Windows 10: Mouse scroll setting frequently resets

Discus and support Mouse scroll setting frequently resets in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm experience some annoying problem with my Win7 to Win10 upgrade. _While using_ the computer the mouse scroll settings reset to 1. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by harald, Oct 15, 2015.

1. harald Win User

Mouse scroll setting frequently resets

Hi all,

I'm experience some annoying problem with my Win7 to Win10 upgrade. _While using_ the computer the mouse scroll settings reset to 1. This can happen a couple of times during the day even though the computer never has been in sleep mode etc.

Any ideas?

Computer is a Lenovo X230 with i5-3320M. It has Synaptics touchpad drivers. I am using a docking station with a USB Logitech mouse.

Regards,

:)

harald, Oct 15, 2015
  2. agsb02 Win User

How do I turn off Auto-Scroll?

original title - Auto Scroll

How do I turn off Auto-Scroll? This is my second mouse and it still happens far too frequently. The mouses were from different manufactures.

agsb02, Oct 15, 2015
  3. JamesGamm Win User
    scroll rt and left

Since last update scroll left and right does not work from my mouse. I updated setpoint to new version for windows 10 and reset all settings still no scroll from mouse.

JamesGamm, Oct 15, 2015
  4. harald Win User

The scroll settings actually reset itself again while writing the previous post...

harald, Oct 15, 2015
  5. Jester Win User
    Exact same issue. It didn't start till a few weeks after I upgraded from 7, idk y cuz I totally disabled all the spying, including the forced updates. Cpl days back it started messing up outta nowhere. lmao@ serendipity, my settings also reset while posting this

Jester, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse scroll setting frequently resets - Similar Threads - Mouse scroll setting

2. MOUSE SCROLLING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  3. MOUSE SCROLLING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  4. Mouse Wheel Scroll Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Wheel Scroll Settings: My master volume is being controlled by the mouse wheel scroll. This prevents me from scrolling any windows or menu lists or changing the zoom ratio in every browser I have tried. How do I change this?...
  5. Mouse scroll setting keeps changing

Mouse scroll setting keeps changing: I prefer to keep my mouse scroll set to 3 lines in my windows 10 desktop. But the system randomly increases it to something like 11 or 19. I bring it back to 3. But it does not stay more than a few hours. Please help. This is what Windows does: [ATTACH] I change it back...
  6. Mouse Scrolling

Mouse Scrolling: In an webpage when I use the scroll bar key on the right to move down by clicking and dragging it down then when I remove the pointer to the middle then it gets dragged automatically .How can I undo this setting ?...
  7. Mouse scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scrolling: My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook. It works fine on all other sites. I have tried several suggestions, but no results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling/12bd117e-b1e5-48fb-959f-4da0dc1d9edf
  8. Mouse Scroll issues after December update. Continuous scrolling. Changed mouse settings to...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mouse Scroll issues after December update. Continuous scrolling. Changed mouse settings to...: Something in Windows Update in Dec. changed scrolling on my Windows 10/Toshiba laptop. I've tried changing mouse settings, the scrolling options, as mentioned in prior forums, but nothing has worked. My only fix last month was to uninstall the Dec update. There must be...
  9. Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed

Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed: Hi, I have a very strange and annoying problem. I bought a new mouse A4tech Bloody V7, I installed the software and everything seemed to be working fine. Then my PC went into the sleep mode and when I woke it up I realised that the mouse scroll doesn't work. I restarted the...
  10. Mouse scroll not working in settings

Mouse scroll not working in settings: Mouse wheel works everywhere except in PC Settings. I have uninstalled drive, flipped the Scroll inactive window's switch and got Firefox so tired from searching that it left home. I read a post from a MS developer saying that the intentionally change the mouse attributes;...