Windows 10: Mouse scroll not functioning...

Discus and support Mouse scroll not functioning... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse Scroller is not functioning. I scroll up and down but on the screen nothing happens...Please help ASAP.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YusufKurupkar, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Mouse scroll not functioning...

My mouse Scroller is not functioning. I scroll up and down but on the screen nothing happens...Please help ASAP.

:)

YusufKurupkar, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Mouse scroll not functioning...

Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Mouse scroll not functioning...

1. Mouse scroll not functioning... - Similar Threads - Mouse scroll functioning

2. Changing Scroll Wheel Left/Right Button Functions On A Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Scroll Wheel Left/Right Button Functions On A Mouse: Dead Internet Theory is a thing, no doubt, because I cannot find anything onhow to reassign functions to very specific mouse buttons! Eight billion peopleon the planet and...crickets!So here is what I want to do:I want to change what my scroll wheel left and right buttons do....
  3. Changing Scroll Wheel Left/Right Button Functions On A Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Scroll Wheel Left/Right Button Functions On A Mouse: Dead Internet Theory is a thing, no doubt, because I cannot find anything onhow to reassign functions to very specific mouse buttons! Eight billion peopleon the planet and...crickets!So here is what I want to do:I want to change what my scroll wheel left and right buttons do....
  4. Changing Scroll Wheel Left/Right Button Functions On A Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse function

Mouse function: I have a Windows 10 pc and a logitech mx master 2s mouse. Two weeks ago a problem arose with the cursor appearing after boot up but not responding to movement of the mouse. This happened intermittently for a couple of days then stopped. Mouse worked perfectly fine for two...
  6. Mouse function

Mouse function: I have a Windows 10 pc and a logitech mx master 2s mouse. Two weeks ago a problem arose with the cursor appearing after boot up but not responding to movement of the mouse. This happened intermittently for a couple of days then stopped. Mouse worked perfectly fine for two...
  7. MOUSE SCROLLING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  8. MOUSE SCROLLING

MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  9. Mouse Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Scrolling: In an webpage when I use the scroll bar key on the right to move down by clicking and dragging it down then when I remove the pointer to the middle then it gets dragged automatically .How can I undo this setting ?...
  10. Mouse scrolling

Mouse scrolling: My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook. It works fine on all other sites. I have tried several suggestions, but no results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling/12bd117e-b1e5-48fb-959f-4da0dc1d9edf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting scroll on mouse not functioning