Windows 10: Mouse Pointers

Discus and support Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have changed my mouse pointer to a large black arrow. Named the theme and saved it Frequently I boot up or start an application and the pointer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by blockie, Sep 13, 2016.

1. blockie Win User

Mouse Pointers

I have changed my mouse pointer to a large black arrow. Named the theme and saved it

Frequently I boot up or start an application and the pointer has changed to the default theme. My named theme is in the list and I an select it and I have the large black arrow back. Can I make this theme persistent or make it default?

Bill

:)

blockie, Sep 13, 2016

2. My mouse pointer is switching from the loading mouse pointer to the normal pointer really fast in Windows 10

<Original Title: Mouse Pointer>

My mouse pointer is switching from the loading mouse pointer to the normal pointer really fast and I have scanned my laptop for harmful malware and deleted everything that was dangerous for my laptop and I'm using Windows 10. please help.

KYLEHUGHES101992, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Mouse Delay Bug

I had the same issue with a Dell Latitude E6410, here's what I did to resolve it, strange but true:

* Go to Control Panel ->Hardware and Sound -> Mouse

* Go under the pointer tab

* Uncheck "Enable pointer shadow", apply

* Close Control Panel

* Check for mouse stutter, if everything is okay turn the shadow back on.

In my case I noticed that the mouse pointer action has changed, the mouse has not paused since this change, A blue busy ring now appears next to the pointer where in the past it would
    stop the mouse pointer dead for a few seconds, now the pointer is snappy and precise.

NetDriveLtd, Sep 13, 2016
  4. Hopachi Win User

Mouse Pointers

Hi there,

Are you talking about a windows theme or a cursor theme/scheme?

Keep in mind that custom cursors need to be saved in a scheme.
    Have you saved the cursor 'scheme' before saving a theme?

A theme uses one or more wallpapers, sounds, icons, colors and a cursor scheme.
    Though I might not be entirely correct: separate cursors can be added in a theme; but creating a scheme first is always better.

I recommend you check second post here:
    Custom Cursors - Windows 10 Forums

And take a look at the tutorial:
    Mouse Pointers - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Cheers!

Hopachi, Sep 13, 2016
  5. Hopachi Win User
    In case you're still looking regarding the boot:

The installed cursor is only selected for the current user.
    If you boot up your PC or check at login screen, you'll always see the default (white) system cursor.
    This is because the visible cursor is the default one for the system. If you need other cursor during boot, you'll need to make that cursor's scheme default via the registry.

An example is provided as reg file(s) in my Aero7-Red Remastered cursor note at bottom of the post.
    Those work for the provided cursor schemes so you get the idea.

Caution:
    If you plan to edit some reg files, be advised.
    Applying bad registry files may not be healthy at all for the system. Handle with care.

Hopachi, Sep 13, 2016
  6. blockie Win User
    Changing the default sounds like the way to go. However, your instruction don't say where to extract the zip file to. Or I can"t find it. Please let me know the destination.

Bill

blockie, Sep 15, 2016
  7. Hopachi Win User
    The zip is in the note:
    set-aero-red-as-default.zip

The extraction location is not important; files can be deleted after they get applied. Extract it wherever you like (downloads, desktop...).
    Those are built for the provided Red cursor themes. You cannot edit the reg directly unless you're a good in hexadecimal. *Wink
    But you can get the location, to go and modify directly in the registry.

Hopachi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Pointers

1. Mouse Pointers - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointers

2. Windows 10 laptop don't use my custom mouse pointer icons animated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop don't use my custom mouse pointer icons animated: I did get my hands on few Windows 98 mouse pointer icons such as busy and busy working at background. They are directly taken from a good old Windows 98 VM so file extensions and formats are okay with win10 ani. Problem is everytime I boot my laptop it defaults to garbage...
  3. Windows 10 laptop don't use my custom mouse pointer icons animated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop don't use my custom mouse pointer icons animated: I did get my hands on few Windows 98 mouse pointer icons such as busy and busy working at background. They are directly taken from a good old Windows 98 VM so file extensions and formats are okay with win10 ani. Problem is everytime I boot my laptop it defaults to garbage...
  4. Windows 10 laptop don't use my custom mouse pointer icons animated

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...: Hello,I was facing this issue with this mouse pointer when the system goes to busy, it changes to low-res black pointer. And it is such that the mouse is like invisible and visible at some points of the cursor, and it becomes hardly to notice. I couldn't find any solution all...
  6. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...: Hello,I was facing this issue with this mouse pointer when the system goes to busy, it changes to low-res black pointer. And it is such that the mouse is like invisible and visible at some points of the cursor, and it becomes hardly to notice. I couldn't find any solution all...
  7. My mouse pointer automatically changes to black low resolution pointer when the computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  9. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  10. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware