Windows 10: mouse resetting itself

Discus and support mouse resetting itself in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; every time I restart or wake up PC from hibernate the wireless mouse settings seem to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by les orn, Aug 12, 2019.

1. les orn Win User

mouse resetting itself

every time I restart or wake up PC from hibernate the wireless mouse settings seem to reset

:)

les orn, Aug 12, 2019

2. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Aug 12, 2019
  4. mouse resetting itself

Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

I tried using your instructions to restore the touch pad mouse on Windows 10. It didn't work

KenHittmeier, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

mouse resetting itself

1. mouse resetting itself - Similar Threads - mouse resetting itself

2. Windows 10 update / resets itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update / resets itself: Hi, I dont quite know how to explain this but every 3 months or so my windows 10 appears to do a reset. I like to customise my desktop - custom recycle bin icons and remove shortcut arrow. After this "reset" everything returns to standard. Some of my programs are also...
  3. Windows reset itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows reset itself: Hi, When I turn on my laptop, it started up like it never been run before. Something like a factory reset. And all my files were gone. Why is that? please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-reset-itself/63f34bcb-c125-4a8b-9386-c2daff540d87
  4. Start Menu resets itself every restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu resets itself every restart: I recently updated to the newest version of Windows (Build 1809) and ever since the update my Start Menu keeps resetting itself. EVERY piece of software listed shows New underneath it, even though none of my software is actually new. I have also (twice now) personalized my...
  5. Password on startup reset by itself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password on startup reset by itself: This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked. I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was...
  6. Password on startup reset by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Password on startup reset by itself: This is the second time in a row this has happened. I did a fresh Win10 installation, and then made it so that I don't have to type in a password when I turn the PC on via netplwiz. That was yesterday evening, and it worked. I've just turned the PC on this morning, and was...
  7. File explorer reset by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer reset by itself: Please, after I installed IDM 6.31 build 8, file explorer reset by itself more than one time 119714
  8. Performance Settings reset itself on Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Performance Settings reset itself on Reboot: what ever changes i do in performance settings (Advance System Settings -> Performance) especially visual settings, the changes not getting saved. Its getting reset to default on system reboot. Help needed. 19948
  9. Mouse settings constantly resetting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse settings constantly resetting.: Hey, folks. Just upgraded to 10. Not blown away so far, but it's a lot less stupid than 8. Glad they gave it away for free, seems like the fair thing to do considering they actually charged people money for 8. Anyway, I'm here because my mouse settings keep reverting back...
  10. My screen saver keeps resetting itself

in Windows 10 Support
    My screen saver keeps resetting itself: My screen saver keeps resetting itself to one minute after boot up, and then doesn't come on till I actually reset it back to four minutes. This happens after restarting my machine. I remember this happened to me years ago in XP, but can't remember what fixed it. 16783