Windows 10: Mouse Problems, not found on other forums!

Discus and support Mouse Problems, not found on other forums! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Happy Holidays! I have been having problems for the last month or so with my mouse, and can't find the problem. There is a lot of information on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Old Marine, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Mouse Problems, not found on other forums!

Happy Holidays!

I have been having problems for the last month or so with my mouse, and can't find the problem.

There is a lot of information on problems with the mouse in Win10, but none are like mine.

The mouse (tried 3 different ones, all compliant, and Naga Hex has been on the machine for years, all are doing the same dumb thing. When clicking anything, (this is also intermittent) it will do a ultra fast double click. This is annoying IF there is a page under the one you want to close, and it closes both pages. Really annoying in email, when hitting the trash so send one away, and since the next message moves up, it disappears as well.

Also, trying to highlight a word, sentence or paragraph to do a copy/paste move, it jumps around in the word, or won't highlight where I want it to, or highlights everything on the screen... Also intermittent.

Trying to drag a folder, or file, it might move it where you want, or it might just move it halfway and drop it, whatever it wants to do.

It will not release a click (like it's still holding the cursor) sometimes, again really annoying when playing my only game, Planets.nu.

Driving me nuts, I have lost entire messages in Gmail, Outlook, any Yahoo due to this kind of problem....

Today I searched devices again, and found an entry for a Razer Cygnosa Color mouse (I do have that keyboard, and had removed the Naga a week or two ago while trying other mice) which I do not have, so removed the device, and restarted the computer. Would not start Windows. I got that fixed easily, it Win was trying to load from the wrong drive. Have had that problem since upgrading to 10 over a year ago.

Didn't fix the mouse problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old Marine Grunt.

:)

Old Marine, Dec 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-reboot/f62d6975-1ade-40dc-ad43-de9e1da66e0d Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Dec 23, 2018
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Mouse Problems, not found on other forums!

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

Aaaand the ironic thing there is, that no doubt WOULD void the warranty.

Seriously though, thanks for the suggestion but I plan to wait for their response. They said they can't authorize a replacement unless all the troubleshooting steps they emailed me don't work, which they didn't.

I've also contacted Newegg, and they said they'll do anything they can to help get me a manufacturer replacement in the case of the mouse not working with any of Logi's troubleshooting steps and if Logi refuses to replace it.

I had an MX500 that easily outlasted this one with lots of use. Seems to me the more complex the mouse, the more failure prone they are.

Frag Maniac, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Problems, not found on other forums!

1. Mouse Problems, not found on other forums! - Similar Threads - Mouse Problems found

2. Ps2 Mouse not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ps2 Mouse not found: Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec mon ordinateur fixe. Depuis quelques temps, un message d'erreur s'affiche lorsque je l'allume : PS2 Mouse not found Unknown BIOS Error. Error code = 8BOCCMOS Setting WrongCMOS Date/Time Not SrtPress F1 to Run SETUPPress F2 to load défaut values...
  3. Ps2 Mouse not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps2 Mouse not found: Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec mon ordinateur fixe. Depuis quelques temps, un message d'erreur s'affiche lorsque je l'allume : PS2 Mouse not found Unknown BIOS Error. Error code = 8BOCCMOS Setting WrongCMOS Date/Time Not SrtPress F1 to Run SETUPPress F2 to load défaut values...
  4. Ps2 Mouse not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. forum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forum: HiIs there a forum for my MSN Hotmail outlook All my important mail is being routed to junk email bypassing the inbox ?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forum/8ffc6768-456c-48e0-ac90-568557a75688
  6. forum

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    forum: HiIs there a forum for my MSN Hotmail outlook All my important mail is being routed to junk email bypassing the inbox ?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forum/8ffc6768-456c-48e0-ac90-568557a75688
  7. Problem with forum threads and posts

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with forum threads and posts: Hi! So I have this problem, I cant see anything typed in a thread or post on Tenforums, every post looks just blank! Any idea how to manage it? For example, I cant see even this post I typed after I press "Submit new thread" xD. I can only see your responses if I press the...
  8. Problems with ten forums editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with ten forums editor: I love the content on ten forums. But the web software to compose and reply to messages is very frustrating! I am using the WYSIWYG editor. In no particular order, here are my recent issues: 1) blank lines--why do I need to have 3 blank lines in the editor pane to produce...
  9. Technical Problems With This Forum?

in Windows 10 Support
    Technical Problems With This Forum?: I've been trying all day to reply to a topic I started in the Network & Sharing subforum. I've tried 3 different browsers and 2 different computers. Most of the time it will display the correct address - tenforums.com/network-sharing, but then before the page can display it...
  10. Problem with Forum pages freezing...

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Forum pages freezing...: I seem to have a problem with pages not being able to be scrolled in this forum, usually after it is opened from a link in an e-mail. The page presents fine, but the scroll bar will return to its original position if moved and the up or down arrow keys or mouse wheel, or...