Windows 10: Mouse Properties

Discus and support Mouse Properties in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have Pavilion 15-ck019tx running Windows 10 and the touchpad has the Synaptics SMBus Clickpad driver installed, when I bought the laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MattLuxford, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Mouse Properties

Hi Guys, I have Pavilion 15-ck019tx running Windows 10 and the touchpad has the Synaptics SMBus Clickpad driver installed, when I bought the laptop, the setting "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached" was working, when I connected my connector for my wireless mouse, the touchpad would turn off instantly, however, sometime after one of the windows feature updates (not sure which one) this setting stopped working, the touchpad would just straight up disable, and connecting or disconnecting the USB receiver wouldn't change anything, the touchpad would stay turned off.

I've tried:

• Turning my laptop off and on
    • Uninstalling the driver for my USB receiver, and reinstalling
    • Uninstalling my Synaptics SMBus Clickpad driver (which I ended up deleting from my computer and had to redownload)

Anything else I can try?

Mouse Properties 9312651f-ecc4-4613-b168-4b328736dc26?upload=true.png Mouse Properties 748831c7-c201-4111-8eff-dd4100fd890e?upload=true.png

:)

MattLuxford, Jul 16, 2018
  2. MLG
    mlg Win User

Mouse Properties Interfere with Logitech Gaming Mouse Settings

Win 10 Prof. I use a Logitech gaming mouse G900 for regular mousing and photography editing. It has a tilt wheel left and right which I've assigned to copy and paste. This works fine. However, when I use the scroll wheel to scroll, it often acts as if it is the tilt wheel in the regular HID mouse settings in Win 10. Therefore it will alter an entry I made on a website instead of just scrolling the page.

For example, if I enter the #2 in box when placing an order, and then scroll up or down the page, it ends up changing the number I just entered. Hope this is clear?

Control Panel/Mouse/mouse properties/wheel tab - Vertical Properties no problem. Horizontal Properties setting is used when entering a number into a fill-in box on a website even though I'm actually just using normal vertical scrolling.

I would like to convince Win 10 mouse properties to let me set horizontal properties to 0 or convince it that there is no tilt wheel, when in fact there is. I'm imagining I could do this in the registry but I don't know where to go. Or, if anyone has another suggestion, that would be great too.

Thanks.

3. Mouse loads continuosly

The recent change that you've performed could've updated your mouse driver causing it not to work properly. As an initial step to diagnose your concern, we suggest that you reinstall your mouse driver to reset it to default. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• Type Device Manager in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for Mice and other pointing devices to view the driver.
    • Right-click the mouse driver and select Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Click OK and exit the Device Manager window.

Restart your device to reinstall the driver. Once your device is back on, check if you encounter the same concern.

Let us know should need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Mouse Properties

Mouse

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>
      Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse works, then update the Mouse driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the Mouse drivers
    in compatibility mode
    . Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Properties

1. Mouse Properties - Similar Threads - Mouse Properties

2. Mouse Properties Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Properties Reset: The problem is in my ThinkPad Lenovo laptop.In order to have the middle button, located just above the touchpad, turn into scroll icon so it becomes an auto-scroll combined with the TrackPoint red rubber mouse button in the middle of the laptop I have to launch the Mouse...
  3. Mouse Properties Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Properties Reset: The problem is in my ThinkPad Lenovo laptop.In order to have the middle button, located just above the touchpad, turn into scroll icon so it becomes an auto-scroll combined with the TrackPoint red rubber mouse button in the middle of the laptop I have to launch the Mouse...
  4. Mouse Properties Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Out of the blue, the "Mouse Properties" panel keeps on opening repetitively.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of the blue, the "Mouse Properties" panel keeps on opening repetitively.: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I am using a wireless Logitech mouse M190. The panel opens out of the blue, it is not correlated with any trigger or button. There are no error messages when the panel opens. There are no viruses on my PC....
  6. Out of the blue, the "Mouse Properties" panel keeps on opening repetitively.

Out of the blue, the "Mouse Properties" panel keeps on opening repetitively.: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I am using a wireless Logitech mouse M190. The panel opens out of the blue, it is not correlated with any trigger or button. There are no error messages when the panel opens. There are no viruses on my PC....
  7. Mouse not "grabbing" highlighting property, drops highlight halfway through, sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not "grabbing" highlighting property, drops highlight halfway through, sometimes...: My mouse is not "grabbing", highlighting property, dropping highlights halfway through, sometimes it thinks it's a double click instead of single click. I tried 3 different mice, 2 wireless, and one wired on different USB ports. Same behavior. I've seen this happen before on...
  8. Mouse not "grabbing" highlighting property, drops highlight halfway through, sometimes...

Mouse not "grabbing" highlighting property, drops highlight halfway through, sometimes...: My mouse is not "grabbing", highlighting property, dropping highlights halfway through, sometimes it thinks it's a double click instead of single click. I tried 3 different mice, 2 wireless, and one wired on different USB ports. Same behavior. I've seen this happen before on...
  9. cant access mouse properties in control panel, icon looks like this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant access mouse properties in control panel, icon looks like this: [ATTACH] whenever i click on it nothing happens submitted by /u/bozkmmmw [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzsv24/cant_access_mouse_properties_in_control_panel/
  10. Mouse and Mouse Properties App not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Mouse Properties App not working right: When I boot up, my mouse pointer moves too slowly. There are also scrolling problems, problems with hover not working in some programs, and the mouse properties app from Control Panel won't work right. When I go to the mouse properties dialogue and go to the pointer options...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse properties

2. touchpad mouse properties

3. mouse properties touchpad