Windows 10: Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

Discus and support Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was configuring my new LG Gram 17” laptop with Windows10 and somehow I changed the mouse black arrow to a hand when approaching an item the arrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NicolasForwood, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

I was configuring my new LG Gram 17” laptop with Windows10 and somehow I changed the mouse black arrow to a hand when approaching an item the arrow turns to a hand. I’m quite comfortable working with the Settings or Control panel and I have tried everything I can think off without a success. I can change the arrow to black/white, the cursor thickness, blink rate, speed etc. but I can’t find how to get the pointer back to only an Arrow. Any help?Thanks

:)

NicolasForwood, Nov 11, 2021

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 11, 2021
  3. Left-handed Mouse Pointers Revert to Windows Default on Next Bootup

My Y500 was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. All was well for a year or two. Currently i'm on Windows 10 v.1803 (not sure of the "build" number). I use left-handed mouse pointers which i added to the Cursors folder some time ago. The large left-handed pointers are saved as the default Scheme. Recently, whenever i boot up the Y500, the mouse pointers revert to small right-handed pointers. In the Mouse Properties/Pointers dialog box it still says the Large Left-handed Scheme is selected, and it shows the large left-handed pointers in the Customize window below the Scheme name. BUT, the actual mouse pointers have reverted to small right-handed ones.

I select a different Scheme, click on Apply; then select the Large Left-handed Scheme again, and click on Apply/OK. The large left-handed pointers are all there until the next time i turn on the laptop, at which time they revert to small right-handed pointers.

How can i fix this annoying little problem, please?

starvinmarvin, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

Hand symbol mouse pointer is not working in Windows 10 Platform.

When ever we hover a mouse over a menu, we used to get a Hand Symbol mouse pointer in IE 11 & Mozilla Firefox browser on Windows 8 platform. Where as now, in Windows 10 platform we are not getting the hand symbol mouse pointer in both IE11 (ver 11.7) & Mozilla
    Firefox.(Ver 48).

Is Hand symbol mouse pointer is not supported in windows 10 Platform ? or do we need to update the drivers for mouse pointers ?

Can some one please tell us how to enable the hand symbol mouse pointer in Windows 10 platform.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PraveenKumar_898, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

1. Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointer Turned

2. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  3. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  4. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disable mouse pointer loading animation spinning circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable mouse pointer loading animation spinning circle: Good day,I am having trouble for many months now because there is no option to turn off the loading animation. It has been distracting and affecting work performance for years. Any help? Thanks....
  6. Disable mouse pointer loading animation spinning circle

Disable mouse pointer loading animation spinning circle: Good day,I am having trouble for many months now because there is no option to turn off the loading animation. It has been distracting and affecting work performance for years. Any help? Thanks....
  7. Left handed pointers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left handed pointers: I know the world is designed specifically for right handers, and therefore making life more difficult for left handers but is there any chance we could get something as simple as left handed pointers in windows 10. Or with a view to walking a mile in another person's shoes...
  8. Left handed pointers

Left handed pointers: I know the world is designed specifically for right handers, and therefore making life more difficult for left handers but is there any chance we could get something as simple as left handed pointers in windows 10. Or with a view to walking a mile in another person's shoes...
  9. Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand: I was configuring my new LG Gram 17” laptop with Windows10 and somehow I changed the mouse black arrow to a hand when approaching an item the arrow turns to a hand. I’m quite comfortable working with the Settings or Control panel and I have tried everything I can think off...
  10. Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand: I was configuring my new LG Gram 17” laptop with Windows10 and somehow I changed the mouse black arrow to a hand when approaching an item the arrow turns to a hand. I’m quite comfortable working with the Settings or Control panel and I have tried everything I can think off...