Windows 10: Mouse randomly cutting out periodically

Discus and support Mouse randomly cutting out periodically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having an issue with all my mice recently that started at the same time about a week ago. They all keep freezing randomly and jumping to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djspartan117, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Mouse randomly cutting out periodically

I have been having an issue with all my mice recently that started at the same time about a week ago. They all keep freezing randomly and jumping to where the cursor should have been before it froze. It seems to happen randomly every 1-3 minutes but when it does start happening it usually does it multiple time in a row. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, changing the USB port power settings, changing my power plan settings, and tried all my USB ports. I checked my task manager performance tab to see if something would spike but I saw nothing correlating with the mouse freezing. This happens on all my mice which makes me believe it is some kind of software issue or hardware in my PC. Nothing else freezes on my computer when it happens. When I play games it will continue playing normally but my mouse won't move for a second or 2.

This has been driving me insane. Anyone who can help me fix this would be very appreciated.

Edit: I have also tried uninstalling and disabling programs that I have recently installed and reinstalled ones I use frequently, including antivirus.

:)

djspartan117, Jul 18, 2020

2. Keyboard and mouse keep cutting out on different USB ports

Hello DafEO, I am Andrew an independent advisor. Since this happens with different keyboards and mouse I am going to suggest you update the latest firmware, BIOS and drivers for your motherboard. Look on gigabyte.com for these.

Do you run any desktop controller for your motherboard? This could potentially cause an issue with chip randomly cutting out, so uninstall that and see if there is an updated version.

Let us know how this goes.

Andrew

AndrewWay1, Jul 18, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Friends PC randomly cutting out

I would suggest you get some details because I have no idea what "cutting out" is supposed to mean.

System specs, software, usage etc...

erocker, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Trevor8 Win User

Mouse randomly cutting out periodically

HP 4510S cuts out randomly - cleaned fan

HP laptop keeps randomly cutting out - cleaned fan ok in safe mode

Please help

Trevor8, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Mouse randomly cutting out periodically

1. Mouse randomly cutting out periodically - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly cutting

2. Mouse randomly stops working and audio also cuts out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working and audio also cuts out: I'm having this weird issue where my mouse logitech g203 is randomly disconnecting and when it does that my audio also cuts out hyperx cloud II wireless, although its more of a freeze because when the audio comes back it plays the device removed windows sound. I have no idea...
  3. Mouse randomly stops working and audio also cuts out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly stops working and audio also cuts out: I'm having this weird issue where my mouse logitech g203 is randomly disconnecting and when it does that my audio also cuts out hyperx cloud II wireless, although its more of a freeze because when the audio comes back it plays the device removed windows sound. I have no idea...
  4. Mouse randomly stops working and audio also cuts out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio cuts out randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cuts out randomly: Hello This problem started happening in 2 months ago. The problem is that the audio in my headsett just cuts out randomly, and does not come back on unless I disconnect and reconnect my headsett. I have tried troubleshooting, updating drivers, and restarting. Nothing has...
  6. Mic randomly cuts out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic randomly cuts out: Hello reddit people I have a issue where my mic will just randomly cut out and i have to disable it and re enable it in the sound control panel i have tried my brothers headset same thing also have tried multiple usb ports same thingi have a hyper x cloud 2 headset mici tried...
  7. Wifi cutting out randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi cutting out randomly: Sometimes, maybe once or twice a week, my wifi cuts off on my computer randomly. It only lasts for around ten seconds before reconnecting, but it really interrupts games. The wifi on my other devices doesn't cut out, only on my computer and I don't know how to fix it :...
  8. Sound cuts out randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound cuts out randomly: Hello, Sometimes all my audio cuts out randomly, however my microphone still works. So far going to my sounds, enhancements, and toggling the "disable all enhancements" and applying that fixes it, but it is annoying and I would like for this to just stop occurring...
  9. Audio randomly cutting out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio randomly cutting out: Can someone help me but for some odd reason for the past couple of days I've been experiencing audio cutting out(as shown https://gyazo.com/2eebf219956e244eabed33609ed374e3 )? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio driver to the point where I even did a hard...
  10. Bluetooth headphones randomly cutting out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones randomly cutting out.: So I recently purchased a pair of Bose NC 700 Bluetooth headphones and when watching youtube videos the audio randomly cuts out (maybe every 15-30secs) and then one second later goes back to normal. It's super annoying and driving me nuts. I have seen lots of other people...