Windows 10: mouse port

Discus and support mouse port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have troubles with my mouse working in any port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-port/8724038d-5ffd-479b-8e15-ff9da68e4b4a Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joyce Kirk, Oct 16, 2018.

1. mouse port

I have troubles with my mouse working in any port

:)

Joyce Kirk, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Microsoft 5000 Mouse scroll eratic jumps up and down all over the place

Hi,

There are several reasons why the wireless mouse pointer moves erratically, like the battery is low or there is a problem with the device itself.

We suggest that you perform the following steps:

• Connect the mouse receiver to a different port, like the ports at the back of your computer which typically have more bandwidth or power available and make sure to by pass any USB hubs.
    • Check or replace with new batteries.
    • Test the device on a different computer, this will help us identify if the issue coming from the computer or your mouse.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    My mouse is scroll is not working correctly

Hello
    zakkey,

We would like to ask additional questions to isolate the issue and get the right solution for you. Please answer the following questions below:

• Did you notice any recent changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse and check if the issue still happens?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow these steps to troubleshoot mouse issues.

• Try unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in.
    • Plug the mouse into a different USB port.
    • Try the mouse on another computer to verify the issue is not hardware-related.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Oct 16, 2018
  4. spapakons Win User

mouse port

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

mouse port [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

mouse port [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

mouse port [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

mouse port [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

mouse port

1. mouse port - Similar Threads - mouse port

2. How do I fix : New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix : New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working...: New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working with USB drive. Windows 10 new install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-new-laptop-doesnt-see-amazon/e4ded9e0-fa1d-4d07-854a-10914aa09636
  3. How do I fix : New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix : New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working...: New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working with USB drive. Windows 10 new install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-new-laptop-doesnt-see-amazon/e4ded9e0-fa1d-4d07-854a-10914aa09636
  4. How do I fix : New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse not working - Doesn't respond to clicks when plugged into USB port Read for Context

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working - Doesn't respond to clicks when plugged into USB port Read for Context: Hello. Title pretty much explains my problem. This is an issue I've had for three days so far. And it happened very spontaneously, too. I was working with my editor software that I use to edit audio. I was doing my work as usual until my mouse stopped reacting to my task...
  6. Mouse not working - Doesn't respond to clicks when plugged into USB port Read for Context

Mouse not working - Doesn't respond to clicks when plugged into USB port Read for Context: Hello. Title pretty much explains my problem. This is an issue I've had for three days so far. And it happened very spontaneously, too. I was working with my editor software that I use to edit audio. I was doing my work as usual until my mouse stopped reacting to my task...
  7. USB Ports don't want to work with mouse, keyboard or other controllers. Code 19.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports don't want to work with mouse, keyboard or other controllers. Code 19.: Hello. I am using Windows 11 on laptop Dell G15 5520.My mouse and keyboard refuse to work. It says they have driver error that is Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19.I don't have...
  8. USB Ports don't want to work with mouse, keyboard or other controllers. Code 19.

USB Ports don't want to work with mouse, keyboard or other controllers. Code 19.: Hello. I am using Windows 11 on laptop Dell G15 5520.My mouse and keyboard refuse to work. It says they have driver error that is Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19.I don't have...
  9. why is my mouse not being recognized in the same USB ports my headset is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my mouse not being recognized in the same USB ports my headset is?: Hi. I own a gaming laptop which has recently encountered an issue with my mouse. At first my mouse would randomly disconnect while i was playing my games every hour or so random timing which was really annoying but not unbearable. to fix this i had to take out both my head...
  10. why is my mouse not being recognized in the same USB ports my headset is?

why is my mouse not being recognized in the same USB ports my headset is?: Hi. I own a gaming laptop which has recently encountered an issue with my mouse. At first my mouse would randomly disconnect while i was playing my games every hour or so random timing which was really annoying but not unbearable. to fix this i had to take out both my head...