Windows 10: Mouse randomly stops tracking then jumps

Discus and support Mouse randomly stops tracking then jumps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having and issue with my mouse that I thought I fixed recently but after using my computer today it has come back. My mouse will randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djspartan117, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Mouse randomly stops tracking then jumps

I've been having and issue with my mouse that I thought I fixed recently but after using my computer today it has come back. My mouse will randomly jump across the screen if I move it to quickly or at seemingly random intervals. It freezes then jumps. All my wired mice do this and they are gaming mice with great sensors so they are capable of doing these movements without issues. Here is the link to the old thread that I thought fixed my issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...odically/66fe326d-5dc7-4c3c-9c6a-197d69664f09

These mice worked perfectly for years and up to a year and a half on this computer, so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues or anything. The issue has been happening for over a week now and I have tried resetting my entire computer remove everything as well as used different USB ports. I use a Logitech G Pro and a Zowie EC2-A.

:)

djspartan117, Jul 21, 2020
  2. Oulchura Win User

Mouse pointer randomly stops

For quite awhile, I've been encountering a mouse pointer problem on my PC (Windows 10), and its driving me nuts *Mad because it never happened while I was on Windows 7.

The cursor occassionally or randomly stops moving when I move the mouse consistently.

Demonstration: https://i.imgur.com/03kbZJx.gifv

In the demonstration, I moved my mouse consistently towards right, but cursor stops moving at few instances while my mouse is still moving. To put this into what it feels like, it feels like something is pulling or stopping the cursor randomly, if cursor is stuck, it won't move if I move the mouse less than 2mm in all directions but it will move if I move the mouse greater than 2mm in all directions. Sometimes it happens more often and sometimes it happens less.

My mouse is Logitech G502, I believe my mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop (Same OS and Mouse driver) and it worked perfectly fine.

My mouse driver don't need update. (HID-compliant mouse, 10.0.10586.0)
    My GPU driver don't need update. (NVIDIA, 10.18.13.6519)
    I don't have Logitech Gaming Software installed.
    I tried different USB ports (2.0 or 3.0) and it makes no difference.
    The problem still happens in safe mode.
    Reinstalling Windows shall be my last resort.

Any suggestions?

Oulchura, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Hank Less Win User
    Mouse stops tracking

Hi, I have a problem with my mouse (currently Logitech MX518). I am on Windows 10 on a Surface Pro. It seems to stop tracking at random for about half a second at a time. All my drivers are up-to-date,
    and I do not have any pending windows updates. Here is what I have noticed so far:

• It seems to happen more often in games or when something is loading but can also happen without any spikes in resource usage (I have had it happen while my task manager was open and didn't notice
      any resource usage spikes)
    • This same problem also happened with my old mouse, the Steelseries Rival 300, so I don't think it is a hardware issue
    • I have tried updating the drivers, deleting and re-downloading the drivers, disabling USB power saver, disabling pointer precision, disabling "hide pointer while typing," I have tried using windows'
      built-in device troubleshooter, I have tried disabling the other mouse pointers in device manager
    • I have tried both of my USB ports
    • It does not seem to happen in safe mode
    • It happens in any game I play, not just one
    • If I click "scan for hardware changes" in device manager while not in safe mode my mouse lags every time, so that is one way to repeat it
    • my mouse lights do not turn off when it lags, nor do I hear the "device disconnected" noise from my computer
    • unplugging and re-plugging the device USB seems to fix it for a brief period of time
    • sometimes it will stop tracking more and more frequently, and I have to unplug and re-plug the device to make it work
    • the tracking stops seem to happen in clusters, i.e. it will happen and then happen 5 more times within a 10-second period and then stops for a little bit

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hank Less, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Hank Less Win User

Mouse randomly stops tracking then jumps

Mouse stops tracking

I posted this yesterday at: Mouse stops tracking

The solution initially provided seemed to work for a while but the problem returned. I did both recommended solutions again, however it did not help. I will reproduce my initial post below.

