Windows 10: Mouse scroll does not work

Discus and support Mouse scroll does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since the May 2020 windows update my scroll wheel on my mouse will not work anymore. I have tried everything imaginable - everything I could find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BlueRebel, Jun 10, 2020.

1. BlueRebel Win User

Mouse scroll does not work

Ever since the May 2020 windows update my scroll wheel on my mouse will not work anymore. I have tried everything imaginable - everything I could find for a fix on line. I have tried to update the driver but it's already on the current version, I have uninstalled the driver and windows re-installed it. I have done the clean boot. I changed mouse wheel setting from 3 to 5, i changed HID services to start from manually to automatic. I even changed power settings why i have no clue that someone suggested and still, nothing works. I have tried everything you can possibly think of. I even re-installed windows 10 itself plus bought a new mouse. And still nothing works. only other option i can think of is buying a new computer, thats the only thing i havent done yet and I dont have the money to go buy another new windows 10 8gigs memory system. This all started after the May 2020 update. Please fix it!

:)

BlueRebel, Jun 10, 2020

2. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Mouse scroll does not work

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

I have a new computer (Dell) and have never before had a PC (Macs only). I connected my favorite mouse, a Logitech M325, and it's working in the normal way. But I want to change the scroll direction to Natural Scrolling - what I'm used to. I've followed the directions available online. Under Mice - Hardware in Control Panel, there's just one mouse listed, an HID-Compliant mouse. First, I assumed that was the one I was using, so I changed it. Turns out that applied to the wired mouse that came with the computer and its scroll direction was successfully changed, as I found out when I plugged it back in. So these directions would work with my computer, but my mouse just isn't showing up as an HID-compliant mouse in the Mice area. I think I found it though...listed as a keyboard. And keyboards don't appear to have a path with a numeric string where I could change the digit to reverse scrolling. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the scrolling - either how to get my mouse to show up in the Control Panel as a mouse, or a work-around. Thanks.

salishsong, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Mouse scroll does not work

1. Mouse scroll does not work - Similar Threads - Mouse scroll does

2. Mouse scrolling direction not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling direction not working: So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down...
  3. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  4. Scrolling Does Not Work With Mouse, Trackpad, or Arrows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling Does Not Work With Mouse, Trackpad, or Arrows: My windows 10 version is 1809. I developed a problem where I can't scroll. It just keeps going down but if I try to scroll up it will race back down again. This happens with the USB mouse, as well as when using the arrow on the trackpad by clicking it near the top of the...
  5. Mouse scroll not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse scroll not working?: Is anyone else's mouse scrollwheel not working after the latest 1909 feature update for windows 10? -November 12, 2019. submitted by /u/pandabush1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvm8lu/mouse_scroll_not_working/
  6. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...
  7. Mouse scroll not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll not working: Hello...I don't know quite how to explain this but here goes. My scroll button on the mouse wont work on web pages or anywhere on the computer for that matter. It brings up a bar on the left side that shows a color and numbers from zero to one hundred. That will scroll up...
  8. Mouse Horizontal Scrolling Not Working

Mouse Horizontal Scrolling Not Working: Has anyone solved this problem yet? Tried all suggestions/recommendations on previous threads. Nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-horizontal-scrolling-not-working/f4d27346-2c28-4190-8a53-b60750edfdf5
  9. Bluetooth Mouse Scroll not working

Bluetooth Mouse Scroll not working: I have a Microsoft Bluetooth wedge mouse that I bought with my laptop a few years ago. The mouse works fine except the scroll. I don't know when this problem started as I hadn't used it in a while, but it seemed to be working fine until I tried to use it two weeks ago. Any...
  10. Mouse scrolling does not work for long context menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse scrolling does not work for long context menu.: For some instances, I do have a long right click context menu which causes it to require clicking the 'up and 'down' buttons respectively to see the hidden options. However, a mouse scroll is more convenient. I have tried various makes of mouse but none of them seem to be...