Windows 10: Mouse scroll not working in settings

Discus and support Mouse scroll not working in settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Mouse wheel works everywhere except in PC Settings. I have uninstalled drive, flipped the Scroll inactive window's switch and got Firefox so tired from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rdwray, Nov 4, 2017.

1. rdwray Win User

Mouse scroll not working in settings

Mouse wheel works everywhere except in PC Settings. I have uninstalled drive, flipped the Scroll inactive window's switch and got Firefox so tired from searching that it left home. I read a post from a MS developer saying that the intentionally change the mouse attributes; now I would like to change MS attributes - whatever that means. *Mad

:)

rdwray, Nov 4, 2017
  2. ydfyce Win User

Microsoft Touch Mouse Settings

I have a Microsoft Touch Mouse (http://download.microsoft.com/downl...48C7-863B-5BFB3BED1FD4/TDS_TouchMouse_EOL.pdf).

The mouse works properly, but the non-scroll-strip scrolling is simply too sensitive. I've of course downloaded the Mouse and Keyboard Center application, and attempted to adjust the setting appropriately to mitigate this problem by setting the non-scroll-strip
    sensitivity to the lowest setting. But the scrolling is still far too sensitive, and without intending to, the mouse starts scrolling quickly through a window I'm working in. This is obviously both frustrating and time consuming.

I would like to disable scrolling on the mouse surface, but maintain the scrolling ability on the center scroll strip area. There is no such setting option in the M&K Center application. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

ydfyce, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Cannot change speed of Horizontal Scrolling in Windows 10

As I explained, I installed the updated drivers for the mouse already.

It seems to be a problem in Windows that is not taking into account my setting for horizontal scroll speed. Every aspect of the mouse works as expected, including rebinding buttons and macros, but when I scroll horizontally it will only ever scroll one
    character at a time. The setting to change scroll speed is in Windows, not the mouse driver software.

DFledermaus, Nov 4, 2017
Thema:

Mouse scroll not working in settings

1. Mouse scroll not working in settings - Similar Threads - Mouse scroll working

2. Mouse scrolling direction not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling direction not working: So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down...
  3. Mouse scrolling direction not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scrolling direction not working: So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down...
  4. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  5. Mouse Wheel Scroll Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Wheel Scroll Settings: My master volume is being controlled by the mouse wheel scroll. This prevents me from scrolling any windows or menu lists or changing the zoom ratio in every browser I have tried. How do I change this?...
  6. Mouse scroll not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse scroll not working?: Is anyone else's mouse scrollwheel not working after the latest 1909 feature update for windows 10? -November 12, 2019. submitted by /u/pandabush1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvm8lu/mouse_scroll_not_working/
  7. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...
  8. Mouse scroll not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll not working: Hello...I don't know quite how to explain this but here goes. My scroll button on the mouse wont work on web pages or anywhere on the computer for that matter. It brings up a bar on the left side that shows a color and numbers from zero to one hundred. That will scroll up...
  9. Mouse Horizontal Scrolling Not Working

Mouse Horizontal Scrolling Not Working: Has anyone solved this problem yet? Tried all suggestions/recommendations on previous threads. Nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-horizontal-scrolling-not-working/f4d27346-2c28-4190-8a53-b60750edfdf5
  10. Bluetooth Mouse Scroll not working

Bluetooth Mouse Scroll not working: I have a Microsoft Bluetooth wedge mouse that I bought with my laptop a few years ago. The mouse works fine except the scroll. I don't know when this problem started as I hadn't used it in a while, but it seemed to be working fine until I tried to use it two weeks ago. Any...