Windows 10: Mouse pointer speed will not save after being changed.

Discus and support Mouse pointer speed will not save after being changed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi and see if anyone can help. The pointer speed on my mouse is too slow for me. I know how to change it but windows doesn't save the changes. Its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Natalius, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Natalius Win User

Mouse pointer speed will not save after being changed.

Hi and see if anyone can help.

The pointer speed on my mouse is too slow for me. I know how to change it but windows doesn't save the changes. Its driving me mad.

Control panel / Mouse / Pointer options. / I move the slider to faster / Apply / ..............up to this point its perfect , the mouse speeds up.

As soon as I click OK it reverts back to how it was.

My mouse is a logitech M705 wilerless mouse.

Please someone show me how to fix this.

Thanks,

Nat.

:)

Natalius, Jul 26, 2020

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Mouse speed and precision slow

Hi,

As per the info provided, I understand that you are facing an issue with the speed in which the mouse pointer moves in your display screen. If this is the scenario, I would like to inform that the above has no connection with your resolution.

To begin with, I would like to know which mouse settings did you change to gain the desired outcome?

To adjust the pointer speed, I suggest that you perform the steps below:

1. Open Control Panel and navigate to Mouse.

2. Here click the Pointer Option tab, under Motion
    adjust the pointer speed accordingly.

3. Click on Apply and OK

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Mouse pointer speed will not save after being changed.

Change Pointer Color

Hello pmw0813

Please follow these methods

Method 1

Change them in PC settings.

Step 1: Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3: Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Method 2

Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Method 3

Change size and color of Mouse Pointer in Control Panel.

Step 1: Open Control Panel.

Step 2: Enter Ease of Access.

Step 3: Tap Change how your mouse works.

Step 4: Choose new mouse pointer in the options provided, and tap OK.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Mouse pointer speed will not save after being changed.

1. Mouse pointer speed will not save after being changed. - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer speed

2. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  3. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  4. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse Pointer Won't Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Won't Change: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  6. Mouse Pointer color change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer color change: Hi Team , While using magnifier , mouse pointer color is changing green to white when something trying to install . This issue started after the KB5011487 update . If magnifier is not opened and there is no issue while installing . Its something odd and this issue is over all...
  7. mouse pointer speed

mouse pointer speed: I had the perfect mouse pointer speed yesterday but when I got on my computer today it was very slow. I raised it to the fastest speed and it is still too slow. what did ya'll do and what needs to be done to fix this?...
  8. Mouse pointer speed problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer speed problem: Hi, I'm having a problem with my mouse pointer speed which keep on changing everytime i turn on my laptop p.s im using a wireless 2.4GHz mouse Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-speed-problem/cdc78563-43f2-47a4-a568-be7c61c97d0b
  9. mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings

mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings: Hi, When I adjust the mouse pointer speed in the control panel it doesn't actually change the speed and remains on default. I have pressed "OK" and "Apply" and have tried numerous times with the fastest and the slowest setting and nothing seems to work. I just got this...
  10. Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically

Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically: I'm well aware of the pointer speed setting under Mouse Options in the Control Panel (interesting point about that later), but it's not something I had messed with, and isn't something I could have accidentally messed with this morning. Nevertheless, my pointer speed...