Hi, I have a problem with my mouse (currently Logitech MX518). I am on Windows 10 on a Surface Pro. It seems to stop tracking at random for about half a second at a time. All my drivers are up-to-date,
    and I do not have any pending windows updates. Here is what I have noticed so far:

• It seems to happen more often in games or when something is loading but can also happen without any spikes in resource usage (I have had it happen while my task manager was open and didn't notice
      any resource usage spikes)
    • This same problem also happened with my old mouse, the Steelseries Rival 300, so I don't think it is a hardware issue
    • I have tried updating the drivers, deleting and re-downloading the drivers, disabling USB power saver, disabling pointer precision, disabling "hide pointer while typing," I have tried using windows'
      built-in device troubleshooter, I have tried disabling the other mouse pointers in device manager, I have tried deleting the USB drivers, and I have tried using the
      DISM.exe cleanup utility
    • I have tried both of my USB ports
    • It does not seem to happen in safe mode
    • It happens in any game I play, not just one
    • If I click "scan for hardware changes" in device manager while not in safe mode my mouse lags every time, so that is one way to repeat it
    • my mouse lights do not turn off when it lags, nor do I hear the "device disconnected" noise from my computer
    • unplugging and re-plugging the device USB seems to fix it for a brief period of time
    • sometimes it will stop tracking more and more frequently, and I have to unplug and re-plug the device to make it work
    • the tracking stops seem to happen in clusters, i.e. it will happen and then happen 5 more times within a 10-second period and then stops for a little bit

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! I have backed my computer up and am preparing to use a restore point. If that doesn't work I will do a fresh install of windows. However, I would much prefer
    any other solution.

Hank Less, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Mouse randomly stops tracking then jumps

1. Mouse randomly stops tracking then jumps - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly stops

2. Jumping Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Jumping Mouse: My mouse is jumping and there is nothing that will fix the problem, Is there any new software for the mouse?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jumping-mouse/272ded73-f305-4c0a-ab79-8b66b4e066be
  3. Jumping Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jumping Mouse: My mouse is jumping and there is nothing that will fix the problem, Is there any new software for the mouse?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jumping-mouse/272ded73-f305-4c0a-ab79-8b66b4e066be
  4. Jumping mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jumping mouse: My mouse starts to jump around after almost every Microsoft update. It has a mind of its own. It closes out of browsers. It closes out of applications. I use a Dell laptop. I have never been able to find a resolution to this issue that developed after updating to Microsoft...
  5. Jumping mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jumping mouse: My mouse starts to jump around after almost every Microsoft update. It has a mind of its own. It closes out of browsers. It closes out of applications. I use a Dell laptop. I have never been able to find a resolution to this issue that developed after updating to Microsoft...
  6. Mouse JUmping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse JUmping: Why my cursor always jumping to search bar, I already updated my mice driver. Note: im using laptop without mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jumping/c80fc4c6-2991-4d79-a16c-cb27be0e740c
  7. Mouse and track pad stopped working

Mouse and track pad stopped working: I was coding using python on my laptop and my usb mouse shut off. I tried plugging it into other usb ports and it wouldn’t work. My trackpad is also not working at all and won’t respond to me sliding or pressing it. How can I fix this?...
  8. Mouse stops tracking

Mouse stops tracking: I posted this yesterday at: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-stops-tracking/3eff5f80-2f1b-4423-a5b3-7db75fce0fb9?tm=1556136052083&auth=1 The solution initially provided seemed to work for a while but the problem returned. I did...
  9. Mouse stops tracking

Mouse stops tracking: Hi, I have a problem with my mouse (currently Logitech MX518). I am on Windows 10 on a Surface Pro. It seems to stop tracking at random for about half a second at a time. All my drivers are up-to-date, and I do not have any pending windows updates. Here is what I have noticed...
  10. mouse jumping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mouse jumping: how can I stop my mouse from jumping to the top of the page every few seconds of me scrolling. I can be in the middle of reading an article and it jumps to the top of the page. Im also trying to do a clean up check and it wont complete...