Windows 10: Mouse problems part 2

Discus and support Mouse problems part 2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Win10ers... I had a problem with automatic scrolling in certain circumstances. See details here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/star_boy, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Mouse problems part 2

Hi Win10ers...

I had a problem with automatic scrolling in certain circumstances. See details here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h89cgp/windows_automatically_scrolling_downwards/

I thought it was fixed, see here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Windows10/...ws_automatically_scrolling_downwards/furdi2s/

But it was not. The fix was very temporary.

Upon booting my PC this morning, the problem had returned. It seems the only way to stop the unwanted scrolling is to enter Device Manager and remove the extra 5 HID-compliant mouse entries manually each time.

I have tried this with 2 different mice and I get the same problem each time. When I delete all entries from Mice and other pointing devices and insert the dongle for the mouse, 6 HID-compliant mouse entries appear in Mice and other pointing devices and the problem begins anew.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The automatic scrolling makes working in File Manager (and many other places) impossible, and I don't want to have to enter Device Manager and prune away mouse entries every time I boot my PC.

submitted by /u/star_boy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/star_boy, Jun 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread Primary mouse button resets after reboot Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Scanner Mouse not working

Thank you for this information I downloaded the suggested updated software but did not do steps 2-4 .... I a basic computer user and am not sure how or where to find these steps on my computer.

The new update makes it so my mouse part works but not the scanner part any basic advice or a step by step on how to do the rest?

CherylHobbie, Jun 14, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

Mouse problems part 2

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Mouse problems part 2

1. Mouse problems part 2 - Similar Threads - Mouse problems part

2. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back UP Part 2: Lets try this again and see if I can get some better advice.Whole 10 System BACK UPCurrent Computer HD Win10 - 300GB HD [250GB in use]Using External 500 2.5 External HDD - partitioned 300/200Purpose a full working back p that can be plugged in to restore the current HD just...
  3. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back UP Part 2: Lets try this again and see if I can get some better advice.Whole 10 System BACK UPCurrent Computer HD Win10 - 300GB HD [250GB in use]Using External 500 2.5 External HDD - partitioned 300/200Purpose a full working back p that can be plugged in to restore the current HD just...
  4. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Firefox... taming the beast part 2 !!

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox... taming the beast part 2 !!: First things first... stop Firefox from automatically updating. Simply unzip and drop this "distribution" folder into... C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox After manually updating Firefox this folder will be erased, so save a copy somewhere safe... for re-use. distribution.7z...
  6. Update part 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update part 2: H,I made a post like this before but I felt as if I need to be more specific so here I go. My Windows 10 laptop can not update because there is not enough space on my C: drive. Though I don't really have anything downloaded there, most stuff is on my D: drive. Most stuff...
  7. arc mouse part

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    arc mouse part: hello, the bottom piece of my arc mouse fell and icant seem to find it anymore. any idea as to how i can replace the part for mouse? just the black plastic end piece please....
  8. Reinstalling Windows (part 2)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling Windows (part 2): The reinstall disk starts installing Windows 10, but keeps crashing midway through. I have a feeling it has to do with the reason I'm reinstalling my Windows, but I'm not sure how to fix it. The reason I'm reinstalling a clean version of Windows is due to random crashing of...
  9. Magic mouse 2, scrolling and gestures problem

Magic mouse 2, scrolling and gestures problem: I have Magic Mouse 2, which I connected to my laptop with Windows 10. Everything was fine except for scrolling and gestures: these functions didn’t work. I tried to update the drivers and installed a driver for the mouse and Bluetooth driver. No effect....
  10. DVD ISSUE PART 2

DVD ISSUE PART 2: I HAVE A LAPTOP DVD PROBLEM THAT THE DVD PLAYS SOME MOVIES AND OTHER MOVIES DON'T IS IT OK TO UNINSTALL THE DRIVER OF THE DVD ? WHAT'S THE solution FOR THAT ?...