Windows 10: Mouse scrolling does not work for long context menu.

Discus and support Mouse scrolling does not work for long context menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some instances, I do have a long right click context menu which causes it to require clicking the 'up and 'down' buttons respectively to see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nabbyG, Sep 1, 2015.

1. nabbyG Win User

Mouse scrolling does not work for long context menu.

For some instances, I do have a long right click context menu which causes it to require clicking the 'up and 'down' buttons respectively to see the hidden options. However, a mouse scroll is more convenient. I have tried various makes of mouse but none of them seem to be able to enable me to wheel scroll in a right click context menu.

Anyone knows of a way to do so ? Thanks *Smile

:)

nabbyG, Sep 1, 2015
  2. GeeZany Win User

Mouse scrolling within a long right click context menu.

For some instances, I do have a long right click context menu which results in some options being hidden, requiring clicking of the 'up' and 'down' buttons to see them.

However, a mouse scroll is more convenient. I have tried various models of mouse but none of them seem to be able to enable me to wheel scroll in a right click context menu.

GeeZany, Sep 1, 2015
  3. GeeZany Win User
    Mouse scrolling within a long right click context menu.

From attached image, it can be observed from the arrows that there are more options that are 'hidden' in the right click context menu.

Clicking on the arrow works, but is there a way to scroll using a mouse to see the 'hidden' options ?

Mouse scrolling does not work for long context menu. [​IMG]

GeeZany, Sep 1, 2015
  4. nabbyG Win User

hi, anyone facing the same issue ?

nabbyG, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Mouse scrolling does not work for long context menu. - Similar Threads - Mouse scrolling does

2. restore long right click context menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore long right click context menu not working: Windows 11: I have changed the registry as described here https://www.wintips.org/how-to-restore-right-click-context-menu-in-windows-11/with the intention of restoring the traditional long context menus. Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\...
  3. restore long right click context menu not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore long right click context menu not working: Windows 11: I have changed the registry as described here https://www.wintips.org/how-to-restore-right-click-context-menu-in-windows-11/with the intention of restoring the traditional long context menus. Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\...
  4. Context Menu on Desktop Doesn't Scroll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menu on Desktop Doesn't Scroll: The only time I seem to have this context menu scrolling issue is on the Windows Desktop and using Widows Explorer. Obviously the context menu has to exceed the height of the screen for this to be a problem, something most advanced users will most likely all suffer from. I...
  5. Context Menu on Desktop Doesn't Scroll

Context Menu on Desktop Doesn't Scroll: The only time I seem to have this context menu scrolling issue is on the Windows Desktop and using Widows Explorer. Obviously the context menu has to exceed the height of the screen for this to be a problem, something most advanced users will most likely all suffer from. I...
  6. Context Menu on Desktop Doesn't Scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. context menu automatic scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    context menu automatic scrolling: actually when i right click on any file, folder, or an application, the context menu that appears seems to be move from the last word to the first one and continues again until you select a word from the list.it appears any time i right click the anything...
  8. context menu automatic scrolling

context menu automatic scrolling: actually when i right click on any file, folder, or an application, the context menu that appears seems to be move from the last word to the first one and continues again until you select a word from the list.it appears any time i right click the anything...
  9. context menu automatic scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Mouse scroll does not work

Mouse scroll does not work: Ever since the May 2020 windows update my scroll wheel on my mouse will not work anymore. I have tried everything imaginable - everything I could find for a fix on line. I have tried to update the driver but it's already on the current version, I have uninstalled the driver...