Windows 10: Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor

Discus and support Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently updated to the latest windows update and started having a strange problem with my mouse. It rubberbands back to a specific location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrLuckyBot, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:47 PM.

1. Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor

Hi, I just recently updated to the latest windows update and started having a strange problem with my mouse. It rubberbands back to a specific location on my monitor whenever I try to move it. It also has a strange crosshair-type thing instead of a cursor.

I have found that with Microsoft Edge or Windows Settings in the foreground on my main monitor i can move my mouse around but the cursor is only visible when it is moving. When it is not moving it goes back to the same location it would normally rubberband back to even though i can still click and it register where I put it.

I have tried reinstalling Windows, turning off my PC and turning it on again, multiple mice, uninstalling mice drivers and reinstalling them. I don't know what else I can try. I will put my computer specs below.

PC specs:

Intel i5-6600k

Asus Z170-A

HyperX Fury 16GB (one stick)

RX 480

I will try to add a video accurately showing what I see but my phone is dead right now and the recording software I use (OBS) is showing something different than what I see. I can't seem to post a video of what OBS sees, I will try to post photos from my phone. If anyone knows how to post a video on here, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I don't know what category to post this in but I think it has something to do with the drivers, so I'm going to put in Devices & drivers.

:)

2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

3. Mouse skips from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor while typing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your mouse skips from first monitor to second monitor while typing.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. What is the make and model of the mouse?

2. Is it a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Type
    Troubleshooting in the Search Bar and then
    Enter

c)
    Select View all on the top left corner.

d)
    Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the mouse driver from the Device Manager.

I would suggest you to manually update the Mouse drivers from the
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 3: Enable Mouse Trails

Type Control Panel in
    Search Bar
    and then Enter.

Select Mouse.

In Pointer Option Check the
    Display pointer trails.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

4. Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor

Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:51 PM
Thema:

Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor

1. Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor - Similar Threads - Mouse rubberbanding location

2. my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    my monitor: My monitor is displaying the wrong colors ex: my computer is showing green my monitor shows grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor/47fa9888-8f6f-46fe-9c6f-6def160cfa2b
  3. how automatically get back my cursor to primal monitor after touching sensor monitor?

how automatically get back my cursor to primal monitor after touching sensor monitor?: Windows 10 pro x64. I have 3 monitors: 2 simplies monitors and 1 multi touch monitor... When i touch my sensor monitor i need to moves my cursor to primary monitor.. how automatically get back my cursor to primal monitor after touching sensor monitor?...
  4. My Privacy Location

My Privacy Location: My location shows wrong (Montreal) and efforts fail to correct it. Results in errors in my location in apps and websites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-privacy-location/74da0ba3-c193-4dae-b8cd-92fb9d2875ee
  5. My mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse: I took my laptop to be cleaned and my mouse was working fine after I got it back the mouse is not moving the arrow, I changed batteries still not working, what can I do, I also went to settings and still nothing...
  6. Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location

in Browsers and Email
    Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location: Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find a thread ... I'm using Edge and am generally OK with it as an in-development browser. However I tend to keep my browser on my secondary monitor; but every time I open Edge it has forgotten that preference,...
  7. Slow mouse depending on location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow mouse depending on location: I have a weird problem. I have a wireless LOGITECH mouse that I use with my laptop. When I'm in my office, it works fine but when I work in the livingroom the mouse crawls across the screen. Everything is the same. Same profile same mouse, same laptop, same network...
  8. Back up script location

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up script location: I have a PC that I regularly backup with a script every week. My script is stored on my backup medium(a portable HD) and when I want to run a backup, I plug in the drive, and start my script. Having my script on my backup medium saves me from writing additional lines of...
  9. MY COMPUTER location ??

in Windows 10 Support
    MY COMPUTER location ??: Win build 10041 Where do I find "my computer" ....In windows 7 it was in the start menu and I pinned it to (sent it to desktop made a shortcut to it etc) ? I am unable to find it in win 10 build 10041.. would like some help please.. Thanks in advance.. *Biggrin 5191
  10. Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar location not saving on Multi-monitor setup.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, the most annoying thing, even more annoying then BSOD's once every other day, is the fact that my Taskbar doesn't stay where I place it. I have dual monitors and have always placed the taskbar on the right side of the secondary display....