Windows 10: Mouse Pointers Keep Changing to HUGE When Hovering at Edge of Window

Discus and support Mouse Pointers Keep Changing to HUGE When Hovering at Edge of Window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've built two Windows 10 Pro PCs in the past month. Both had this problem, but the first one seems to be cured. The problem is that the cursor that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M A Weiss, Jan 31, 2019.

1. M A Weiss Win User

Mouse Pointers Keep Changing to HUGE When Hovering at Edge of Window

I've built two Windows 10 Pro PCs in the past month. Both had this problem, but the first one seems to be cured.

The problem is that the cursor that normally changes to a two-headed arrow when the pointer is at the edge of a re sizable window, gets replaced with the largest cursor Windows has. The cursor is normal small size when it's not near the edge of a window.

I've gone into Mouse properties and changed to "high precision" and saved and closed that, and it corrects the 'huge arrow' problem for a while. Then minutes or hours later, it's back. When I go back to Mouse Properties, the high precision box is unticked again.

My research only turned up that synchronization can cause this, but this workstation PC is not connected to any network or internet and it keeps doing this.

My other Windows PC had this problem for the first week and then it mysteriously went away.

My daughter has a new PC with Windows 10 Home on it and it does not have the problem.

All three PCs use the Wacom Intuos tablet and the same driver version.

Can't understand why this cursor problem only persists on a dual Xeon machine, but settled down on an i7 machine.

:)

M A Weiss, Jan 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pointer Hovering

Thanks for the feedback, Mike. To turn off the pointer or mouse hovering on your laptop, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type in Mouse.
    • Click Mouse and Touchpad settings in the search result.
    • Turn off the Mouse Hover Switch.

You may also look for Tap to Click and have it turned off. Here's how:

• In Cortana search, type in Mouse.
    • Click Mouse and Touchpad settings in the search result.
    • Click Additional Mouse Options and select the Thinkpad tab.
    • Click Settings.
    • Under the General tab, uncheck Tap to Click option.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 31, 2019
  3. mouse pointer hover windows 10

how do i turn off selection by hovering the mouse pointer?

GeorgeChandler, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Mouse Pointers Keep Changing to HUGE When Hovering at Edge of Window

Windows 10 Pointer Hovering

Thank you for the update, Mike. Let's look into the additional mouse options this time. Please navigate to
    Settings > Devices > Mouse > Additional mouse options. Click the
    Pointer tab and make sure the Scheme is set to Windows Default (system scheme), and under
    Customize, Normal Select is selected. Verify also the settings under the
    Pointer Option tab.

If everything is set to default and the pointer still hovering, then I suggest that you submit this issue in our Feedback Hub. Check out the link

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
    for the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Mouse Pointers Keep Changing to HUGE When Hovering at Edge of Window

1. Mouse Pointers Keep Changing to HUGE When Hovering at Edge of Window - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointers Keep

2. Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11: Recently my mouse pointer has started to show the Text Select I-beam icon when hovering the mouse over anything on the Taskbar. The mouse pointer is an arrow anywhere else on the screen. I can't find a setting that controls how the mouse pointer looks when hovering over the...
  3. Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer changes to Text Select when hovering over task bar in Windows 11: Recently my mouse pointer has started to show the Text Select I-beam icon when hovering the mouse over anything on the Taskbar. The mouse pointer is an arrow anywhere else on the screen. I can't find a setting that controls how the mouse pointer looks when hovering over the...
  4. Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC: I'm repurposing a Windows 10 PC from an old user to a new user. The old user's profile was deleted, and a new one was created for the new user. I don't know what the old user did, but when hovering the mouse pointer over a link, it becomes a large finger pointing hand. I...
  5. Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC: I'm repurposing a Windows 10 PC from an old user to a new user. The old user's profile was deleted, and a new one was created for the new user. I don't know what the old user did, but when hovering the mouse pointer over a link, it becomes a large finger pointing hand. I...
  6. Mouse pointer becomes large on hover on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer does not change to resize or hyperlink when hovering over edges of windows or...: New Dell Latitude laptop, same problem with a variety of mice tried - wired & wireless. When trying to hover over the edge/corner of a window to resize the point "jumps" several mm right and up. If I click in just the right place the resize pointed appears while I'm holding...
  8. Mouse pointer keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer keeps disappearing: I'm not sure what button is getting pushed or if I'm doing something wrong, but every so often with no warning or intent on my part, the mouse pointer disappears. It takes forever to get to settings to reset it because I can't see where it is. Is there a way to lock my...
  9. How to stop mouse pointer from becoming huge when dragging a window?

How to stop mouse pointer from becoming huge when dragging a window?: How can I stop mouse pointer from becoming huge when dragging a window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-mouse-pointer-from-becoming-huge-when/cfe84f83-08fb-46d6-a50b-976782c017a4
  10. Color Changes to mouse hover

Color Changes to mouse hover: I am running Win 10 Tech Evaluation and Win 7 in dual boot. That's fine. But when it comes to personalizing win 10, the background colour of the hovering mouse is black, so when it's hovered over black text, the text is obliterated. How can I change the hovering mouse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update cursors got huge

2. mouse pointer is huge when hovering over links