Windows 10: Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor

Discus and support Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently updated to the latest windows update and started having a strange problem with my mouse. It rubberbands back to a specific location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrLuckyBot, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor

Hi, I just recently updated to the latest windows update and started having a strange problem with my mouse. It rubberbands back to a specific location on my monitor whenever I try to move it. It also has a strange crosshair-type thing instead of a cursor.

I have found that with Microsoft Edge or Windows Settings in the foreground on my main monitor i can move my mouse around but the cursor is only visible when it is moving. When it is not moving it goes back to the same location it would normally rubberband back to even though i can still click and it register where I put it.

I have tried reinstalling Windows, turning off my PC and turning it on again, multiple mice, uninstalling mice drivers and reinstalling them. I don't know what else I can try. I will put my computer specs below.

PC specs:

Intel i5-6600k

Asus Z170-A

HyperX Fury 16GB (one stick)

RX 480

I will try to add a video accurately showing what I see but my phone is dead right now and the recording software I use (OBS) is showing something different than what I see. I can't seem to post a video of what OBS sees, I will try to post photos from my phone. If anyone knows how to post a video on here, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I don't know what category to post this in but I think it has something to do with the drivers, so I'm going to put in Devices & drivers.

:)

MrLuckyBot, Jan 11, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Mouse skips from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor while typing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your mouse skips from first monitor to second monitor while typing.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. What is the make and model of the mouse?

2. Is it a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Type
    Troubleshooting in the Search Bar and then
    Enter

c)
    Select View all on the top left corner.

d)
    Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the mouse driver from the Device Manager.

I would suggest you to manually update the Mouse drivers from the
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 3: Enable Mouse Trails

Type Control Panel in
    Search Bar
    and then Enter.

Select Mouse.

In Pointer Option Check the
    Display pointer trails.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor

Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor

1. Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor - Similar Threads - Mouse rubberbanding location

2. Location monitor flipped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location monitor flipped: Situation: While playing a game I flipped the location the game was playing on. As a result the order of my monitors changed.Question: I want to have the main monitor to be the left one, the secondary monitor the right one. This got changed, and I cannot change it back. What...
  3. Location monitor flipped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location monitor flipped: Situation: While playing a game I flipped the location the game was playing on. As a result the order of my monitors changed.Question: I want to have the main monitor to be the left one, the secondary monitor the right one. This got changed, and I cannot change it back. What...
  4. mouse location doesnt matches the location on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse location doesnt matches the location on screen: There is a big gap between the mouse marker on the screen and its real location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-location-doesnt-matches-the-location-on/ef534e09-eacb-4daf-8ba0-e9ce919f19ad
  5. mouse location doesnt matches the location on screen

mouse location doesnt matches the location on screen: There is a big gap between the mouse marker on the screen and its real location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-location-doesnt-matches-the-location-on/ef534e09-eacb-4daf-8ba0-e9ce919f19ad
  6. With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...: Hi i hope i explain this ok, With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor where my mouse is located when i open the app.Say i have four monitors, three on the same level beside each other and one above the three and i want to open a program on the far left...
  7. With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...: Hi i hope i explain this ok, With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor where my mouse is located when i open the app.Say i have four monitors, three on the same level beside each other and one above the three and i want to open a program on the far left...
  8. With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. My mouse jitters/rubberbands

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse jitters/rubberbands: So what happens when i try to drag my mouse, is the cursor stays in a general place, but wherever I drag it, it flickers where it should go, but it doesnt go further then a couple inches. Where it does go, I cant click anything it hovers over. Had anyone had this problem?...
  10. Scroll wheel rubberbanding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll wheel rubberbanding: Since yesterday my scrolling experience in all of Windows 10 has been absolutely awful. Suddenly every scroll is rubberbanding; sort of bouncing back up or not registering, and it makes scrolling an absolute nightmare. Any clues, anyone? submitted by /u/coIox [link]...