Windows 10: Mouse randomly catching

Discus and support Mouse randomly catching in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having issues for a bit now regarding my cursor. I have an Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop and Windows 10 came installed on it. I have verified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RianneMcCuaig, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Mouse randomly catching

I have been having issues for a bit now regarding my cursor. I have an Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop and Windows 10 came installed on it. I have verified that it is not the mouse, both by purchasing a new mouse and by using the touchpad. When moving the cursor, it seems to catch every few seconds. If I have something selected, then it will randomly drop or move that selection, both in graphics programs and text programs. My drivers have all been recently updated, and no fixes have arisen there. I have also tried a number of fixes listed here and elsewhere.

I would appreciate it if the next update would address this issue, as it is getting to be fairly irritating, and my current attempts to fix it have ended in failure.

* While typing this, I have also noted that the keyboard seems to be suffering from a similar issue, randomly dropping letters or spaces while typing unrelated to my own mess-ups. It is especially prevalent in using the youtube search function, as it takes forever for the letters to even register in the search bar. Using backspace also seems to cause the computer to catch and momentarily freeze.

Regards,

Rianne M.

:)

RianneMcCuaig, Mar 1, 2019

2. USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly

Hi Mark,

There are actually lots of reasons why you experience Lag issues when using your USB keyboard and mouse connected to a docking station. It could be due to driver issues, hardware compatibility or a faulty hardware.
    I'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround. Kindly answer the following:

1. Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    2. What is the make and model of your device?
    3. Is your computer connected to a company domain?
    4. What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?

In the meantime, kindly try the following suggestions to isolate the issue:

• Install all the latest Windows cumulative and security updates.
    • Download the latest USB driver from the manufacturer's website.
    • Try connecting the mouse and keyboard directly to the computer.
    • Perform a Clean Boot.
    • Try using a different USB mouse and keyboard.
    • Update BIOS firmware to the latest version.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Gemzon Mar, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Mouse randomly catching

Mouse randomly clicking?

Thanks for following up. Based on the information you provided, the first thing that I can suggest to you is the hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Cortana Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click View All.
    • From the list of troubleshooters, click Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter.

Once done, please let us know the outcome, or if you come up with any error message so we can further investigate.

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall drivers from the manufacturer's website manually. See
    How to find and download drivers from the manufacturers website
    section of this article from
    Andre Da Costa for more information and steps. Make sure that you choose the most stable driver for your mouse, even if it is not the latest version, and see how it goes.

Keep us on the loop for updates regarding this case.

Mark Isi, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Mouse randomly catching

1. Mouse randomly catching - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly catching

2. Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go: I have a brand new HP computer Pavilion with Windows 11. I have already sent the computer back for repairs to the touchpad because my mouse keeps picking up files, words, windows you name it and draggig them and dropping them wherever it wants to. I keep losing files and...
  3. Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go: I have a brand new HP computer Pavilion with Windows 11. I have already sent the computer back for repairs to the touchpad because my mouse keeps picking up files, words, windows you name it and draggig them and dropping them wherever it wants to. I keep losing files and...
  4. CATCH - 22

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CATCH - 22: Hello, Hoping someone in the Community can advise. I seem to be in a Catch-22 situation. I need to use the Restore files facility on Onedrive as deleted files without knowing that Onedrive then deletes them frm storage. But hve no storage space on my main pc to reload. These...
  5. CATCH - 22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CATCH - 22: Hello, Hoping someone in the Community can advise. I seem to be in a Catch-22 situation. I need to use the Restore files facility on Onedrive as deleted files without knowing that Onedrive then deletes them frm storage. But hve no storage space on my main pc to reload. These...
  6. CATCH - 22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Catch 22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Catch 22: This is a warning to those trying to download Windows 10. Microsoft has built an interesting Catch 22 into Windows 10. Get this: if your computer does not already have Windows 10, you cannot download Windows 10 to your computer. So, if you decide to listen to all those...
  8. EFI in a catch 22

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    EFI in a catch 22: So I dual-booted Windows 10 and a Linux Ubuntu distro Pop!_OS and everything was fine. I then installed a boot manager that deleted my boot.efi in Windows. (rEFInd) However, I can't run any bootrec commands because "access is denied" and I cannot figure out why as there is...
  9. USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly: I have a user experiencing issues with her USB mouse /Keyboard paired set. bot resond to one USB dongle, inserted into the docking station. Randomly, when the user is typing, the Keyboard will stop typing, and mouse stops moving or cursor disappears. I have moved the...
  10. What's the catch with GameGain ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the catch with GameGain ?: Recently I was about to donate an ancient laptop I had to my 4 year old nephew who showed interest in laptops but rather for playing videos and browsing youtube , so I managed to upgrade it to windows 10 which went up fine despite not even being supported but i did notice it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random catching mouse