Windows 10: mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings

Discus and support mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, When I adjust the mouse pointer speed in the control panel it doesn't actually change the speed and remains on default. I have pressed "OK" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Angela_229, Dec 18, 2018.

1. mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings

Hi,

When I adjust the mouse pointer speed in the control panel it doesn't actually change the speed and remains on default. I have pressed "OK" and "Apply" and have tried numerous times with the fastest and the slowest setting and nothing seems to work. I just got this laptop (Dell XPS 13 9360) so could it be an issue with the laptop itself? How do I go about fixing this problem?

Thanks,

Angela

:)

Angela_229, Dec 18, 2018

2. Mouse speed and precision slow

Hi,

As per the info provided, I understand that you are facing an issue with the speed in which the mouse pointer moves in your display screen. If this is the scenario, I would like to inform that the above has no connection with your resolution.

To begin with, I would like to know which mouse settings did you change to gain the desired outcome?

To adjust the pointer speed, I suggest that you perform the steps below:

1. Open Control Panel and navigate to Mouse.

2. Here click the Pointer Option tab, under Motion
    adjust the pointer speed accordingly.

3. Click on Apply and OK

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 18, 2018
  4. mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings

Change Pointer Color

Hello pmw0813

Please follow these methods

Method 1

Change them in PC settings.

Step 1: Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3: Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Method 2

Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Method 3

Change size and color of Mouse Pointer in Control Panel.

Step 1: Open Control Panel.

Step 2: Enter Ease of Access.

Step 3: Tap Change how your mouse works.

Step 4: Choose new mouse pointer in the options provided, and tap OK.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings

1. mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings - Similar Threads - mouse pointer speed

2. Mouse pointer settings help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer settings help: Hi everyone, so I have a random question. I've been messing around a bit with how my mouse looks and I like it, but there's one catch. I want to change the Link Select cursor to the same cursor as the Normal Select. And I was able to do that, but there's an issue that I'm not...
  3. Mouse pointer settings help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer settings help: Hi everyone, so I have a random question. I've been messing around a bit with how my mouse looks and I like it, but there's one catch. I want to change the Link Select cursor to the same cursor as the Normal Select. And I was able to do that, but there's an issue that I'm not...
  4. Mouse pointer speed will not save after being changed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer speed will not save after being changed.: Hi and see if anyone can help. The pointer speed on my mouse is too slow for me. I know how to change it but windows doesn't save the changes. Its driving me mad. Control panel / Mouse / Pointer options. / I move the slider to faster / Apply / ..............up to this...
  5. mouse pointer speed

mouse pointer speed: I had the perfect mouse pointer speed yesterday but when I got on my computer today it was very slow. I raised it to the fastest speed and it is still too slow. what did ya'll do and what needs to be done to fix this?...
  6. How much does the pointer speed setting scale the speed by in windows 10?

How much does the pointer speed setting scale the speed by in windows 10?: Hello, I need to know how exactly the pointer speed slider setting works. According to this website: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html, it scales the mouse dpi by the following values depending on your setting: 0.03125...
  7. Mouse pointer speed problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer speed problem: Hi, I'm having a problem with my mouse pointer speed which keep on changing everytime i turn on my laptop p.s im using a wireless 2.4GHz mouse Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-speed-problem/cdc78563-43f2-47a4-a568-be7c61c97d0b
  8. Adjust mouse scroll speed WITHOUT settings app via script?

Adjust mouse scroll speed WITHOUT settings app via script?: To my knowledge the mouse scroll speed is stored in the registry. At [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] are 2 options "WheelScrollChars" and "WheelScrollLines". Changing either does not influence the settings which can be found in "System Settings"->"Mouse...
  9. Adjust mouse scroll speed outside of settings app?

Adjust mouse scroll speed outside of settings app?: To my knowledge the mouse scroll speed is stored in the registry. At [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] are 2 options "WheelScrollChars" and "WheelScrollLines". Changing either does not influence the settings which can be found in "System Settings"->"Mouse...
  10. Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically

Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically: I'm well aware of the pointer speed setting under Mouse Options in the Control Panel (interesting point about that later), but it's not something I had messed with, and isn't something I could have accidentally messed with this morning. Nevertheless, my pointer speed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. komoz 1906 mouse settings app

2. mouse and pointer settings

3. mounsepointer not speeding up

4. pointer speed does not adjust,
  5. mouse speed for pointe r not working,
  6. pointer speed settinga,
  7. cant slow mouse pointer speed in settings,
  8. windows 10 mouse properties pointer options speed setting not saved.,
  9. mouse pointer speed not adjusting,
  10. pointer speed has to be changed everytime i start computer,
  11. mouse speed will not adjust,