Windows 10: Mouse randomly slowed down, can't get it as fast as I'm used to

Discus and support Mouse randomly slowed down, can't get it as fast as I'm used to in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse randomly slowed down earlier. I restarted the computer and the speed remained the same - slow to a crawl. I adjusted the pointer speed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardDenoncourt, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Mouse randomly slowed down, can't get it as fast as I'm used to

My mouse randomly slowed down earlier. I restarted the computer and the speed remained the same - slow to a crawl.

I adjusted the pointer speed in mouse settings and that improved the speed. However, I have a very large monitor and the mouse pointer is still not as fast as before, which is very inconvenient when I need to get across the screen.

I realize I can disable "Enhance pointer precision" to speed it up, but I'd rather not. I like having the option help with precision.

Anyone know why my mouse would suddenly slow down? It's a wired Corsair gaming mouse, very high quality, but I believe this is a software issue.

:)

RichardDenoncourt, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Booms Win User
    Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast

Hi,
    I have a Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse 2000, but, each time I slow the speed of the scrolling using the mouse wheel it works fine, until I reboot the PC. Then, on restarting the speed is super fast again (too fast to really control).
    Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    Many thanks.

Booms, Jan 15, 2020
  4. pigulici Win User

Mouse randomly slowed down, can't get it as fast as I'm used to

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Mouse randomly slowed down, can't get it as fast as I'm used to

1. Mouse randomly slowed down, can't get it as fast as I'm used to - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly slowed

2. Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down: I had a power outage and upon restart the mouse pointer was moving painfully slow. now the speed settings are maxed out and it's still slower than it used to be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and also disabled "enhance mouse precision" with no effect whatsoever....
  3. Wifi slows down randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi slows down randomly: This has been going on for quite some time now but recently it’s gotten worse. What happens is my download speed will randomly drop to 2-20 mbps sometimes even less than a megabit and stay there. The thing is though is once I go to network adapters and disable the Wi-Fi...
  4. My mouse cursor keeps randomly slowing down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor keeps randomly slowing down.: I don't know why, I just got this new laptop though. My mouse cursor keeps randomly slowing down, I've tried restarting my laptop and turning up my cursor speed. Turning it up does improve the speed of my cursor a little but I can't get it to go as fast as it went last time....
  5. My mouse cursor keeps randomly slowing down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse cursor keeps randomly slowing down.: I don't know why, I just got this new laptop though. My mouse cursor keeps randomly slowing down, I've tried restarting my laptop and turning up my cursor speed. Turning it up does improve the speed of my cursor a little but I can't get it to go as fast as it went last time....
  6. Slow..then fast....slowwwwwwww...then fast

Slow..then fast....slowwwwwwww...then fast: [ATTACH] any idea what causes this submitted by /u/Coolboobs85 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3550v/slowthen_fastslowwwwwwwwthen_fast/
  7. Fast internet on linux, but slow internet on windows. I'm using ethernet, so there...

Fast internet on linux, but slow internet on windows. I'm using ethernet, so there...: I get my normal yet low 4 MB/s internet speed on linux, but only 1-2 MB/s on windows. I've disabled telemetry with debloaters on github, but that didn't help. My first theory was that windows was preferring ipv6 instead of ipv4, then remembered that my linux partition also...
  8. Wifi Randomly Slows Down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Randomly Slows Down: I have full bars and yet every once in a while my wifi slows down for hours at a time. One minute I'm streaming games then suddenly I can't even pull up my email without having to wait 2 minutes forTEXT to load. I have Windows 10 64-bit. That's all I know. I know nothing...
  9. my mouse is moving to fast. How do I slow it down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse is moving to fast. How do I slow it down: mouse to fast. need to slow speed down. I read how to solve, does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-is-moving-to-fast-how-do-i-slow-it-down/72e7dde2-869d-44f5-835a-dd6d1e6eb58e
  10. Computer randomly slowing down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly slowing down: Yesterday, at one point, my Internet connection suddenly became extremely slow, to the point where I was unable to load any pages in Chrome. A few minutes later, the issue resolved itself. I saw in Task Manager that System was using a significant percentage of the CPU during...