Windows 10: Mouse quits working

Discus and support Mouse quits working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by coltsfan48, May 2, 2023.

1. Mouse quits working

All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB.

:)

coltsfan48, May 2, 2023

2. Mouse quit working

Hi Belinda,

Some possible reasons why a mouse would stop working could be an outdated driver, incompatibility of your device with your computer, or hardware issue. Kindly verify the following to help us isolate the cause of your concern.

• Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.) While it's likely
      you already have the most recent driver for your mouse after a Windows 10 update, if you're having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating its driver or reinstalling it. Here's how:
    • Select the Start button
    • Type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• Have you tried connecting a different mouse to your computer? Same issue?
    • What about when you connect that problem mouse to a different computer?
    • Have you done the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter? If not, we suggest you do by following the steps below:

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on

Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All

on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next

and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

• What is the make and model of your mouse?
    • Is the issue the same when you're using a different Internet browser?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Joanna 777, May 2, 2023
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, May 2, 2023
  4. Mouse quits working

Mouse quits working

The mouse quits working when the computer goes to sleep. However, since the early Windows 10 October, 2016 update, my computer experience has been a misery. First two blue death screens, mouse quits working and MS office files disappear, and screen freezes.
    Finally, I took to a computer tech; and after $100 the computer appeared to work until yesterday when the mouse stops working again. Going to purchase a new mouse today and hope it works.

I'll never recommend Windows 10 and wish I had never upgraded from Windows 7 early this year or was it late last year? Whenever it was, it has been a royal pain in the potootie.

LynnHelton, May 2, 2023
Thema:

Mouse quits working

1. Mouse quits working - Similar Threads - Mouse quits working

2. MEDIA PLAYER STARTS AND LOGITECH M510 MOUSE QUITS WORKING?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MEDIA PLAYER STARTS AND LOGITECH M510 MOUSE QUITS WORKING?: MEDIA PLAYER STARTS AND LOGITECH M510 MOUSE QUITS WORKING?it HAS ALWAYS WORKED IN THE PAST. has ME BAFFLED. did REBOOT OF COMPUTOR AND MOUSE. wired MOUSE WORKS GREAT...
  3. MEDIA PLAYER STARTS AND LOGITECH M510 MOUSE QUITS WORKING?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MEDIA PLAYER STARTS AND LOGITECH M510 MOUSE QUITS WORKING?: MEDIA PLAYER STARTS AND LOGITECH M510 MOUSE QUITS WORKING?it HAS ALWAYS WORKED IN THE PAST. has ME BAFFLED. did REBOOT OF COMPUTOR AND MOUSE. wired MOUSE WORKS GREAT...
  4. MEDIA PLAYER STARTS AND LOGITECH M510 MOUSE QUITS WORKING?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  6. Mouse quits working

Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  7. bluetooth quit working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth quit working: i have a Lanova laptop that is less than a year old that had bluetooth when I bought it. A couple days ago it just quit working for no apparent reason. It still shows up in my settings but when I try to use it nothing works. The troubleshooter tells me my computer is not...
  8. Monitor quit working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor quit working: I had an extra monitor plugged in for months, then it just went black and read "Input Not Supported". I checked the display settings and accidentally clicked the "just show on monitor 2", now both screens are black when plugged into each other. Help please! The computer and...
  9. Bluetooth quit working

Bluetooth quit working: i have a bluetooth usb device which was working before the last patch, now i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it says it has connected to my bluetooth headset but it is not connecting. any help would be appricated Thank you!...
  10. screensaver quits working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screensaver quits working: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 10. My screensaver quits working after a while, I get a black screen with message error caused your screensaver to stop working. Unable to fix. I have tried different things I know to do but nothing works. Help!...