Windows 10: Mouse pointer stuck and high cpu load, new system. Why?

Discus and support Mouse pointer stuck and high cpu load, new system. Why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I'm writing here 'cause I'm almost desperate... My friend's pc "AllInOne" Asus ET2020AUKK in practically unusable: in every situation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BruneWayce, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Mouse pointer stuck and high cpu load, new system. Why?

Hello everybody,
    I'm writing here 'cause I'm almost desperate...
    My friend's pc "AllInOne" Asus ET2020AUKK in practically unusable: in every situation (also just after the boot), also just moving the mouse, the pointer is not moving smoothly but it gets stuck and then suddenly jumps a part of the screen... It has been like this since long time, and the problem has not been solved even with the last updates. I've execute scans for virus or malware, but without success.
    I was thinking it was caused by the original old HD: now I have replaced it with a SSD and I have done a clean installation of Win10 1909, with all the suggested updates. I've not installed anything, the system is still "vanilla", but the problem is still there!!!

If I look at the system monitor I see that the CPU load is always too high: with only the system monitor active it is about 15%, with momentary peaks at 50%. The process at the top of the list is "System". The graphic shape of the load is like a "saw tooth", with the various peaks at at the value of about 15% and spaced about 1.5/2 seconds.

The weird (for me...) thing is that if I start the system in "Safe mode", the problem disappear and all is very smooth.

I've also tried to disable some hardware in the bios (ethernet, wireless and sound cards), but without success.

Has anyone any idea about what is the problem, or at least what can I do to find the cause?

Thank you everyone in advance,
    bye!
    B.

:)

BruneWayce, Apr 6, 2020

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?)

Hi Amir,

Are you using an external mouse or the touch pad mouse? You can change the way how your mouse pointer looks by following these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Change your mouse settings and select the search result.
    2. On the window that would appear, click Additional mouse options.
    3. On the Pointers tab, under Scheme, click
      Windows Default (system scheme)
      on the drop-down menu.

Let me know if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Mouse pointer stuck and high cpu load, new system. Why?

pointer size

Hi,

Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3:Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Way 2: Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Hope it works

Thank you

vanshitavanshita, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Mouse pointer stuck and high cpu load, new system. Why?

1. Mouse pointer stuck and high cpu load, new system. Why? - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer stuck

2. Mouse pointer stuck at the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer stuck at the top of the screen: My laptop's trackpad sometimes behaves irregularly, sometimes when turning on from hibernation mode the trackpad stops working and the pointer gets stuck at the top of the screen. A restart fixes this problem, this issue really bugs me because I lose all my work from the...
  3. Mouse pointer stuck at the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer stuck at the top of the screen: My laptop's trackpad sometimes behaves irregularly, sometimes when turning on from hibernation mode the trackpad stops working and the pointer gets stuck at the top of the screen. A restart fixes this problem, this issue really bugs me because I lose all my work from the...
  4. Mouse pointer stuck at the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Taskhostw.exe - High CPU Load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskhostw.exe - High CPU Load: Hi Guys, I have had this issue in the past but it seemed to correct itself for a few weeks but now it has returned. My machine has suddenly started running really slowly and it seems to be due to Taskhostw.exe. Here is a screenshot of the Windows Performance Monitor:...
  6. High CPU load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU load: Whilst I was playing warzone I noticed my CPU was at 100%. I then went onto Fortnite to see if it was just warzone and my CPU was still at 100%. I then ran a Performance Monitor and It says that my CPU has a busy status and that its High CPU load. Does anyone know whats wrong...
  7. High CPU usage by "System"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage by "System": Hi. I am experiencing this problem - my cpu is running at high percentage and the biggest contributor to that is a "System" process in the task manager. Goes up to about 40%. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks submitted by /u/Vlatot [link] [comments]...
  8. High cpu load.

in Windows 10 Customization
    High cpu load.: I've noticed that when I play games that the there is a program call window device audio graph isolation that takes up large percentages of my CPU. I've done some research and have found that it was related to the audio enhancements. My problem is that there is no way for me...
  9. Mouse pointer is blinking and loading continiously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer is blinking and loading continiously: I am using windows 10 on my laptop.But when I start my laptop its pointer is blinking .After pressing F5 it stops,but after sometime it again starts blinking with a loading blue circle....
  10. Service Host: Local System - High CPU Load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service Host: Local System - High CPU Load: Hello, I've got this high CPU load issue since updating my Windows 10 to 1803. Actually, CPU load isn't too high (about 20%), but it resulted in overclocked CPU speed, heat, and noisy fan. I have tried to stop the Update Orchestrator and Windows Update Service, but it...