Windows 10: Mouse randomly freezes, won't move or click, works again after a bit- everything else works...

Discus and support Mouse randomly freezes, won't move or click, works again after a bit- everything else works... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer has had no problems but then in the past 5 days or so the mouse/cursor will randomly freeze. I can't move it and clicking the mouse buttons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Foxwander, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Foxwander Win User

Mouse randomly freezes, won't move or click, works again after a bit- everything else works...

Computer has had no problems but then in the past 5 days or so the mouse/cursor will randomly freeze. I can't move it and clicking the mouse buttons does nothing. The rest of the computer works fine when this happens. Sometimes it will freeze at random moments- like when I'm moving it across the screen but it always seems to happen when I haven't moved it for awhile, like when I'm watching YouTube or reading a post.

Mouse is a Logitech M705 with fresh batteries. So far I have removed and reinstalled Logitech Setpoint and Options a couple of times. Used Device Manager to uninstall the mouse and also to uninstall the drivers and reinstalled them by scanning for hardware changes or restarting the computer. I have also tried removing the latest Windows Update (KB4057435). This seemed to work for an hour and then it froze again, prompting me to search for more help on the topic and then post this question.

:)

Foxwander, Jul 13, 2019

2. google and you tube stiil won t work

google and you tube stiil won t work

radelovric, Jul 13, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. McPlot Win User

Mouse randomly freezes, won't move or click, works again after a bit- everything else works...

Mouse pointer freezes randomly

I am having an issue with the mouse pointer freezing up randomly after the upgrade to Windows 10. 4 different mice. Including a Microsoft branded mouse. I have seen others with this same problem on the boards, but none of the suggestions worked. So I went
    to chat. The chat reps could not figure it out. Now get this....

They told me that Microsoft Mice, do not work properly with Windows 10.

Yes, they actually told me this. They are insistent that all 4 of my mice are bad when they all work fine in my Windows 7 machine and they worked fine on this machine before I upgraded it to Windows 10 a few weeks ago from Windows 8.1

Does anyone have an actual clue on what is going on?

McPlot, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse randomly freezes, won't move or click, works again after a bit- everything else works... - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly freezes

2. Internet works on everything else but PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet works on everything else but PC: When I start my computer, majority of the time I am not connected to the internet. When clicking on the globe by left click, the wi-fi option does not appear on the small window. When I right click to "Network and Internet Settings", sometimes it'll say Ethernet not plugged...
  3. Mouse is working but won't click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse is working but won't click: On my windows 11 PC, mouse is not working.cursor moves but wont click. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-is-working-but-wont-click/d4446904-1525-41b9-9bf1-69782e247042
  4. Mouse is working but won't click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse is working but won't click: On my windows 11 PC, mouse is not working.cursor moves but wont click. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-is-working-but-wont-click/d4446904-1525-41b9-9bf1-69782e247042
  5. Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works: so i was doing something, suddenly I try to move my mouse The cursor wasent moving, i swear i haven't done anything to my mouse, I try on my mom mouse and it works please anyone help me i cant use my mom mouse because she need to use it, I try everything it still not working...
  6. Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works: so i was doing something, suddenly I try to move my mouse The cursor wasent moving, i swear i haven't done anything to my mouse, I try on my mom mouse and it works please anyone help me i cant use my mom mouse because she need to use it, I try everything it still not working...
  7. Screen Freezes on CoD:Warzone. Everything else still works?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Freezes on CoD:Warzone. Everything else still works?: So essentially, as soon as i start the game the frame on screen will freeze, but everything else will continue to progress in the game including sound and the mouse, to go over where the menu options would be. Now here's the kicker, if i hit the windows button and minimize,...
  8. Mouse Works Perfectly Everything else is choppy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Works Perfectly Everything else is choppy: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Trippie-Boi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiah49/mouse_works_perfectly_everything_else_is_choppy/
  9. Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but...: Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but nowhere else & I have dual monitors with updated nvidea drivers. When I try to click on another screen, I can't. I then click control, alt, delete for task manager & it pops up and I click...
  10. Game freezes then mouse click stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game freezes then mouse click stop working: It started to happen a couple of days ago: 1. I'm playing a game using a controller and a headphone, both connected via Bluetooth. 2. The game randomly freezes but comes back. While frozen, the controller loses connection but not the headphone. 3. It eventually freezes...