Windows 10: Mouse primary button setting

Discus and support Mouse primary button setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use a scroll mouse on the desktop with windows 10, and use "Right" as my primary button. I remote login to the same desktop while I am away using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SatishUnawane, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Mouse primary button setting

I use a scroll mouse on the desktop with windows 10, and use "Right" as my primary button. I remote login to the same desktop while I am away using a laptop (mac os or windows 10) which has a normal mouse, and every time I login, I have to change the primary button setting to "Left".

Can this setting be saved when logging in using remote desktop, so windows understands to use different primary buttons for mouse?

:)

SatishUnawane, Jun 21, 2019
  2. srfpala Win User

Set Left Button as Primary

In the Win10 task bar on the left edge is the windows symbol which currently responds to a rightmouse button click. Can I change it to respond to a left button click instead ?Settings show Right-handed (left Primary Click ) radio button is set.
    What do you suggest ? Bob

srfpala, Jun 21, 2019
  3. srfpala Win User
    Set Left Button as Primary

In the Win10 task bar on the left edge is the windows symbol which currently responds to a rightmouse button click. Can I change it to respond to a left button click instead ?Settings show Right-handed (left Primary Click ) radio button is set.What do you suggest ?Bob

srfpala, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Mouse primary button setting

USB plugged Mouse primary buttons switch [Help]

Hi Yazan,

Make sure that the Mouse setting is set correctly.

• In the search field on the Taskbar, type mouse.
    • Select the change your mouse settings option in the search results.
    • In the Settings window, under Select your primary button, change the selected option in the drop-down list from Left to Right or Right to Left.

If the issue still persist, try running the hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    It reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

1. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

2. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

3. Click on Hardware and Devices.

4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Mouse primary button setting

1. Mouse primary button setting - Similar Threads - Mouse primary button

2. When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.: I use my left hand to operate my mouse. So in Mouse settings I, of course, set the Primary Button to Right. But when I LEFT-click a web link, much of the time the mouse acts as though I clicked the Primary RIGHT button! Sometimes the Primary action occurs AND the context menu...
  3. When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.: I use my left hand to operate my mouse. So in Mouse settings I, of course, set the Primary Button to Right. But when I LEFT-click a web link, much of the time the mouse acts as though I clicked the Primary RIGHT button! Sometimes the Primary action occurs AND the context menu...
  4. Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings: Hi, Changing the primary mouse button settings in Windows also changes the touchpad settings. Is there any app or solution to let flipping the right and left mouse buttons while the laptop touchpad's right and left clicks won't be changed? P.S: I tried the Mouse Speed...
  5. Mouse settings primary button shared between dual boot windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse settings primary button shared between dual boot windows: Hello,I have dual boot Windows 10 on different SSDs.When I change mouse to left handed in one windows installation it become left-handed in another. I assume mouse settings shoudn't be shared between dual boot windows installations, at least other settings are not.Could I...
  6. Changing the primary mouse button setting on one computer changes the setting simultaneouly...

Changing the primary mouse button setting on one computer changes the setting simultaneouly...: Our home office has a couple of PC computers an ACER Spin laptop and a custom AMD desktop running entirely separate Windows accounts on different email addresses. The problem: When a user changes the primary button in the Settings>Mouse page on one of the computers, the...
  7. Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button: The Windows Icon is located in the lower left corner of the screen. When I LB click it, an hour glass icon appears, then goes away, and there is no further action. When I RB Click, I see the expected pop up menu which contains the shutdown command among others. Shouldn’t this...
  8. Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button: The Windows Icon is located in the lower left corner of the screen. When I LB click it, an hour glass icon appears, then goes away, and there is no further action. When I RB Click, I see the expected pop up menu which contains the shutdown command among others. Shouldn’t this...
  9. Set Left Button as Primary

Set Left Button as Primary: In the Win10 task bar on the left edge is the windows symbol which currently responds to a rightmouse button click. Can I change it to respond to a left button click instead ?Settings show Right-handed (left Primary Click ) radio button is set.What do you suggest ?Bob 133702
  10. Primary mouse button changes itself every day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Primary mouse button changes itself every day: I have two fairly new Dell Inspiron desktop computers running Windows 10. A few months ago, the primary mouse button started changing itself from left click to right click, on both desktop computers. This happens every single day and every single day I have to change the...