Windows 10: Mouse scroll not working

Discus and support Mouse scroll not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello...I don't know quite how to explain this but here goes. My scroll button on the mouse wont work on web pages or anywhere on the computer for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RachelN2, Mar 9, 2019.

1. RachelN2 Win User

Mouse scroll not working

Hello...I don't know quite how to explain this but here goes. My scroll button on the mouse wont work on web pages or anywhere on the computer for that matter. It brings up a bar on the left side that shows a color and numbers from zero to one hundred. That will scroll up and down but I can not get it to go away.

Probably something silly but ….

Help PLEASE!

:)

RachelN2, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    My mouse is scroll is not working correctly

Hello
    zakkey,

We would like to ask additional questions to isolate the issue and get the right solution for you. Please answer the following questions below:

• Did you notice any recent changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse and check if the issue still happens?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow these steps to troubleshoot mouse issues.

1. Try unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in.
    2. Plug the mouse into a different USB port.
    3. Try the mouse on another computer to verify the issue is not hardware-related.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Mouse scroll not working

Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Mouse scroll not working

1. Mouse scroll not working - Similar Threads - Mouse scroll working

2. Mouse scrolling direction not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling direction not working: So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down...
  3. Mouse scrolling direction not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scrolling direction not working: So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down...
  4. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  5. Mouse scroll does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scroll does not work: Ever since the May 2020 windows update my scroll wheel on my mouse will not work anymore. I have tried everything imaginable - everything I could find for a fix on line. I have tried to update the driver but it's already on the current version, I have uninstalled the driver...
  6. Mouse scroll not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse scroll not working?: Is anyone else's mouse scrollwheel not working after the latest 1909 feature update for windows 10? -November 12, 2019. submitted by /u/pandabush1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvm8lu/mouse_scroll_not_working/
  7. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...
  8. Mouse Horizontal Scrolling Not Working

Mouse Horizontal Scrolling Not Working: Has anyone solved this problem yet? Tried all suggestions/recommendations on previous threads. Nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-horizontal-scrolling-not-working/f4d27346-2c28-4190-8a53-b60750edfdf5
  9. Bluetooth Mouse Scroll not working

Bluetooth Mouse Scroll not working: I have a Microsoft Bluetooth wedge mouse that I bought with my laptop a few years ago. The mouse works fine except the scroll. I don't know when this problem started as I hadn't used it in a while, but it seemed to be working fine until I tried to use it two weeks ago. Any...
  10. Mouse scroll not working in settings

Mouse scroll not working in settings: Mouse wheel works everywhere except in PC Settings. I have uninstalled drive, flipped the Scroll inactive window's switch and got Firefox so tired from searching that it left home. I read a post from a MS developer saying that the intentionally change the mouse attributes;...