Windows 10: Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome

Discus and support Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm posting this because the answers in other threads utterly miss the problem and their solutions won't help. Sometimes, when using the mouse on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Loïc Delorme, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome

I'm posting this because the answers in other threads utterly miss the problem and their solutions won't help.

Sometimes, when using the mouse on Chrome, it will Go Back a page for no apparent reason. This has just caused me to lose multiple hours of writing.

This is not caused by a virus: restarting the computer, purging the cache, downloading antivirus software won't do anything. The reason is, I don't think it's directly causing it to go back: I think that Windows sometimes misinterprets input from the mouse and so "left click" becomes "right click immediately followed by a left click". You can test it for yourself, that results in you Going Back because that's the top option of the drop-down menu on Chrome.

So I have two questions:

-How can I fix Window's input of my mouse?

OR

-How can I change the Chrome dropdown menu so that the top option is less consequential. I'm sick of this but I especially don't want to lose hours of writing again.

:)

Loïc Delorme, Jul 26, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome

Mouse disappears in Chrome/WINDOWS 10

I can't seem to go back and forth between the touchpad and the screen. If I touch the screen the touchpad mouse stops working in Chrome. Any suggestions?

Cyndy Davis, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome

1. Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly makes

2. clicking left click on my mouse makes me go back a page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clicking left click on my mouse makes me go back a page: ive tried another mouse and it doesnt go back a page.im using an urage mouse with 2 side buttons that go forward and back a page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clicking-left-click-on-my-mouse-makes-me-go-back-a/ad5df492-42ee-4c5e-8c84-dc4cd8764ca8
  3. clicking left click on my mouse makes me go back a page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clicking left click on my mouse makes me go back a page: ive tried another mouse and it doesnt go back a page.im using an urage mouse with 2 side buttons that go forward and back a page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clicking-left-click-on-my-mouse-makes-me-go-back-a/ad5df492-42ee-4c5e-8c84-dc4cd8764ca8
  4. Mouse keeps going back to home screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse keeps going back to home screen.: My mouse keeps going back to the home screen by itself. Also, random apps will open sporadically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-keeps-going-back-to-home-screen/deb0c16e-25b9-459d-bd18-d3ec4a35b968
  5. Mouse keeps going back to home screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse keeps going back to home screen.: My mouse keeps going back to the home screen by itself. Also, random apps will open sporadically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-keeps-going-back-to-home-screen/deb0c16e-25b9-459d-bd18-d3ec4a35b968
  6. Headphones disconnect randomly and make screen go black, and then go back to normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones disconnect randomly and make screen go black, and then go back to normal: Hello to everyone;So about a year ago I got a new PC. Now, this pc has always had the issue as described above - headphones randomly disconnect, screen flashes black, and when it comes to, the realtek audio manager is open, telling me I've just connected a new device...
  7. Headphones disconnect randomly and make screen go black, and then go back to normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones disconnect randomly and make screen go black, and then go back to normal: Hello to everyone;So about a year ago I got a new PC. Now, this pc has always had the issue as described above - headphones randomly disconnect, screen flashes black, and when it comes to, the realtek audio manager is open, telling me I've just connected a new device...
  8. Headphones disconnect randomly and make screen go black, and then go back to normal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Why is my mouse messing up and making my programs go back?

Why is my mouse messing up and making my programs go back?: I'm having a problem with my mouse and system in general. It began as a problem with my mouse after I installed a windows 10 update. When I would left click and it would go back a page. Not just in my chrome browser, but also in my windows explorer, my discord, and even the...
  10. How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers?

How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers?: Hi, I would like to disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers, and other things like steam which I can only guess is built like a browser. Now to be clear I do not want to bind mouse button 4 to do something else as I would like to continue using mouse button 4 in...