Windows 10: Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically

Discus and support Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried unplugging my mouse it still scrolls down even when unplugged tried resetting windows, updating drivers, reinstalling mouse, tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EpicEivi, Dec 10, 2020.

1. EpicEivi Win User

Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically

I have tried unplugging my mouse it still scrolls down even when unplugged tried resetting windows, updating drivers, reinstalling mouse, tried troubleshooting ive done everything i have found online nothing works, it only does it in windows applications it has yet to do it in chrome and things like that is not windows i need help if anyone has any suggestions the only last thing is to factory reset which i dont want to do

:)

EpicEivi, Dec 10, 2020

2. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Dec 10, 2020
  3. pedsto Win User
    scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically - Similar Threads - Mouse Scrolling Down

2. Windows 11 automatic scrolling down..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatic scrolling down..: Recently I have been facing an issue that whenever I am reading a pdf on adobe or doing anything on google the page automatically scrolls down whether it be in adobe pdf or google..Please solve this issue...
  3. Windows 11 automatic scrolling down..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 automatic scrolling down..: Recently I have been facing an issue that whenever I am reading a pdf on adobe or doing anything on google the page automatically scrolls down whether it be in adobe pdf or google..Please solve this issue...
  4. Mouse scrolling down and error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling down and error: So when i scroll up on the mouse it goes down but when i Scroll down it goes up this has been happening since yesterday iam getting annoyed anyone know how to fix this error?Is it a virus?...
  5. Mouse scrolling down and error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scrolling down and error: So when i scroll up on the mouse it goes down but when i Scroll down it goes up this has been happening since yesterday iam getting annoyed anyone know how to fix this error?Is it a virus?...
  6. Mouse scroll automatically for down & always selecting down icon in desktop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll automatically for down & always selecting down icon in desktop.: My mouse point is scroll automatically for bottom of the screen or page & it selecting the last icon in the desktop.I updateed the drives.I reinstall the drives.I change the mouse.I turn off the "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them".I have updated to windows...
  7. mouse scrolling jumps up and down

mouse scrolling jumps up and down: When I go to scroll to read a page my mouse wheel jumps up and down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-jumps-up-and-down/cf96c624-0974-41d9-bbc3-69f52e02b9d3
  8. Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]To enhance user productivity, Microsoft implements a number of small features that make a difference in the overall experience & productivity of the user. But sometimes, these features get caught with issues and result in the abnormal functioning of the [...]...
  9. Automatic Scroll Down in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Scroll Down in Windows 10: Hii, In my Windows 10, whenever i open any program its automatic scroll down to bottom. Please Help to Fix that. Thanks in Advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-scroll-down-in-windows-10/c5be9596-e87e-419e-b35c-c2f5b44bc841
  10. scroll bar goes down automatically

scroll bar goes down automatically: scroll bar in dell inspiron goes automatically to bottom of the screen. It is happening in pdf viewers also . I cant bring the scroll bar to top...