Windows 10: Mouse right and left click working intermittently after fresh install of windows 10

Discus and support Mouse right and left click working intermittently after fresh install of windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was having an issue where my mouse right or left click was not working on certain parts of my screen, it would work on taskbar but not on browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrankRollo, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Mouse right and left click working intermittently after fresh install of windows 10

I was having an issue where my mouse right or left click was not working on certain parts of my screen, it would work on taskbar but not on browser during a few minute spam, and then it would reverse. sometimes i can move windows or open a right click menu and something i can't. but at the same time it would work somewhere else like on the taskbar but not on the browser window. or it would work on windows explorer but not not the desktop at same time. I did a full fresh re-installation of windows and the issue persisted. I tried reinstalling again using a new Microsoft account to make a

:)

FrankRollo, Aug 5, 2021

2. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse
    I tried so please do not suggest trying a different mouse or driver. I am using Windows 10.

BenjaminSomberg, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    W10 left mouse click works Intermittently

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with left clicking on mouse after upgrading to Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the mouse and computer?
    • Did you tried connecting the same mouse on a different computer?
    This issue could have occurred due to corrupt or outdated mouse drivers.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware troubleshooter and check.

a) Press Windows.

b) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
    E
    nter.

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to un-install and re-install mouse driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the mouse driver:

a. Press Windows Key from the keyboard.

b. Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.

c. Right-click on the mouse driver and select
    “Uninstall”.

d. Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Step 2:

Now re-install mouse driver from the computer manufacturer website.
    If Windows 10 drivers are not available on the manufacturer website, I suggest you to download and install the latest mouse driver
    compatibility mode from the computer manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

To install the mouse
    driver in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Download the latest mouse
    driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Mouse right and left click working intermittently after fresh install of windows 10

Mouse Pointer in Fresh Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

As of now, there is no option to disappear mouse pointer and turn into a dot or circle.I suggest you to use feedback inside the fresh paint app and give feedback regarding this.

Please follow the steps below:

• Open fresh paint.
    • Click on hub(the three lines, in top left corner).
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on send feedback.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Mouse right and left click working intermittently after fresh install of windows 10

1. Mouse right and left click working intermittently after fresh install of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse right left

2. Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11: I’ve noticed a problem on two separate Windows 11 devices - one for work and one for home. A significant percentage of the time - probably between 10 and 20%, when I click the left mouse button, the right click menu appears. It is not an issue with the settings being...
  3. Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11: I’ve noticed a problem on two separate Windows 11 devices - one for work and one for home. A significant percentage of the time - probably between 10 and 20%, when I click the left mouse button, the right click menu appears. It is not an issue with the settings being...
  4. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  5. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  6. Right Click works intermittently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click works intermittently: Hello! I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 and recently I noticed that when I right click, it doesn't always seem to respond. It mainly affects gaming when I have to right click a lot in a small period of time. I have tried both the trackpad and a mouse and both produce the...
  7. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and Right click on mouse pad not working: Hi there, I have recently touched the wrong thing on my keypad for my left and right click to stop working, the touchpad itself works thankfully, but the buttons underneath don't seem to work. Any ideas for me to get it fixed ASAP. I've tried downloading the HP PC hardware...
  8. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix): Good Morning! I have just two users who have an issue where they'll both be working and then all of a sudden their mouse clicks will stop working correctly. The cursor still moves fine but the left mouse click stops working. Both users can resolve this problem by right...
  9. Left mouse click works intermittently

Left mouse click works intermittently: Hi All, I know this question is everywhere but i cannot find any answer that would help me solve the issue. I gave up and reinstalled my W10 on my desktop. It solved the issue...until i unplugged the mouse to use it on my laptop (also W10). When i plugged it back to my...
  10. Windows 10 slow or intermittent Right Mouse Click

Windows 10 slow or intermittent Right Mouse Click: None of the Microsoft 'software' solutions/suggestions have worked to fix my Logitech M305 right mouse button which has been a problem for about 2 years now.. I decided to strip the mouse and check the right click micro switch. Sure enough after tweaking the contact spring...