Windows 10: Mouse regularly disconnects and reconnects or freezes while still recording movement;...

Discus and support Mouse regularly disconnects and reconnects or freezes while still recording movement;... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First issue: My mouse started having this problem a while back, when I noticed that my mouse would freeze for a second or so and jump to where I moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarnifexXE, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Mouse regularly disconnects and reconnects or freezes while still recording movement;...

First issue: My mouse started having this problem a while back, when I noticed that my mouse would freeze for a second or so and jump to where I moved my mouse. The issue occurs randomly and I have no clue what I can do to fix it. I've done most of the fixes (unchecked power management, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, changed USB ports, device manager etc) yet nothing seems to help. The freezes seem to happen more and more regularly, and it is really worrying. I haven't checked if it is something to do with the mouse itself or my laptop.

Second issue: This happens very rarely, but it would make my keyboard and mouse stop working entirely while constantly making the Windows connecting and disconnecting sound. I had to shut down my laptop the first time it happened, and subsequently could reset to alleviate the problem. I haven't done much to find solutions to the problem as I'm unable to find guides of anything like this.

Mouse: TextronScorpion 7

Laptop:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30GHz

System Manufacturer: Acer

Model: Aspire V5-473PG

Memory: 8GB ram

Pls do let me know if I have missed out anything in the specs or in my description, it's my first time using a forum Mouse regularly disconnects and reconnects or freezes while still recording movement;... :)

:)

CarnifexXE, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Smorboll Win User

Cursor has a mind of its own

Are you using a mouse or a trackpad? If it is a mouse, is it a wired or wireless mouse and is it connected to a computer with a trackpad? -

Fix Random Mouse Movement:

• Disconnect and reconnect the mouse.
    • Connect other mice.
    • Reinstall mouse drivers.
    • Disconnect the cable (wired) or connection (wireless).
    • Try again in safe mode.
    Fix Random Trackpad Movement:

• Diable the trackpad and try a mouse.

Smorboll, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Router disconnects from internet and reconnects

My router has been acting up lately. Its been disconnecting from the internet and eventually reconnects overtime. But the disconnect happens so frequently, its annoying and I've reverted to asking for help.

RyserPhoenix, Nov 11, 2019
  4. BobSt Win User

Mouse regularly disconnects and reconnects or freezes while still recording movement;...

Mouse Freezes When I Attach an External Drive to My MS Surface Book 2

Not really.

The solution discussed at AskWoody was only a partial one. One person suggested that whenever I use an external drive, I first disconnect the dongle for the mouse, attach the drive only then, and then reconnect the mouse. That worked this morning for the single drive that I tried it on, as I reported at that other forum. But while I'm certainly happier living with having to disconnect and reconnect the mouse all the time, than with mouse that's always freezing when I use an external drive, it's not an ideal solution. On reflection, it seemed to me that in the long run it would be rather tedious -- akin to having to click extra times in order to use a piece of software, when everyone else has to click only once. My computer isn't supposed to work this way, and it's a petty annoyance to have to deal with it.

Where things were left this morning at AskWoody, it was hoped that updating my USB drivers would solve the remaining problem. But I checked and they already were up to date

Also, it now turns out that while the connect/reconnect partial solution worked for one particular USB drive, it doesn't work for at least two others. That is, I have other USB drives which cause the mouse to freeze, where the situation isn't changed by my disconnecting and reconnecting the mouse.

Also, the one USB drive for which the proposed solution worked this morning is now behaving differently. Right now it doesn't freeze the mouse at all, whether or not I go through the routine of disconnecting and reconnecting the mouse. I have no way of knowing how long that's going to last.

And then I have another drive (a new pen drive) for which the disconnect/reconnect mouse problem doesn't work, but where the problem is solved by using a powered USB hub. Yet using the hub doesn't affect the freezing problem for any of the other external drives that I've tried.

In short, problem not solved.

If I committed a faux pas by asking a question here that happened to also be pending on the AskWoody forum, I'll be happy to withdraw it here. I didn’t think that etiquette demanded such reticence. Otherwise, all I'm looking for is a complete solution to my problem. So if anyone has a suggestion in that regard, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks.

BobSt, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Mouse regularly disconnects and reconnects or freezes while still recording movement;...

1. Mouse regularly disconnects and reconnects or freezes while still recording movement;... - Similar Threads - Mouse regularly disconnects

2. my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.: hello ive had this problem for a while now and from time to time it disconnects and reconnects and its very irritating, ive already switched mouses and on my previous mouse it was much worse then when i switched to my current mouse the issue disappeared for like 2 months and...
  3. my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.: hello ive had this problem for a while now and from time to time it disconnects and reconnects and its very irritating, ive already switched mouses and on my previous mouse it was much worse then when i switched to my current mouse the issue disappeared for like 2 months and...
  4. my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: hello, recently my mouse has been disconnecting for second then reconnecting. first i tried to plug it in different ports on my computer that did not work, then i tried to plug it on a different computer and the mouse stop disconnecting, so i went though control panel to...
  5. my mouse disconnects and reconnects still !

my mouse disconnects and reconnects still !: While im on my desktop or im playing a video game my mouse disconnects and reconnects making the windows reconnection noise and its getting under my skin. It usually happens when i move my mouse fast or if i swing my mouse. So i decided to fix it from popular youtube videos...
  6. Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My mouse keeps disconnecting when I am in a game, and then sometimes it reconnects, and sometimes it doesn't. I know the mouse works because it is new and works on other devices fine, and I have had this problem before with other mouses, but it fixed itself. I have already...
  7. My mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting - temporarily freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting - temporarily freezing: Hello, for starters, I have been dealing with this issue for months, so bear with me as I explain what I have already tried for troubleshooting. I am running Windows 10 Pro on an MSI gaming computer GS65, 6 cores, GTX 1070, 32 GB DRAM, 1TB SSD and I use an external usb...
  8. The mouse reconnecting / disconnecting

The mouse reconnecting / disconnecting: Recently, the mouse I've been using has been being weird, I've learned to deal with it. By being weird I mean its been disconnecting and reconnecting whenever the dongle is in a certain direction. Yesterday however, the mouse started disconnecting when I plug it in, and...
  9. My display is freezing, disconnecting and reconnecting

My display is freezing, disconnecting and reconnecting: Hello, I have bought a brand new monitor for my pc. But it has one frustrating problem. My display is freezing, disconnecting and reconnecting. It also makes a noise, like "vrrrrrrrrrr" for a second. I have tried to connect to HDMI 1 & 2 to see if the problem was solved but...
  10. Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting

Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting: My Logitech G Pro keeps disconnecting from my laptop. It is annoying, and even more annoying as it won't even connect at all. I've searched for solutions and none of them ever seem to work....