Windows 10: Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

Discus and support Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidTranPDX, May 10, 2021.

1. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on long word documents and not having the scroll wheel is impacting my productivity. I am currently using the Logitech MX Master 2 & 3 and the issue occurs with both of them. I've tried contacting customer support from Logitech but it's not the mouse that's causing it. I've used these two mouses on my personal computer and there's no problem whatsoever. Another thing that I've noticed is that when I'm using the mouse with the laptop itself

:)

DavidTranPDX, May 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, May 10, 2021
  3. NobbyLud Win User
    Mouse scroll wheel

Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently?

NobbyLud, May 10, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

Mouse scroll wheel

Hi Nobby,

Check near the scrolling wheel is there a dpi button?

The button can also be used to switch between normal and media mode by holding it for 3 seconds

When your mouse is in Media Mode the wheel controls the volume and does not scroll documents . ..

DaveM121, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

1. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume? - Similar Threads - Mouse Scroll Wheel

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  6. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  7. Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume

Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume: Since the last update to Windows 10 I have no way to change the vertical scrolling on my mouse. It only affects the volume control. This is affecting all aspects of control including gaming and browsing. I have already uninstalled and re-installed the driver....
  8. Mouse wheel wont scroll pages. Only will adjust volume

Mouse wheel wont scroll pages. Only will adjust volume: I don't understand what happened. I don't know how to fix it. Anyone who knows about this please help me. I have a magic eagle gaming mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wheel-wont-scroll-pages-only-will-adjust/c90b7fe7-cfa8-4258-9b23-00fb3702268b
  9. My scroll wheel changes volume

My scroll wheel changes volume: So my scroll wheel keeps randomly changing the volume sometimes it does sometimes it doeasnt and it's not about the cpi button beacause i tried that as well. I tried unplugging then plugging it back in but that didn't work either. Can someone help me? IS there a way to...
  10. Mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll wheel: Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-scroll-wheel/848db64a-5a4b-472f-8216-c3950b05e79e