Windows 10: Mouse randomly freezes, followed by a few quick beeps like the computer is discovering a...

Discus and support Mouse randomly freezes, followed by a few quick beeps like the computer is discovering a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure where to start with the diagnosis on this. It's very random, and will usually happen 3-4 times a day. Sometimes I will be looking at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FigureFourWoo, May 23, 2022.

1. Mouse randomly freezes, followed by a few quick beeps like the computer is discovering a...

I'm not sure where to start with the diagnosis on this. It's very random, and will usually happen 3-4 times a day. Sometimes I will be looking at Reddit, sometimes playing a game, there's no clear "reason" for it.

When it happens, the screen will sort of freeze. The mouse won't move. Then I'll hear the series of beeps you normally here when your computer is finding a new device. I don't get any pop ups or notifications to go along with it.

Since this started happening, I have replaced my keyboard and my speakers. The only other USB device I have hooked up is my Mouse, which is a TUF Gaming M3 mouse. I've contemplated replacing it to see if it is the problem, but I don't have another mouse handy, and I don't really want to buy one unless I'm sure that's the problem.

Is there any way to diagnose the problem without replacing the mouse, or is that my best bet at this point?

submitted by /u/FigureFourWoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FigureFourWoo, May 23, 2022

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 23, 2022
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 23, 2022
  4. Mouse randomly freezes, followed by a few quick beeps like the computer is discovering a...

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Mouse randomly freezes, followed by a few quick beeps like the computer is discovering a...

1. Mouse randomly freezes, followed by a few quick beeps like the computer is discovering a... - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly freezes

2. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  3. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  4. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: Specs: i7 - 8700k Asus Strix 2080 OC Asus Prime Z370-A Samsung 970 EVO Plus windows installed here Samsung 860 SSD Corsair Dominator RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB Corsair RM650x 650W v2 I'm struggling with random freezes, and I can't locate if theissue is hardware- or...
  5. my mouse is randomly beeping and lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my mouse is randomly beeping and lagging: I have 5 mice 1 is wireless and 4 is wired and every one of them can randomly beep and lag my whole system causing it to randomly black my screen, any help? submitted by /u/Fuzzy_Drop8480 [link] [comments]...
  6. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...
  7. Random Mouse lagging And beeping sound

Random Mouse lagging And beeping sound: Random mouse beeps and lag randomly happen whatever I am doing on my PC, especially when clicking fast, not my mouse as issue happens whatever mouse I seem to use. Started happening a couple months ago. Specs: Omen Laptop GTX 1060 6GB I5 8GB DDR4...
  8. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: So, I have been having alot... and I mean, ALOT of problems with my pc recently. I've managed fix most of them... but yesterday, as of me writing this, I have experienced that my computer freezes from time to time, and I have no idea why it does that. I've been reinstalling...
  9. PC freezes randomly after few mins and sometimes with beeping sound

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes randomly after few mins and sometimes with beeping sound: Hello, my name is Martin and I come from Croatia. SPECS: GPU: RX 460 4GB CPU: AMD FX 6350 MOBO: AsRock 970 Pro3 RAM: Vengance Ram 16GB (1 stick holds 8gb of DDR3 Ram) CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Evo 212 Power Supply: Akyga 600W OS: WIndows 10 64bit I do have 3 PC Case fans,...
  10. Random Mouse Lagging and beeping !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Mouse Lagging and beeping !: Hi guys how are you? Since yesterday im having this issue, my mouse starts lagging and beeping and i cant do anything else at the pc, the keyboard still works but if i turn the pc off or try to restart nothinh happens, i need to to press the reset button Is something...