Windows 10: Mouse Scroll Speed too fast after 1607 update

Discus and support Mouse Scroll Speed too fast after 1607 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thread Title pretty much tells everything. My mouse scroll speed went crazy after 1610 update. It's just too fast, not only in browse, but everywhere!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by godderdam, Aug 4, 2016.

1. godderdam Win User

Mouse Scroll Speed too fast after 1607 update

Thread Title pretty much tells everything. My mouse scroll speed went crazy after 1610 update. It's just too fast, not only in browse, but everywhere!

How to fix it?

:)

godderdam, Aug 4, 2016

2. Fast scrolling speed after latest Windows update

After the latest windows 1703 update on the 13th August 2017, my microsoft mouse is now scrolling too fast in chrome (but not firefox) and also in microsoft office. I have gone into mouse settings but I am on the slowest speed. Any ideas?

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

c&ewilson, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Mouse Pointer is running too fast after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi

After the Windows 10 upgrade, mouse pointer is moving too fast. I have reduced the pointer speed to the lowest but it still too fast.

Gaurav Dharmwani, Aug 4, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Scroll can be adjusted thru Start > Devices > Mouse & touchpad.

CountMike, Aug 4, 2016
  5. godderdam Win User
    It isn't a fix. I tried it already and the value of 1 just isnt enough.
    The windows update did something with my mouse settings and it needs to be properly fixed.
    Any regedit key that could be edited for this?

godderdam, Aug 4, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Any special mouse, maybe because of changed drivers for it.

CountMike, Aug 4, 2016
  7. After the recent update my mouse did the same. Changing the speed settings in the old style Mouse Options didn't work, but changing them in the Windows 10 style Mouse & Touchpad settings did. I am running a SurfaceBook - hope this works for you too.

gettingwings, Aug 22, 2016
  8. godderdam Win User

Thanks! It did the trick *Smile

godderdam, Aug 22, 2016
  9. I'm having the same problem. Tried the solution from gettingwings but it didn't work for me. Microsoft wireless mouse on a Dell laptop, Windows 10.

MindSpyder, Aug 25, 2016
  10. Solved my own problem by making the changes above, uninstalling and deleting the driver software and rebooting.

MindSpyder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse Scroll Speed too fast after 1607 update - Similar Threads - Mouse Scroll Speed

2. mouse scrolling fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse scrolling fast: so I am using the email box provided by win 10 every time I scroll it goes fast won't stop, I downloaded Thunder Bird tried the scrolling on mouse seams to work proper all drivers were done. Re win 11 up date says processor does not meet. anyhow don't know of windows 7 there...
  3. mouse scrolling fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse scrolling fast: so I am using the email box provided by win 10 every time I scroll it goes fast won't stop, I downloaded Thunder Bird tried the scrolling on mouse seams to work proper all drivers were done. Re win 11 up date says processor does not meet. anyhow don't know of windows 7 there...
  4. mouse scrolling fast

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications: I have a ASUS VivoBook F515 with precision touchpad. When I scroll using this touchpad it scrolls very fast with apps like LibreOffice but much slower when using Chrome etc. With a mouse it works perfectly well. How do I fix this?...
  6. MOUSE SCROLLS TO FAST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MOUSE SCROLLS TO FAST: I BOUGHT A NEW MOUSE {LOGITECH M325} AND I CAN'T GET SCROLL TO SLOW DOWN. I TRIED GOING TO SCROLL ONE LINE AND SLOWING THE CURSER DOWN. IT DIDN'T HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolls-to-fast/7eb2b603-0229-404c-a22e-e87658fd1b2f
  7. Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow

Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow: I'm using Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop combo and after almost every restart, the mouse scrolling speed using scroll wheel get screwed up. It's either too fast or too slow, depending on the previous adjustment. Only adjustment through Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center...
  8. MS Wireless mouse scrolls too fast

MS Wireless mouse scrolls too fast: My 'MS wireless mouse 1000' scrolls too fast. This is in spite of bringing down the number of lines to just one at a time. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wireless-mouse-scrolls-too-fast/ab4bfb27-eb08-4b28-a287-e343c45f3b04
  9. Mouse wheel scrolls too fast in browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse wheel scrolls too fast in browser: Hope someone can help this is very frustrating. I recently updated from Win 8 to Win 10 and I think (but not 100% sure) that it was at this time that I started getting the problem. When browsing and using the mouse wheel to scroll it scrolls much too quickly. One click of...
  10. Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast

Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast: Hi, I have a Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse 2000, but, each time I slow the speed of the scrolling using the mouse wheel it works fine, until I reboot the PC. Then, on restarting the speed is super fast again (too fast to really control). Does anyone have any suggestions,...