Windows 10: mouse resetting itself

Discus and support mouse resetting itself in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; every time I restart or wake up PC from hibernate the wireless mouse settings seem to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by les orn, Aug 12, 2019.

1. les orn Win User

mouse resetting itself

every time I restart or wake up PC from hibernate the wireless mouse settings seem to reset

:)

les orn, Aug 12, 2019

2. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Aug 12, 2019
  4. mouse resetting itself

Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

I tried using your instructions to restore the touch pad mouse on Windows 10. It didn't work

KenHittmeier, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

mouse resetting itself

1. mouse resetting itself - Similar Threads - mouse resetting itself

2. My Laptop Reset Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Reset Itself: When I booted up my laptop today, it waited a little bit at the log on screen saying 'Preparing Windows"When It logged on, My desktop, Personal User folder Files, Pre-installed Apps, 3rd party app settings, Explorer Folder Options settings, Themes were gone. And disabled...
  3. My Laptop Reset Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Reset Itself: When I booted up my laptop today, it waited a little bit at the log on screen saying 'Preparing Windows"When It logged on, My desktop, Personal User folder Files, Pre-installed Apps, 3rd party app settings, Explorer Folder Options settings, Themes were gone. And disabled...
  4. Mouse scrolling by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scrolling by itself: I don't know if I should ask this here since this should be all about Microsoft and windows and phone, but I'll ask anyway and if it's not okay please tell me that in answer so I can remove this question. Question is:Why is my mouse scrolling by itself? I was recently playing...
  5. Edge resetted itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge resetted itself: I was using Chromium Edge until now and today 15.02.2021, when I launched Edge, I saw that all my bookmarks, passwords etc. are gone. My account was still signed in. I tried to import data from old Microsoft Edge but it just imported the old data, not my data I have on new...
  6. Computer Reset Itself?

Computer Reset Itself?: Hi, I'm Emily. So apparently, yesterday my computer reset itself, I think? I had a lot of apps; FireAlpaca, games like Roblox, and apps like Discord, etc. etc. Many photos in File Explorer and downloads. All of my emails connected, also using Chrome Web Store apps...
  7. My computer reset itself!!!???

My computer reset itself!!!???: I went to sign into my desktop a few days ago and a message came up saying something about my account settings have changed when I had not even used it in days or touched the settings. It let me log in but all of my files and everything were gone. The only thing that stayed...
  8. Windows reset itself

Windows reset itself: Hi, When I turn on my laptop, it started up like it never been run before. Something like a factory reset. And all my files were gone. Why is that? please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-reset-itself/63f34bcb-c125-4a8b-9386-c2daff540d87
  9. Password on startup reset by itself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password on startup reset by itself: This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked. I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was...
  10. File explorer reset by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer reset by itself: Please, after I installed IDM 6.31 build 8, file explorer reset by itself more than one time 119714