in the middle of the screen. When I am in an interface that uses the mouse, it is gone, but if no mouse...
  5. Mouse pointer appears in middle of screen when gaming.

Mouse pointer appears in middle of screen when gaming.: When I start Escape From Tarkov it works as expected. But at a random time, some times after 10 minutes and sometimes after 4h of gaming, the Windows mouse cursor appears in the middle of the screen. When I am in an interface that uses the mouse, it is gone, but if no mouse...
  6. Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game: Hi!I've been playing a lot of the game, "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", however, whenever I hit the windows key to go to the taskbar, which it should normally show the taskbar, for some reason, the taskbar is hidden? I can still use it, it's just invisible, if someone could...
  7. Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game

Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game: Hi!I've been playing a lot of the game, "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", however, whenever I hit the windows key to go to the taskbar, which it should normally show the taskbar, for some reason, the taskbar is hidden? I can still use it, it's just invisible, if someone could...
  8. Mouse pointer not showing but but working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer not showing but but working: While I usually sit on my laptop and it works fine, today I decided to play a game on my PC's I don't use bigger screen, using an HDMI cable. The monitor is a bit outdated but works fine. The game I am referring to is mouseaccuracy.com. The refresh rate of the monitor is 144,...
  9. Mouse Pointer Not Showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer Not Showing: I have a touch screen laptop. After I touch the screen, my mouse pointer won't work on that screen any longer. I want to be able to use both the touch screen and the mouse. How can I do that?...
  10. Mouse Pointer Showing When in Power Save Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Pointer Showing When in Power Save Mode: Windows 10 Home (1607) For a couple of weeks now, when my notebook goes into power save mode (or I put it there), the mouse pointer still shows. I can't move it, but it shows in the last position it was before the screen turned off. I've played around with all power and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fullscreen mouse cursor shows up when i turn in a game

2. Mouse cursor appears in full screen mode in games windows 10

3. mouse cursor shows when gaming

4. pointer shows online,
  5. mouse shows when gaming