Windows 10: Mouse randomly becomes unresponsive/ screen involuntary reverts/jumps back to previous screen.

Discus and support Mouse randomly becomes unresponsive/ screen involuntary reverts/jumps back to previous screen. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a two-part problem that I believe is related or connected. 1. The mouse stops working. The curser moves but loses click response. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ron Pearce, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Mouse randomly becomes unresponsive/ screen involuntary reverts/jumps back to previous screen.

This is a two-part problem that I believe is related or connected.

1. The mouse stops working. The curser moves but loses click response. I accidentally discovered that by bringing up the Taskmaster screen by using ctrl-alt-del keys, the mouse regains functionality for a short while before becoming inactive again. I swapped out both, the mouse and the keyboard, but the problem persisted. Therefore, it isn’t a device problem. I also tried another computer and the problem persisted with the transferred devices.

2. When viewing a directory file, or while browsing, the screen involuntarily reverts to the previously viewed screen which triggers the mouse unresponsive problem.

Any suggestions?

:)

Ron Pearce, Jan 8, 2020

2. When scrolling with mouse screen wants to jump back to a previous screen over and over.

when scrolling with mouse screen wants to jump back to a previous screen over and over.

kristoferkoolkat, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen

Hi,
    I made sure that the mouse and keyboard had new batteries and was clean, no stuck keys. My antivirus software is up to date but the pointer still jumps to the top left of screen while typing, browsing or when I am not doing anything or just reading news articles on the screen. Just did it again whilst typing this message.

Any suggestions most welcome
    Warren

Warren1065, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Mouse randomly becomes unresponsive/ screen involuntary reverts/jumps back to previous screen.

Keyboard and mouse unresponsive at lock screen

Hi Sean,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>
      Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse/keyboard works, then update the Mouse and keyboard driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Mouse randomly becomes unresponsive/ screen involuntary reverts/jumps back to previous screen.

1. Mouse randomly becomes unresponsive/ screen involuntary reverts/jumps back to previous screen. - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly becomes

2. Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages: Dear Team,I am writing to bring to your attention an issue that we have been facing for the past 8 months with our Windows 11 desktop computers. It has been observed that computer screens often jump back to the previous screen as if the earliest screen was being used. This...
  3. Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages: Dear Team,I am writing to bring to your attention an issue that we have been facing for the past 8 months with our Windows 11 desktop computers. It has been observed that computer screens often jump back to the previous screen as if the earliest screen was being used. This...
  4. mouse makes screen jump. mouse IS NOT jumping around!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse makes screen jump. mouse IS NOT jumping around!: THIS IS NOT A CASE OF THE MOUSE JUMPING. i can move it within a 1"x1" area and all sorts of movement on the screen happens. mouse makes screen jump, scroll, select. WAIT the mouse IS NOT jumping around! It makes the screen & menus jump as if I Clicked. i've changed...
  5. Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages: My computer was acting strange 2 days ago. What happened was i had Discord and Mozilla opened up, i was watching some youtube clips and all of a sudden it automatically jumps me back to my previous page until it goes all the way back to the start. Same for discord. What...
  6. PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive: Hello, My PC has been black screening for awhile during games and I don't know the solution. It does this during games, but windows also sometimes becomes unresponsive in which the only solution is to manually turn off the PC. I'm using an Inno3d RTX 3070 chill x3, a ryzen...
  7. Random black screen and unresponsive

Random black screen and unresponsive: AMD Ryzen 3 3100G Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 8GB HyperX Ram 500w Thermaltake PSU 1TB Seagate HDD 240GB PNY SSD Not the first PC I have built but definitely the first time I have run into this issue and I would really appreciate some help! It's for my nephew for Christmas so I...
  8. Windows 10 - screen keeps reverting to previous screen

Windows 10 - screen keeps reverting to previous screen: Windows 10 - screen keeps reverting to previous screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-screen-keeps-reverting-to-previous/5a8f591d-d9be-44fc-8a66-604bb0c5eb48
  9. Mouse jumping on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse jumping on screen: Hello, I was having a problem with my mouse which sometimes makes it jump a couple of centimeters on screen or just flying across the entire screen. The jumping occurs only when the cursor is stationary, but the flying across the screen happens no matter the conditions. I...
  10. Mouse jumps intermittently jumps around the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse jumps intermittently jumps around the screen: Since Windows 10 release the mouse jumps around the screen. I run Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro and the issue resides in both operating systems. There have been no attempts from Microsoft to correct the issue to my knowledge. If there was a fix I'm sure it probably would...