Windows 10: Mouse scrolling does random different mouse clicks

Discus and support Mouse scrolling does random different mouse clicks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Itried unplugging and replugging to usb changing usb turning on and then off features for mouse and uninstalling drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tomlincoln1, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Mouse scrolling does random different mouse clicks

Itried unplugging and replugging to usb changing usb turning on and then off features for mouse and uninstalling drivers

:)

tomlincoln1, Jun 11, 2020
  2. vixnfox Win User

Logitech G603 Mouse Scrolling Issues

Hi all,
    For some time now I have been having really frustrating scrolling problems - not just with this mouse, but I have tried 2 others with the same results. When scrolling with the wheel, the screen will scroll a short way ( up or down) and then scroll the other way - like a 3 steps forward, 2 steps back! The number of lines scrolling is also random at times, but NEVER smooth. So annoying. I have tried all the mouse wheel stuff in control panel. Having to use the scroll bars is annoying
    Any help appreciated
    Regards

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1909 (build 18363.720)
    Logitech G603 Mouse

vixnfox, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Mouse scrolling does random different mouse clicks

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Mouse scrolling does random different mouse clicks

1. Mouse scrolling does random different mouse clicks - Similar Threads - Mouse scrolling does

2. Mouse CURSOR at random times is unable to click or scroll.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse CURSOR at random times is unable to click or scroll.: At random times my mouse CURSOR stops working and no longer clicks or scrolls. The timing is random, though it usually happens with the CLIP Studio Paint window open. Things to note; I do not have a wireless mouse, I used a trackpad and it still doesn't scroll or click,...
  3. Mouse CURSOR at random times is unable to click or scroll.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse CURSOR at random times is unable to click or scroll.: At random times my mouse CURSOR stops working and no longer clicks or scrolls. The timing is random, though it usually happens with the CLIP Studio Paint window open. Things to note; I do not have a wireless mouse, I used a trackpad and it still doesn't scroll or click,...
  4. Mouse CURSOR at random times is unable to click or scroll.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MOUSE SCROLLING

MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  6. Mouse Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Scrolling: In an webpage when I use the scroll bar key on the right to move down by clicking and dragging it down then when I remove the pointer to the middle then it gets dragged automatically .How can I undo this setting ?...
  7. Mouse scroll does not work

Mouse scroll does not work: Ever since the May 2020 windows update my scroll wheel on my mouse will not work anymore. I have tried everything imaginable - everything I could find for a fix on line. I have tried to update the driver but it's already on the current version, I have uninstalled the driver...
  8. Mouse clicks randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse clicks randomly: Last night and currently, my wireless mouse has been randomly clicking. It only really happens in Chrome. Tested with edge and a few games as well as desktop. Nothing seems to happen. But when I use chrome it just clicks randomly. I tried checking for viruses using defender...
  9. Mouse scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scrolling: My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook. It works fine on all other sites. I have tried several suggestions, but no results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling/12bd117e-b1e5-48fb-959f-4da0dc1d9edf
  10. random mouse button clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random mouse button clicks: random mouse button clicks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/random-mouse-button-clicks/98d1dbfe-2154-4d17-a708-d7fa3ee5a8d3