Windows 10: Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

Discus and support Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SyedVista, Apr 19, 2024.

1. SyedVista Win User

Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened before but I just simply switched to a new mouse thinking the mouse might be the problem and it did solve it but only for a few weeks and now it's not working againand another info that I think might also have caused the issue I did not do this on the before problem so the past week I believe I have been bringing my lap

:)

SyedVista, Apr 19, 2024

2. Mouse stops working randomly .

My mouse stops working randomly however the scroll wheel works everytime but the cursor would stop responding randomly and starts working again and again.

PraveenKumar987, Apr 19, 2024
  3. ATats70 Win User
    Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Apr 19, 2024
  4. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

Internet randomly stops working on laptop

Hi,

Several factors may affect your Internet connection that may potentially affect its performance or for it to stop working randomly. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Is this the first time that you've encountered the issue using your laptop?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your laptop prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages? If so, please send us a screenshot of the exact error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

1. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly stops

2. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  3. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: this is frustrating. Teams and Outlook still works but the internet has drops.Only option is to restart your device to fix internet breaking issue...
  4. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: this is frustrating. Teams and Outlook still works but the internet has drops.Only option is to restart your device to fix internet breaking issue...
  5. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows USB mouse not working randomly until restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows USB mouse not working randomly until restart: Hello,I've been having this problem lately. I can't recall when it happened but I think it started occurring 2-3 weeks ago. Whenever I use my mouse it randomly disconnects and never reconnects unless I restart my PC.Here are some things that I've tried to fix the...
  7. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: Hello Team! I'm experiencing a really frustrating issue on my Windows 10 PC. I lose internet access randomly during the day on my wired connection (Wi-Fi works just fine). When this happens, the internet icon in the lower right corner remains the same, shows "Internet Access"...
  8. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: Hello Team!I'm experiencing a really frustrating issue on my Windows 10 PC.I lose internet access randomly during the day on my wired connection Wi-Fi works just fine.When this happens, the internet icon in the lower right corner remains the same, shows "Internet Access" and...
  9. USB ports randomly stop working until I restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports randomly stop working until I restart: Hello, I don’t know if this is the right place to get this kind of help, but I didn't see any rules opposing it so figured I'd give it a shot. So, my USB ports all stop working at a random rate, forcing me to restart my laptop. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware thing...
  10. My mouse stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse stops working randomly: My computer has been bugged with two issues for the last few days: firstly, my mouse flickers off it has white LEDs and it becomes non-functional temporarily. Secondly, every once in awhile the mouse and the keyboard stop functioning entirely, my headphones which are plugged...