Windows 10: mouse pointers - I want arrow without pointing finger hand!!

Discus and support mouse pointers - I want arrow without pointing finger hand!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am irritated by the pointing finger hand on my mouse - I cannot find an option?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LINDI GROSS, Sep 20, 2021.

1. mouse pointers - I want arrow without pointing finger hand!!

I am irritated by the pointing finger hand on my mouse - I cannot find an option?

:)

LINDI GROSS, Sep 20, 2021

2. Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger

On Lenovo Flex laptop, in Windows, my mousepad pointer changes from an arrow to a pointing finger when I hover over a link or button. Nothing will open. How do I change it back?

ewallace100, Sep 20, 2021
  3. I.Torres Win User
    Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger

Hello, thanks to contact the Microsoft Community. My name is Israel Torres, I am an Independent Advisor.

Revise if you have this configuration:

Push the Windows Key, type Change the mouse pointer display or speed into the Windows search box, and press Enter.

In Windows 8, typing anywhere on the Start Screen brings up the search box automatically.

In the Mouse Properties window that appears, click the Pointers tab.

On the Pointers tab (shown below), select the mouse cursor you want to change in the Customize section. For instance, the cursor you see normally is the Normal Select pointer, and the spinning cursor you see while your computer is working is the Busy pointer.

After you've made your selection, click Browse.

Windows Mouse Properties - change single pointer

Clicking the Browse button brings up a list of every cursor installed on your hard drive. Select a cursor from the list and then click Open.

Mouse cursor select screen

After selecting a replacement mouse cursor, you should see it change in the Mouse Properties window. In the image below, you can see that we've changed the Normal Select cursor.

Newly selected mouse cursor

Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.

[Moderator Edit: Content copied and pasted from this site:
    https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000880.htm]

I.Torres, Sep 20, 2021
  4. mouse pointers - I want arrow without pointing finger hand!!

My cursor pointer changes to hand

Hello, this is a new laptop, and I have not yet hooked it up with a mouse. In fact I do not get an arrow at all anywhere. Just the straight cursor and the finger-pointing hand.

kahill1918, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

mouse pointers - I want arrow without pointing finger hand!!

1. mouse pointers - I want arrow without pointing finger hand!! - Similar Threads - mouse pointers arrow

2. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  3. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  4. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Left handed pointers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left handed pointers: I know the world is designed specifically for right handers, and therefore making life more difficult for left handers but is there any chance we could get something as simple as left handed pointers in windows 10. Or with a view to walking a mile in another person's shoes...
  6. Left handed pointers

Left handed pointers: I know the world is designed specifically for right handers, and therefore making life more difficult for left handers but is there any chance we could get something as simple as left handed pointers in windows 10. Or with a view to walking a mile in another person's shoes...
  7. Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand: I was configuring my new LG Gram 17” laptop with Windows10 and somehow I changed the mouse black arrow to a hand when approaching an item the arrow turns to a hand. I’m quite comfortable working with the Settings or Control panel and I have tried everything I can think off...
  8. Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand: I was configuring my new LG Gram 17” laptop with Windows10 and somehow I changed the mouse black arrow to a hand when approaching an item the arrow turns to a hand. I’m quite comfortable working with the Settings or Control panel and I have tried everything I can think off...
  9. Mouse Pointer Turned to an Animated Hand

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger: On Lenovo Flex laptop, in Windows, my mousepad pointer changes from an arrow to a pointing finger when I hover over a link or button. Nothing will open. How do I change it back?...